Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton Ladycat Invitational Championship: Pikeville 56 Herald Whitaker 42
Pikeville played a really good game tonight. Rachel Smith started it off in the 1st with 16 points in the quarter and Rachel Potter finished the game off strong with 9 points in the 4th. They are a great combination. Rachel Potter sees the floor so well and Rachel Smith finishes well. The rest of the team played good defense and kept HWMS out of the lane until late in the game.

Score after each quarter:

1st: Pikeville 18 HWMS 9
2nd: Pikeville 25 HWMS 13
3rd: Pikeville 43 HWMS 20
4th: Pikeville 56 HWMS 42

For Pikeville:

Rachel Smith 27 points
Rachel Potter 21 points
Stacie Creech 6 points
Kassidi Caudill 2 points

For HWMS:

Jamie Castle 17 points
Madison Reed 16 points
Courtney Gullett 5 points
Mercedes Whitaker 2 points
Alyssa Kennard 2 points
Who was on your all tournament team and who got MVP?
oldfoggie13 would like to know who made all tournament
Angus Wrote:Who was on your all tournament team and who got MVP?

Because of pool play we decided not to do an all tournament team.

Rachel Smith was the MVP. Rachel Potter could have easily gotten it as well.
Pikeville has a very solid team. It would take a good effort from a good team to beat this Pikeville team. Dorton has the potential to do this.
When does Dorton and Pikeville play?
new o Wrote:Pikeville has a very solid team. It would take a good effort from a good team to beat this Pikeville team. Dorton has the potential to do this.
Pikeville does have a very good and it will be hard for anyone to beat them, but agree with NewO Dorton has the potential to beat Pikeville but they must improve on their defense, eliminate turnovers, (especially the silly passing) and everyone must contribute on the offensive end especially at the free throw line.
Monday night at Dorton
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Monday night at Dorton
Does Dorton have any games scheduled for the weekend, if not they probably need to or some extra practice to work on some of their defensive sets. With what I saw against MC they played hard but they let MC get to many shots or drives to the goal coming from the wings without anyone stopping the ball.
I can't wait to see the Dorton vs. Pikeville game! It will be intense!
[
Tatertot Wrote:I can't wait to see the Dorton vs. Pikeville game! It will be intense!
This should definately be a good game, hope that both teams are playing at the top of their game. Pikeville has looked pretty impressive but don't sleep on Dorton because they are more than capable of winning this one.Confusedhh:
Could have? Should have!! Who is making these decesions? You have to be blind. I know....Porter made the decesion because of the circumstances. It's allright everybody else knows coach....try to keep the peace.
An Observer Wrote:Could have? Should have!! Who is making these decesions? You have to be blind. I know....Porter made the decesion because of the circumstances. It's allright everybody else knows coach....try to keep the peace.

This doesn't even make sense. What are you talking about? What decisions? I think Porter is doing a wonderful job especially under the circumstances. It's tough to coach when CERTAIN parents are always breathing down your neck or stabbing you in the back. Support the coach and remember he is the coach for a reason. If you want a coaching job then maybe you should apply for a job yourself. Remember coach you can not please everyone, I quit trying a long time ago.
Coaching is hard and takes a lot of work. Pleasing everyone is impossible in coaching just as it is in life. He has coached a long time for a reason, he is a good coach and has a good team that does work well together. Everything will smooth out as the season goes on just like it has on every team and every year in coaching history for everybody. Stay focused on the roundball Panthers, ignore opinions because you ladies are the only ones that can control the game.
Parents often(not always) are the source of trouble on a team.If they would let the kids be a part of something instead of "the show" things would work out much better. Kids can get along but when they are told everyday by their parents that are the best and the coach is doing them wrong or you are better than your teammates the kid starts believing it.
new o Wrote:Parents often(not always) are the source of trouble on a team.If they would let the kids be a part of something instead of "the show" things would work out much better. Kids can get along but when they are told everyday by their parents that are the best and the coach is doing them wrong or you are better than your teammates the kid starts believing it.

Sounds like experience talking!!! Nicely said.
With Pikeville playing this well in the tournament and then losing to Dorton who know which Pikeville team will show up?

I think this Pike Co tournament will be closer than anyone thinks. I have saw several teams play this year and they all have their pros and cons. Dorton is tremendous, Pikeville looks tough, and lets not forget about Virgie and Elkhorn City.