Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Football
Any thoughts about the Wildcats? How do you think they will be this year? They have many returning players and Keyplayers and i think they will be hard to stop this year? Thoughts?
i think they will win a minimum of eight games. they have a slight chance of being in bowling green at seasons end. the only teams i think that are capable of beating them are bath and p-burg. now corbin is good but this team is hungry and they will hit you.
I agree with you Central Fan, But i think Talent wise that Valley has way more talent then Pburg, but it is also a very big Rivarly and anything can happen in big games like that, I cant wait to see the Wildcats play and i wish them the best of luck, Anyone know any Keyplayers that Returned?
for p-burg im not sure

for valley dillon hughes, varney, tanner tackett, bj roberts, donavon hamilton (out right now due to an injury), the 2 norman kids, tyler boyd,colton bently, nick elswick, kyle hall..................they are loaded
Yea ive heard they where stacked, Is donavon hamilton going to be able to play? i hope he does he is a good boy and its his senior year, i would hate it for him if hes out for the year, I have heard that Tanner tackett and bj roberts are being looked at from alot of colleges, is this true? i wish them the best of luck.
Valley might be lucky too go 6-5 again. I wish them the best of luck.
Real Badman Wrote:Valley might be lucky too go 6-5 again. I wish them the best of luck.

I must say i Disagree with you there, Valley will Easily win 8 games, and if they play their best who knows, they could go undefeated, im not trying to give SV the big head but they have the Talent and coaching staff to go far, im very excited to see them play and im sure they will do the best they can. Hope to see them at Bowling green
Hmmm...I dont see Shelby Valley beating Pike Central. Espically with there new coach barley having anytime too get things ready, while Champman at PCC had atleast 2 more months I believe too get things ready. I believe they got Tug Valley and Knott Central as wins. I dont see them beating Lawrence County. Bath and Leslie Counties are toss up games I believe. I dont know anything about Clintwood so I cant comment on that. I see them beating Morgan County, Losing too P-burg. And a toss-up aganist East Ridge. so I am seeing somewhere from 4-7 wins this season for the wildcats
3Altor5 Wrote:I must say i Disagree with you there, Valley will Easily win 8 games, and if they play their best who knows, they could go undefeated, im not trying to give SV the big head but they have the Talent and coaching staff to go far, im very excited to see them play and im sure they will do the best they can. Hope to see them at Bowling green

me and you are on the same page...lol

idk about hte colleges that are looking at bj and tanner.....and im sure donnavon will at the most be out the next three weeks. but im not sure on that one.
Shelby Valley just got done beating a Respected 4a School lol (Boyd County), We'll see in 2 weeks Wink, i pick Valley over Central 21-7
valley-36
central-14
Real Badman Wrote:Hmmm...I dont see Shelby Valley beating Pike Central. Espically with there new coach barley having anytime too get things ready, while Champman at PCC had atleast 2 more months I believe too get things ready. I believe they got Tug Valley and Knott Central as wins. I dont see them beating Lawrence County. Bath and Leslie Counties are toss up games I believe. I dont know anything about Clintwood so I cant comment on that. I see them beating Morgan County, Losing too P-burg. And a toss-up aganist East Ridge. so I am seeing somewhere from 4-7 wins this season for the wildcats

Comparing this year to last year, at appears Shelby Valley softened up the non-district schedule. Although having Clintwood (VA) take the place of Appalachia was a significant upgrade, the in-state competition is much more manageable. In essence, they replaced Belfry, Breathitt Co., and Knox Central with Pike Central, Leslie Co., and Lawrence Co. (which is not necessarily a bad thing for a team trying to learn a new coach's system).

Here's how I see their schedule this year:

Pike Central (@ PCB) - tossup
@ Tug Valley - should win
Knott Central - should win
@ Lawrence Co. - tossup
@ Bath Co. - tossup
Leslie Co. - likely win
Clintwood - should lose
Morgan Co. - should win
@ Prestonsburg - should lose
East Ridge - likely win

I see at least 5 wins and at least 2 losses, with 3 tossups. So, their final record should be somewhere between 5-5 and 8-2.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3Altor5 Wrote:I agree with you Central Fan, But i think Talent wise that Valley has way more talent then Pburg, but it is also a very big Rivarly and anything can happen in big games like that, I cant wait to see the Wildcats play and i wish them the best of luck, Anyone know any Keyplayers that Returned?

Saying that Valley has "way more talent" than Prestonsburg just does not wash. The Blackcats have not lost to SV in several years, and will be heavily favored to continue the streak this year as well.

Although Valley certainly had Prestonsburg on the ropes last year and probably should have won, that does not change the fact that it is still P-Burg's district to lose, until SV or Bath County can prove otherwise.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I cant wait to watch the Hawks get all over SV in this one.
PC 28
SV 12
I see Valley getting bout 6 or 7 wins
More Cowbell Wrote:Saying that Valley has "way more talent" than Prestonsburg just does not wash. The Blackcats have not lost to SV in several years, and will be heavily favored to continue the streak this year as well.

Although Valley certainly had Prestonsburg on the ropes last year and probably should have won, that does not change the fact that it is still P-Burg's district to lose, until SV or Bath County can prove otherwise.

