Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 54 - Paintsville 20
LC 54
Paintsville 20

Nice games by several young players.

Radio gave total offense of 603 yards for LC. Reminds me of the old days. Now if this holds when we get to the district and beyond.:please:
What a great way for the Dawgs to start the season.
Just got back from the game, the whole team looked awesome, everyone did their job and that's what mattered. This is a new Lawrence County team with attitude, and boy can they run the ball. I think over 600 yds total offense,and 350 yds rushing on the ground.They have a lot of weapons to choose from maybe 3 or 4 guys that carried the ball tonight with power and speed. Very good ball club, go dawgs. Lance Clay had a 88 yd kick return for a td in the 4th quarter, and remember this name Caleb Bentley only a freshman stud.
Congrats bulldogs!
One word for LC in this game--- Impressive!
Good luck this season LC, looks like things are getting back on track.
i thought the dawgs looked very impressive tonight on the ground! We have at least 4 to 5 good backs with excellent speed and power, and just like lcgrad said everybody is going to know caleb bentleys name! only a freshman, shane pack played outstanding! hunter james,blake bradley, and turner o'brian looked really good also, but one thing i jusyt dont understand is why lance clay doesnt play more, he touched the ball maybe 5 times and had 2 td's and 3 nice run's, but overall very impressive
Nice win for LC
I'd say if Lance keeps playing the way he did tonight he'll see the ball. When you get 170 yards on 2 touches you can play.
LC did a great job as a team tonight. They all played great. Caleb bently and Lance clay are going to be hard to handle for years to come. The Lance kid is small but his vision and speed make up for it.
Like the guys have already said, remember the name Caleb Bentley. He is a stud at RB. Hunter James played one heck of a game, very hard nosed and knows how to use his blocks. Shane Pack just runs over ppl like they are no one there. He was impressive as well. Turner O'brian looked good carrying the ball. Lance Clay realllly impressed me tonight. I'm trying to remember everyone's name that played well but I'd have to know almost everyone on the team. I'm going to give the line some big credit on opening up the running lanes.. the line played great. Some many names to mention I forgot them but good win for the dawgs and hopes it will carry over to the SC game in 2 weeks. Good luck dawgs!!!!!:rockon:
Be able to tell more after the Sheldon Clark game but no matter what this was a good win that could springboard them just from the confidence they've gained alone.
congrats LC!!
CatDawg Wrote:Be able to tell more after the Sheldon Clark game but no matter what this was a good win that could springboard them just from the confidence they've gained alone.

I agree 100%!!! :Thumbs:
Will Lawrence County return to the glory days or is this a win against a bad team.
Maybe both.
I pull for any team who had such a hard luck season as Lawrence did last year. They were the best winless team I've ever seen. Congratulations on getting the first of many wins this season. I can hope you win them all this year because Russell is thankfully off your schedule. :-) Good job, though.
I told people last week, after the LC/Pburg scrimmage, that LC would smash Paintsville. This will be a good year for LC. Good luck on the rest of the year. The more Mountain teams that do well, the better it is for all of us.
Here are some stats

Shane Pack 9 carries for 125 yards and 3 TDS
Caleb Bentley 4 carries for 78 yards
Hunter James 7 carries for 63 yards 1TD
Turner Obrian 2 carries for 71 yards 1 TD
Blake Bradley 3 carries for 8 yards and 1 TD
Lance Clay 3 carries for 100 Yards and 1 TD
Also Lance had a 82 yard Kick off Return for a TD
Jacob Marcum 4 carries for 25 yards

As a team LC was 32 carries for 470 yards.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Paintsville is not any good PCC a team that scored 6 points tonight scored 50 on them in a scrimmage with only a few plays in.
Lawrence County is going to be good this season! They will be in the mix for the #1 seed this season in their district.

Congrats Bulldogs!
Paintsville might end up being better that people think. Doderer and Brown can both score from long distance and they have players who will mature and get better as the year goes on. They stand a good shot at winning their district.
Watching this game tonight just gave me goosebumps, reminding me of the golry days of LC football... Can't wait to see what we can do the rest of the season, and can't wait to see #1 put on some pads
Go Dawgs
Congrats LC
congrats to lc
good job dawgs.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Will Lawrence County return to the glory days or is this a win against a bad team.

Thats a really good question! I think we will find out in 2 weeks when sheldon clark comes to louisa!
LC just beat an average 1A footbal team with no problem. I would wait to see how they match up with schools in ther district and size before the glory days talk starts.
Congrats LC
Well we are off a week until the SC game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Triple Crown Wrote:Watching this game tonight just gave me goosebumps, reminding me of the golry days of LC football... Can't wait to see what we can do the rest of the season, and can't wait to see #1 put on some pads
Go Dawgs

Yea #1 should be fun to watch from what I hear.