Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Class 1A-6A Rankings (Aug. 25)
Class 1A
1. Beechwood
2. Lexington Christian
3. Frankfort
4. Mayfield
5. Crittenden County
6. Hazard
7. Williamsburg
8. Holy Cross (Lou.)
9. Raceland
10. Pikeville

Class 2A
1. Fort Campbell
2. Corbin
3. DeSales
4. Prestonsburg
5. Newport Central Catholic
6. Green County
7. Owensboro Catholic
8. Monroe County
9. Holy Cross (Cov.)
10. Murray

Class 3A
1. Breathitt County
2. Central (Lou.)
3. Mason County
4. Russell
5. Belfry
6. Union County
T. Sheldon Clark
8. Elizabethtown
9. North Oldham
10. Somerset

Class 4A
1. Boyle County
2. Bell County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Bullitt East
5. Marion County
6. North Bullitt
7. LaRue County
8. Franklin-Simpson
9. Allen County-Scottsville
10. Calloway County

Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. Bowling Green
3. John Hardin
4. Owensboro
5. Whitley County
6. Dixie Heights
T. Hopkinsville
8. Christian County
T. Johnson Central
10. Doss

Class 6A
1. Trinity (Lou.)
2. St. Xavier
3. Eastern
T. Male
5. Simon Kenton
6. DuPont Manual
7. Boone County
8. Bryan Station
9. Henry Clay
T. Conner

T= Tie
Looks good to me...Just think P-Burg should get more love since they beat Belfry..
I think that Christian County is too low in 5A and I don't think Belfry should be no lower than #4 in 3A.

Other than that it looks pretty solid.
I think sometime around week 5 or 6 these polls should look about right. But they are very solid right now.
wow johnson central falls out of top ten based on a loss to #1 boyle county team that was a shock and thats ok the eagles and tomcats will both be in these rankings soon
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:wow johnson central falls out of top ten based on a loss to #1 boyle county team that was a shock and thats ok the eagles and tomcats will both be in these rankings soon

Your post just made me go take a gander and I must have overlooked JC when I was adding up the total points. JC actually tied with Christian County for #8.

BTW, Ashland missed the top 10 by two votes and Letcher Central missed the top 10 by a vote.
although Union had a loss to mater dei, Mater dei is highly underestimated as a team right now and we were out our running back who had over 2000 yards, we still held them to 14 points. dont see how russell or belfry had a better game to be honest, but things should even out after this week.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Your post just made me go take a gander and I must have overlooked JC when I was adding up the total points. JC actually tied with Christian County for #8.

BTW, Ashland missed the top 10 by two votes and Letcher Central missed the top 10 by a vote.

yeah i didnt really think that seemed correct boyle county would do that to just about any team in the state
Looks great! how close was the points between John Hardin and Owensboro? the AP poll had the two teams swapped with a 30 point difference.
Dawg Pound Wrote:Looks great! how close was the points between John Hardin and Owensboro? the AP poll had the two teams swapped with a 30 point difference.

6-point difference.
Christian County's rank is about right. Their performance last week vs. Bowling Green was a lackluster effort.

It will be very interesting to see how they rebound against a quality Franklin (TN) team this week.
Week 2's rankings will be released around 10 pm tonight.
I didnt even notice until now you guys had Marion Co ranked 5th in 4A and Bell Co just beat them. I guess thats more impressive now! LOL..