Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott 36, Harrison County 30
Scott 36, Harrison County 30
• • Print • ShareThis • Type: A A • Click-2-Listen

Senior Zach Sowder and sophomore Ryan Sowder each scored two rushing touchdowns as Scott picked up its first win of the season.

Zach Sowder also kicked four extra points for the Eagles.

Scott outscored Harrison County 22-12 in the second half to pick up the win. They rallied from a 27-14 halftime deficit.

Zach Sowder finished with 40 carries for 239 yards. Ryan Sowder had 11 carries for 85 yards.

Senior Kyle Jones had five carries for 40 yards. Senior RB Doug Patton scored on a 1-yard touchdown with about eight minutes left.

“(The game) was sure exciting, I can tell you that,” Scott athletic director Ken Mueller said.

Cincinnati.com
Scott 0 14 16 6 -- 36
Harrison Co. 6 12 6 6 -- 30

H–Lewis 82 fumble return (kick failed)
H–Moss 2 run (kick failed)
H–Thomas 77 punt return (run failed)
S–R. Sowder 12 run (Z. Sowder kick)
S–R. Sowder 14 run (Z. Sowder kick)
S–Z. Sowder 1 run (Z. Sowder kick)
H–Thomas 41 pass from Korona (pass failed)
S–Z. Sowder 47 run (Z. Sowder kick)
S–Safety
S–Patton 1 run (run failed)
H–Thomas 41 pass from Korona (pass failed)
Records: S 1-3, H 2-2.
I'd love to see some people get back on here and eat some of their deserved crow as most of them didn't see, or said, that Scott wouldn't get a win all year. This was one of the more winnable games on their schedule and they came out and took care of business. Scott could just about have 3 wins right now as 0, but I'm glad they were ablet o pull away at least one of them. Good job Eagles and congrats Zach Sowder!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'd love to see some people get back on here and eat some of their deserved crow as most of them didn't see, or said, that Scott wouldn't get a win all year. This was one of the more winnable games on their schedule and they came out and took care of business. Scott could just about have 3 wins right now as 0, but I'm glad they were ablet o pull away at least one of them. Good job Eagles and congrats Zach Sowder!

First, congrats to Scott for thier win. Second, I was one who spoke about Scott possibly not winning a game. Why would I eat crow? Scott has been beaten by Conner (predictable), Cooper (a 2nd year program), and Bellevue ( a 1A program).
They got a win against an okay Harrison County program. All that tells me is that Holmes will more than likely win their district because Harrison County was predicted to win thier district.
By the way, they still have to play thier entire district schedule (Highlands, Cov. Cath, and Dixie) as well as Lloyd and Simon Kenton. They MIGHT beat Lloyd and that's it. If they go 4-6, I'll eat crow, w/ Hot Sauce. :flame:
Don't bet on that happening.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:They MIGHT beat Lloyd and that's it. If they go 4-6, I'll eat crow, w/ Hot Sauce. :flame:
Don't bet on that happening.
agreed
by the way congradualtion on the win
Congrats on the win, I thought the only chance they had to win was Lloyd but I am glad they won and proved a lot of people wrong including myself.
Death Wrote:Congrats on the win, I thought the only chance they had to win was Lloyd but I am glad they won and proved a lot of people wrong including myself.

I thought Lloyd was iffy, to be honest. Still do, but congrats on putting Harrison County away.