Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grundy (VA) 26 East Ridge 0
Final

Terrible performance from the Warriors. ALOT of bad calls for both sides.

Congrats Wave
The game went as I expected. Too much Grundy tradition.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The game went as I expected. Too much Grundy tradition.

That Grundy tradition was 5 years ago.
The warriers run I believe 8 different offensive plays. They ran a power sweep with a man in motion(left and right side),counter off the fake sweep both sides,and shotgun with qb. doing the draw or some sort of slant. They can run the ball a little bit but need a different off. set or two to help change it up. No major shake up but a little something different.
East Ridge shot themselves in the foot many times. Grundy had 3 turnovers and East Ridge visited the Red Zone 5 times last night. Penalties killed them.
Beamerball Wrote:That Grundy tradition was 5 years ago.

At least they had one. East Ridge has had a tradition also. A tradition of losing. I bet the Elkhorn City people wished they had Jack Hall or Delano Thomas back.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:At least they had one. East Ridge has had a tradition also. A tradition of losing. I bet the Elkhorn City people wished they had Jack Hall or Delano Thomas back.

East Ridge is the newest school in this area and had very little at their feeder schools as far as football programs. Little League and a junior high team is a new thing and will pay off in the long run. It takes years to build tradition. East Ridge has been there less than 10 and you can't expect a school to be something to write home about in every sport. Grundy outplayed East Ridge last night, pure and simple. The Warriors cannot rush the ball straight up the middle.
ER made this closer than what I expected. Congrats to Grundy