Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
75.36%
Breathitt Co.
24.64%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Breathitt Co. 9/25
How can anyone pick a slumping Breathitt co. team at this point? They seem to get worse every week. Johnson Central by 3 touchdowns. Breathitt just don't have it.
The Blue Blur Wrote:An interesting matchup between the defending 3A State Champs and the biggest turn around and the hottest mountain team in the past 5 years. Both coming off memorable seasons but missing key cogs from last year. Not so much graduated players but assistant coaches, both of which took head coaching jobs else where. JC won last season's season opening matchup going away 26-14, but this season is a different matchup and story. Both teams are looking for win #2, throughout 6 weeks. Breathitt is hungry but JC has momentum now getting their first win of the season tonight.

My prediction:
JC 14
BC 12
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Louisville Central the defending State Champs? Anyway I'm gonna take JC in this one 34-13
cuppett777 Wrote:i disagree to,how many final 4 or championship games for jc-O,,..belfry last 6yrs ,final 4 every year,2rings and a runner up.TongueirateSho

One final four. 2006 vs. Covington Catholic.
JC wins.
I will take Johnson Central 38-24 Breathitt needs to learn it takes the whole team to win a game not just one or 2 players but that one person will find that out if he actually ends up at UT and i dont mean no disrespect but lane Kiffen hates slackers and self promoted superstars
ill take breathitt in this one.....both teams have struggled this year and they will both continut to imo....im going with a very high score becuase neither defenses are very good...
BC-48
JC-35
firechief Wrote:You will see JC has a better RB than BC. Jude will run wild....

even if he does get more yards than fugate...it still dosent mean hes a better player....defense and o-line come into play
I bleed blue but I am no fool. Johnson Central wins 35-28.
i take bc in this one....
bc-27
jc-14
If Breathitt can hold onto the ball and not fumble or throw Ints they should be able to pull this one out. I think the have somewhere around 15 turnovers in the last three games. Thats not good football at all. People wounder whats wrong with Breathitt, I think thats the #1 problume. Like I said, IF and thats a big if they can hold onto the ball and put two good halves of football together they can win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
The Blue Blur Wrote:An interesting matchup between the defending 3A State Champs and the biggest turn around and the hottest mountain team in the past 5 years. Both coming off memorable seasons but missing key cogs from last year. Not so much graduated players but assistant coaches, both of which took head coaching jobs else where. JC won last season's season opening matchup going away 26-14, but this season is a different matchup and story. Both teams are looking for win #2, throughout 6 weeks. Breathitt is hungry but JC has momentum now getting their first win of the season tonight.

My prediction:
JC 14
BC 12

I have never seen such false information in one post. 1. How can anyone consider a team with only one win the hottest mountain team in the last five years. 2. Breathitt is not the defending 3A state champs, I believe it is Central. Everybody makes mistakes but this is ridiculous. Breathitt's last state title was in 2002.
I think Louisville Central is the defending 3A champ.
Central down but certainly not out. They win in a big way. Eagles stop the run and BC cant pass well. Eagles in a no doubter.
JC by 2 TD's
JC won't have any answer for BC offense and BC by 12!! :popcorn:
Breathitt to me is just down hearted right now. Everyone including myself was ready to make the trip to bowling green this year. But this thing is not over yet. When you start post season play records are out the door. 10-0 or 0-10. It is all equal. We still have the talent to make the run. No matter what anybody says, Channing Fugate is the BEST back I have ever got to watch. Guys at Breathitt High, It is time to show true character. It is easy to do when things are going great. It shows more when things are going hard. Prove everyone wrong and show JC who is going to win the state title this year. BHS was not go out without a FIGHT. :1:
firechief Wrote:You will see JC has a better RB than BC. Jude will run wild....

I think it's great you support your team and think your players are good, but to compare Jude to Fugate is like comparing a Corvett to a Chevy S10. Fugate is a man and Jude is still a boy. I think by the time Jude is a Sr. he will be a very good back, but I still don't see him coming close to Fugate.JMO.
Before all the Belfry fans, eat my head. As well as Louisville Central fans.

1. Check the time when this was posted, 1:05 A.M. I didn't attend a ball game this past Friday. Happy Hour started a little early for the Blur.

2. Not taking anything away from Belfry, who has been an incredible Mountains football program for a long time not just the past 5 years. Although, they have accomplished a lot. You have to agree with the turn around JC has had in the Jim Matney era, they went from went from bottom of the barrell to an exciting program. I meant to say one of the hottest teams in the mountain. Refer to #1.

3. Louisville Central was state champs, I don't know what I was thinking. It was late and again refer to #1.

4. Now if a mod will change the info to be correct, I'd appreciate so no one has a wedgie.
Johnson Central by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Jude and Hall will have a field day with the Bobcat defense. JC wins by 21.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Jude and Hall will have a field day with the Bobcat defense. JC wins by 21.
If JC can not show Breathitt that they can pass the ball with consistency, this may be a close game. Breathitt has shown the ability to shut down power running games, at least for a half...lol
Twitter: @tc_analytics

kyrifle Wrote:I think it's great you support your team and think your players are good, but to compare Jude to Fugate is like comparing a Corvett to a Chevy S10. Fugate is a man and Jude is still a boy. I think by the time Jude is a Sr. he will be a very good back, but I still don't see him coming close to Fugate.JMO.

great post my friend.....fugate is only 6'4 240 and jude is wat like 5'7 160.....they both have the same speed....who do you think would be better....im saying fugate by a long shot
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:even if he does get more yards than fugate...it still dosent mean hes a better player....defense and o-line come into play

fugate is way better than this jc kid.....he may be a good running back but channing fugate is one of the best in a long time
I got BC by 2 TDs
BC 2 TD's
Breathitt wins this game 21 to 16.
JC in this one
I wonder how much of Trent @ QB we will see this week? He got in for a few plays last week and 1 TD to Watkins at the end of the game. Sounded like he was managing the game well for the short time he was in.

I also heard that Channing got it from the wildcat formation a few times, I think this was at the end of the half. I wonder how much we will see this happen?

Basically how long will Haddix spend under center and how much will he be elsewhere?

Whats everyone think?
How is the kicking game for both of these teams? It may come down to a missed opportunity or something like that. I say Johnson Central 21-20.
i think that BC will win by 7, JC averages 5 fumbles a game