Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 15 Covington Catholic 8 (Frosh)
Overtime was needed.
tbatts33 Wrote:Overtime was needed.

I heard Collinsworth was hurt and carried off the field. Any word on how he is doing?
Heard he injured an ankle that he has injured before. May of had a growth plate in it and injured it again. Hope he has a good recovery.
Lets not forget Luke Turner a starting and key receiver went down early in the game and was carried off. He is also a very good Defensive back. Collinsworth was on both sides of the ball most of the night with an already tender ankle that he injured in the Ryle game.

Congrats to the Birds for pulling out the victory in Overtime over the Colonels.
I listened on CovCath internat radio and it sounded like it was a battle of good QB's. McCoy from Highlands and Birr (sp?) from Cov CAth. The future looks bright for bot of these teams.
qryche11 Wrote:Lets not forget Luke Turner a starting and key receiver went down early in the game and was carried off. He is also a very good Defensive back. Collinsworth was on both sides of the ball most of the night with an already tender ankle that he injured in the Ryle game.

Congrats to the Birds for pulling out the victory in Overtime over the Colonels.

Just heard that Turner has a fractured ankle and Collinsworth has a fractured knee cap and refractured his ankle. Sounds like it was a tough night for the boys. Best of luck in the rehab!
Wow, that really stinks for the Birds Frosh. They have a very talented team and now they are going to need some kids to step up. They have nice depth at the RB position so we shall see. They are now 2-2 on the year with tough losses to Lou. St.X by 1 pt and Ryle by a TD.
Theres alot of hype in the community for QB Blake Bir as he spends alot of time with the varsity squad and gets alot of reps at the JV level.
qryche11 Wrote:I listened on CovCath internat radio and it sounded like it was a battle of good QB's. McCoy from Highlands and Birr (sp?) from Cov CAth. The future looks bright for bot of these teams.

Actually I thought the night was more of a Defensive battle.
Sounds like a great game. I saw, and was very impressed with CCH last week. This sounds like a very evenly matched game.