Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Doug Howard of Belfry
going to college?
That apparently still is to be determined!!
Nice to have you on the board TF!! I think Howard is a D-1 player. He was the best RB i saw this year. He looked better than Jones when I saw the Pirates play. Of course Jones will be a DB in college.
I am a huge fan of Belfry and wish the best for Doug he has his heart sat on Marshall and they have shown interest but no offers. H will go somewere and were ever he goes he will be a great asset to the team he plays on. He is a very good player and has very good character and will work his tail off.
I would like to see him go to Marshall. So hopefully he will get an offer. But if they don't offer a scholly, then I hope he don't try to walk-on for them, because he deserves to have his school paid for.
AMEN crazytaxidriver, the worst thing he could do is walk-on, that should be a last resort.
I see familiar faces or names on here. Thats nice.

I'll keep you guys informed on wherever he decides to go. Big Grin
Hey HG, welcome to the board. This is BelfryPride (aka Piratefanatic) Thanks for keeping us informed about Doug.
Doug Howard was IMO the reason Belfry won another state title, without him they would not have even won the district. He is a soldier and any D1 school that says he is "too small" or "not fast enough" needs to be kicked in the face a few good times. Hopefully he will ultimately end up at WKU. :wink:
A personal contact from Doug or his parents to the schools he would consider attending along with game videos to showcase his talents would go along way and follow up. Recruiting is not usually done by Head Coaches though he does have final say. Interest in the school will generate interest in Doug. I am sure all this is being done. Also, do not put all of Doug's eggs in one basket. Go after at least 3 schools hard with regular contact with the Recruiters as they are very active right now. Doug's advisors must pursue vigorously. The same as Doug plays the game... Best of luck...
I'm still hoping for Marshall !!!
MEDICINEMAN Wrote:A personal contact from Doug or his parents to the schools he would consider attending along with game videos to showcase his talents would go along way and follow up. Recruiting is not usually done by Head Coaches though he does have final say. Interest in the school will generate interest in Doug. I am sure all this is being done. Also, do not put all of Doug's eggs in one basket. Go after at least 3 schools hard with regular contact with the Recruiters as they are very active right now. Doug's advisors must pursue vigorously. The same as Doug plays the game... Best of luck...

Very good advice.
Good luck to him, Im sure he will be an asset were ever he's going to go.
From my understanding they have sent videos and stuff out to the colleges and been in contact. Im sure werever he ends up he will be a huge sucess cause he is just that kind of guy. Werever he goes me along with a few Belfry fans, prolly alot will have to load up and go cheer him on at the next level.
Pikeville College...I am not joking.......Pikeville college
This saddens me mania.
He's not going to Pikeville College, unless they are the only school that offers him anything.

Odds are strong that he will be at Georgetwon before he goes to Pikeville.
Good pickup for the Bears!!! -- if it is true....
HappyGilmore Wrote:He's not going to Pikeville College, unless they are the only school that offers him anything.

Odds are strong that he will be at Georgetwon before he goes to Pikeville.

he signs sunday...from what i hear
Ive heard this too........and not much to my dismay brcause if you look at it like this then u would see that howard would probably have a solid starting slot....whereas if he went to anywhere else they wuld judge him by his size...not his skill
I Have heard from many sources that he is going to UK to play corner

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:59 am:

Sorry, my last post was inccorect. I was Thinking of jones.
If Marshall will offer Doug some sort of scholorship then he will go there. Thats where he wants to go. But if Marshall doesn't offer anything then he'll go to Pikeville Collage where he can go for free.
Do not believe everything you hear.

But believe this.....I will know where he is going before any of you.

So please don't speak before you know factual information.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Do not believe everything you hear.

But believe this.....I will know where he is going before any of you.

So please don't speak before you know factual information.

PDT_003
All I know is what he told me
Coach Wrote:All I know is what he told me

Which is.........??????
I don't exactly know who i hearrd this from...al i know is they played ffotbALL with doug last year.....I also know that coach minett said he expects doug to sign sunday........but...i guess we will have to wait for happys info......
LOL panthermania, I think you need to stay away from the computer when you've had to much of that sweet sauce to drink.
Happy would know before anybody else on this sight or any coach or anybody besides his dad and mom. He would be great for Pikeville COllege but I believe he can do more than that. But i just hope what ever decision Doug makes that it makes him happy. But Ill believe were he is going when Happy says so.
gish Wrote:LOL panthermania, I think you need to stay away from the computer when you've had to much of that sweet sauce to drink.

LOL