Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swine Flu/H1N1
Has the flu hit your area? I have a friend that currently has swine flu and last week he had pneumonia and ran a temperature of 104 degrees. He since has been feeling a lot better though.
Gah if he swallowed some ammonia he should be dead....he is very lucky
Beetle01 Wrote:Gah if he swallowed some ammonia he should be dead....he is very lucky

Meant pneumonia.
A lot of people in this area are worried out about swine flu. Personally, I'm driving up to Frankfort tomorrow for a free drive-thru flu shot. As long as you're in line by 7:30 PM you can get a flu shot for free.

EKU sent letters to all the students saying that flu was going to be bad this year and that they are working on plans in case it became a problem on campus. The letter also said that EKU was going to stop testing students for H1N1, because if a student gets the flu this year, it will most likely be H1N1. The letter said if you have the flu, or symptoms of the flu, that you should stay home and not come to class until one day after you feel better. They said for students to e-mail their professors should they get sick and work out some way to do their coursework at home.

Should any student get sick who lives in the dorm, that student will be removed from the dorm and placed in quarantine with other sick students. They are using some of the on-campus apartments as quarantine rooms that will house up to 3 students at a time. Students will not be allowed to leave until 24 hours after their symptoms have gone away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:A lot of people in this area are worried out about swine flu. Personally, I'm driving up to Frankfort tomorrow for a free drive-thru flu shot. As long as you're in line by 7:30 PM you can get a flu shot for free.

EKU sent letters to all the students saying that flu was going to be bad this year and that they are working on plans in case it became a problem on campus. The letter also said that EKU was going to stop testing students for H1N1, because if a student gets the flu this year, it will most likely be H1N1. The letter said if you have the flu, or symptoms of the flu, that you should stay home and not come to class until one day after you feel better. They said for students to e-mail their professors should they get sick and work out some way to do their coursework at home.

Should any student get sick who lives in the dorm, that student will be removed from the dorm and placed in quarantine with other sick students. They are using some of the on-campus apartments as quarantine rooms that will house up to 3 students at a time. Students will not be allowed to leave until 24 hours after their symptoms have gone away.
I dont think that swine flu vacinations will be available until October 15th, from what I understand.

Have one son that attends the University of the Cumberlands and H1N1 has already devastated that campus population. They are strongly encouraging students to go home on the weekends too. Much of the same precautions that you described are taking place there as well.
Alexandria - Brossart High School and Campbell County Middle School have confirmed cases
I had a staph infection for about two weeks and before I knew what it was, I was scared to death it was swine flu because there were several confirmed cases around here..I thought I was going to die though..I caught mine from the hospital where I had my back surgery..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There are confirmed cases of U.S. troops having it in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Anyone know if there is a site I can go to that shows every county and/or town that H1N1 has been confirmed in?
Got a boss that informed us last night his father has tested positive for it. He lives in Louisa Ky.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont think that swine flu vacinations will be available until October 15th, from what I understand.

Have one son that attends the University of the Cumberlands and H1N1 has already devastated that campus population. They are strongly encouraging students to go home on the weekends too. Much of the same precautions that you described are taking place there as well.

Yeah, the H1N1 vaccine won't be available until mid-October, but it's recommended that you go ahead and get the regular flu shot, then follow up in October with the H1N1 vaccine. They are also saying, that adults will probably only need one H1N1 shot, while younger children may need two vaccines.

As for testing or "confirming" H1N1 this flu season, many places are going to stop because it's thought that most of the flu people are going to get this season, will in fact be H1N1.

In other words, if you get the flu this year, it will probably be H1N1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ogosh