Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers 13 - Titans 10 (OT)
Final! Overtime! Steelers' Troy Polamalu suffered a left knee injury in the first half and did not return

Congrats Pittsburg
Start Mewelde Moore or we wont have a hundred yard rushing day against anybody all year..Ben looked good, but the mighty Steelers have some work to do..Thank goodness for our defense, and its great to start off the season with a hard fought win like this!! WAY TO GO STEELERS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
**** of a way to kick off the season IMO.
Great win for the steelers, hate to see it end like this, NFL overtime rules need to be changed.
Only if the Titans would have made the one of the two FGs in the 1st half! There was nothing better seeing Ward fumble inside the 5, I hate the Steelers but I have to give credit were credit is due. Congrats Steelers!
Way to go Steelers!!! I know its a long time off but these 2 teams might very well meet again in January to see who goes to the Super Bowl. Just Heard on SportsCenter that Troy is out 3-6 weeks GET WELL SOON TROY! I agree with Hoss. Mewelde Moore needs to start at RB. I saw some holes that Willie couldve ran through but wouldnt. The D was lights out even without Troy in the lineup. This team has a mental toughness to it that reminds me alot of the '70s teams. Wouldnt you agree 'Hoss?
The running game was horrible. Parker did not run hard at all. Mendenhall looks scared or lost. Until Parker and Mendenhall get it together Moore needs the majority of the snaps. The Steeler defense and passing game looked though. Titans are going to be pretty good this year also. I can see these two teams playing each other again in January.
OT should allow each team at least 1 possession.
Anyone notice Vince Young listening to an ipod on the sidelines last night. Can anyone imagine a High School or College athlete getting away with that.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Way to go Steelers!!! I know its a long time off but these 2 teams might very well meet again in January to see who goes to the Super Bowl. Just Heard on SportsCenter that Troy is out 3-6 weeks GET WELL SOON TROY! I agree with Hoss. Mewelde Moore needs to start at RB. I saw some holes that Willie couldve ran through but wouldnt. The D was lights out even without Troy in the lineup. This team has a mental toughness to it that reminds me alot of the '70s teams. Wouldnt you agree 'Hoss?
I couldnt agree more my brother. That mental toughness carried us AGAIN..No Timmons. No Troy in the second half, and Lamarr was cramping all night, so they had to overcome a bunch on defense, but they just plugged people in and did what they needed to do. Casey Hampton played a super game on defense. Troy Polamalu played phenomenal that first half. He played with a vengeance, and he absolutely wanted to destroy that Tennessee offense, especially that punk Chris Johnson. On offense, Ben made his usual big plays, Santonio Holmes might be the best playmaker in the NFL. Hines Ward played a great game until that fumble. And I was happy with Mike Wallace too. I think they are going to throw to Heath Miller more too. I think he'll catch 70 balls this year....I loved how Hines planted that #22 in overtime. Hines was ****ed, lol..all in all, Im happy with the win, but it came at a huge cost. I REALLY hope Troy bounces back and is okay. He is one guy we cant afford to lose..and yeah, Im pretty adament that they start Moore at RB..He has much better field vision, he has better hands, and all around, he's twice the back Willie is..I dont want Big Ben throwing for 360 yards every week and scoring 13 points, lol..oh well, thank goodness we got a little payback. I feel relieved this morning, and Im looking forward to smacking Chicago and Jay Cutler in the mouth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:The running game was horrible. Parker did not run hard at all. Mendenhall looks scared or lost. Until Parker and Mendenhall get it together Moore needs the majority of the snaps. The Steeler defense and passing game looked though. Titans are going to be pretty good this year also. I can see these two teams playing each other again in January.
Mewelde Moore is a 1300 yard, 4.0 ypc, 50 catch back..Im telling you, he could be the biggest steal since Bettis in '96 on offense. He's twice the back either Willie OR Mendenhall is. Mendenhall is too darn timid. Willie ONLY has speed, which doesnt mean anything if you cant run between the tackles, or see holes that are opened up. I really like Moore..and I think Coach Tomlin does too..I look for him to get the majority of the snaps in the future..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:Only if the Titans would have made the one of the two FGs in the 1st half! There was nothing better seeing Ward fumble inside the 5, I hate the Steelers but I have to give credit were credit is due. Congrats Steelers!
Dude, Tennessee will be just fine. Dont worry. Theyll win 11 or 12 games. They mirror the Steelers, and Jeff Fisher is an outstanding coach. Im with HP though, these two teams might see each other again in January. Im tired of hearing about New England. Tennessee has the running game and the defense to hold their own against anybody theyll face. Pittsburgh has THE best defense this league has seen in 35 years, and thatll carry them..but I think Pittsburgh is the team to beat, with Tennessee and New England fighting it out for a close second.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Madden curse strikes again.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Madden curse strikes again.

I just realized that. Man that's crazy.
MVP2 Wrote:Only if the Titans would have made the one of the two FGs in the 1st half! There was nothing better seeing Ward fumble inside the 5, I hate the Steelers but I have to give credit were credit is due. Congrats Steelers!

You won't enjoy Hines doing that often, because last night was the 10th time in his career that he coughed up the ball, 6 which was not recovered by the Steelers, so there aren't many teams that get the ball from him. It's usually a given when he has the ball that's why he was so mad at himself.