Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Baseball
What teams are participating in a fall baseball schedule? I know of LC, Boyd, Ashland, Rowan, Greenup, and East Carter. Are other teams players getting in some time?
There is an NKY league that has approxiamtely 9 High Schools represented.
Northern KY baseball is so much more successful than East Ky. Here in Pikeville, once the seasons over, your done for a year.
If...Then Wrote:Northern KY baseball is so much more successful than East Ky. Here in Pikeville, once the seasons over, your done for a year.

Ain't that the truth.
If...Then Wrote:Northern KY baseball is so much more successful than East Ky. Here in Pikeville, once the seasons over, your done for a year.

Isn't there around ten teams playing at the sportsplex in Knott County?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Isn't there around ten teams playing at the sportsplex in Knott County?

10 teams does not sound bad at all, matches up with what NKY has
Benchwarmer Wrote:Isn't there around ten teams playing at the sportsplex in Knott County?

They might have started with around 10 teams, but i think there is only around 4 teams left due to no shows and other reasons.

There are 4 teams: Knott, Cordia, Prestonsburg, and Perry

Now I wouldn't say that son...

My son played for 5 weeks AFTER school went out. He played travel ball and we went to Ashland, Cincinnati, Tennessee (twice) and to Danville.... At least 3 if not 4 games every weekend... I'd say some kids in Eastern KY are still interested in ball AFTER the season ends!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Now I wouldn't say that son...

My son played for 5 weeks AFTER school went out. He played travel ball and we went to Ashland, Cincinnati, Tennessee (twice) and to Danville.... At least 3 if not 4 games every weekend... I'd say some kids in Eastern KY are still interested in ball AFTER the season ends!! Smile

Yep, that is very similar to summer ball for kids in NKY. Most all play in the Southwest Ohio League. The biggest league in the country with teams from the organizations like: Midland, Flames, Bluegrass and Colonels. These teams travel the Midwest playing in some of the most prestigious tournaments and showcase events in the country. Just like in Basketball, baseball players do not get recruited from High School play, it's their summer teams where they get recognized.
I believe Creech at Wolfe played around 45 to 50 games this summer and his dad said that he has played that many every summer since he was 11 years old. I think he plays on a travel team in Lexington.
phs1986 Wrote:Now I wouldn't say that son...

Play for the Bombers?
Campbell County is 3-0 thus far in fall ball, beating Lloyd, Boone County and Mason County.
I hear there is a baseball tourney at Pikeville College this weekend.
CleanupMan Wrote:I hear there is a baseball tourney at Pikeville College this weekend.

yea.. there was but it wasnt very sucessfull. rain.. i went to watch the Ashland vs. Greenup game and the game after. And realized that Ashland didnt match up to well to Greenup.. Ashland needs more pitching. There pitching is weak.. Greenup killed the ball.. :ChairHit:
Officer X Wrote:yea.. there was but it wasnt very sucessfull. rain.. i went to watch the Ashland vs. Greenup game and the game after. And realized that Ashland didnt match up to well to Greenup.. Ashland needs more pitching. There pitching is weak.. Greenup killed the ball.. :ChairHit:
Who looked good for GC?