Well i agree with you on some notes, but also i still must say SV has way more Talent, Considering Pburg lost 10 out of 11 Starters. And considering SV has there Keyplayers in return, I honestly think that SV "could" defeat pburg easily. But it also comes down to who wants the win the most. Goodluck to both teams and come out strong and we'll see who comes out with the Win at the End.!
Real Badman Wrote:Hmmm...I dont see Shelby Valley beating Pike Central. Espically with there new coach barley having anytime too get things ready, while Champman at PCC had atleast 2 more months I believe too get things ready. I believe they got Tug Valley and Knott Central as wins. I dont see them beating Lawrence County. Bath and Leslie Counties are toss up games I believe. I dont know anything about Clintwood so I cant comment on that. I see them beating Morgan County, Losing too P-burg. And a toss-up aganist East Ridge. so I am seeing somewhere from 4-7 wins this season for the wildcats

You have East Ridge and Valley as a toss up. That says alot about your credability. Ill take Valley with atleast 7 wins maybe 8 and number 1 in district play.
blue60 Wrote:You have East Ridge and Valley as a toss up. That says alot about your credability. Ill take Valley with atleast 7 wins maybe 8 and number 1 in district play.

You dont know me so dont judge me. If you realize Shelby Valley and East Ridge have played good close games when someone sticks around East Ridge for more then a year. Its not cause Valley has more talent then East Ridge cause that just stupid too say. East Ridge now has a coach willing too stay around If you think about it Valley has not had a a monstrous lead aganist East Ridge with a 2nd year coach on the staff. Call me crazy or was 07 Bobby Branhams first year as the warrior coach and 08 Brad Allens first year? That game will be closer then most expect this year. Dont take East Ridge lightly.
How did they look in their scrimmage the other night?
Real Badman Wrote:You dont know me so dont judge me. If you realize Shelby Valley and East Ridge have played good close games when someone sticks around East Ridge for more then a year. Its not cause Valley has more talent then East Ridge cause that just stupid too say. East Ridge now has a coach willing too stay around If you think about it Valley has not had a a monstrous lead aganist East Ridge with a 2nd year coach on the staff. Call me crazy or was 07 Bobby Branhams first year as the warrior coach and 08 Brad Allens first year? That game will be closer then most expect this year. Dont take East Ridge lightly.

Its not Saunders so maybe Valley wil let up on the East Ridge I mean Saunders would try to make it ugly but I dont see this one being close .Valley is loaded .
blue60 Wrote:Its not Saunders so maybe Valley wil let up on the East Ridge I mean Saunders would try to make it ugly but I dont see this one being close .Valley is loaded .

I agree 100% Blue, Coach Norman Seems to be a very good guy and seems like he would have alot of class. Does anyone have any Predictions on Valley vs. Pburg? Im going to have to pull on Valley here because of the Talent but it could go both ways Easily. Im saying Valley 14-8
Real Badman Wrote:You dont know me so dont judge me. If you realize Shelby Valley and East Ridge have played good close games when someone sticks around East Ridge for more then a year. Its not cause Valley has more talent then East Ridge cause that just stupid too say. East Ridge now has a coach willing too stay around If you think about it Valley has not had a a monstrous lead aganist East Ridge with a 2nd year coach on the staff. Call me crazy or was 07 Bobby Branhams first year as the warrior coach and 08 Brad Allens first year? That game will be closer then most expect this year. Dont take East Ridge lightly.

0-10 is 0-10 regardless it doesnt matter if the jr high cheerleading coach, coaches them half the season.

and its not stupid to say valley has more talent its a FACT. nothing against er but they WILL NOT beat valley this year.
Also you obviously do not know blue60 he is a very knowledgable man when it comes to football and to say he said something stupid is obserd.
i say valley will win by 30 plus points, depending on how big of a heart norman has if he wants to it will be in the 60s he may pull a saunders and put up 79.:thanks:
er 40
sv 6
3Altor5 Wrote:I agree 100% Blue, Coach Norman Seems to be a very good guy and seems like he would have alot of class. Does anyone have any Predictions on Valley vs. Pburg? Im going to have to pull on Valley here because of the Talent but it could go both ways Easily. Im saying Valley 14-8

I would say Valey 21 -6.
the p-burg game is a toss up.
either valley 22-16 or p-burg 32-28...imo
p burg by how many ever they feel like scoring. better yet they should put the 3rd string in the first half and at half the score would be 30 6

One of those two months Chapman should have been dead period. Which should put both coaches with the close to the same amount of time with each team. Think Valley has to much talent foe PC.
that camp they had brought them together very well
Agreed, It brung them ALL closer as a family, and thats what you need for your team to reach their max potential.
central fan Wrote:0-10 is 0-10 regardless it doesnt matter if the jr high cheerleading coach, coaches them half the season.

and its not stupid to say valley has more talent its a FACT. nothing against er but they WILL NOT beat valley this year.
Also you obviously do not know blue60 he is a very knowledgable man when it comes to football and to say he said something stupid is obserd.
i say valley will win by 30 plus points, depending on how big of a heart norman has if he wants to it will be in the 60s he may pull a saunders and put up 79.:thanks:

1)East Ridge didnt go 0-10
2)I never said East Ridge would beat Valley
3)East Ridge does have the same amout of talent as SV. Why? If we all had access too the fime from the PCB last year you could tell who would win Indv. positions between the two schools. Would East Ridge win every position battle? No! Will Shelby Valley? No!
4)I may not know "blue60" and he may be a knowledable man, but so am I, (and so are the ER coaches) I know my football.

Im not going to explain myself anymore too you "valley fans" I think I did enough civil reasoning to explain myself. But FYI theres absloutly no way Terry Morgan will let anyone put 60 on him.