Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor?
Heard MCA closed today.
I just checked there website, and it doesn't mention it... I heard a few months ago that it was supposed to close, but I believe I saw where there bball coach posted in a thread on here and he said that they would be open this year.
Steve Slone said they are closed(well he posted it on facebook). hope some of those kids come to Allen.
All plans were to open the school this year. BUT unfortunately due to the tough economic times that our area is facing some hard decisions had to be made concerning Mountain Christian Academy. I'm a member of the board at MCA and the school hasn't officially closed. We have another emergency board meeting scheduled for Saturday and the decision could be made at that time to close the school. We have worked tirelessly trying to secure the funding to keep the school going but unfortunately that hasn't been done yet.
I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the way MCA has been treated since I have been on the hill with my kids. This is a life changing event for every child, parent and faculty member that is a part of the MCA family. If this does take place I'm sure the kids and myself will find a new home and continue doing what we love to do. I'm very passionate about helping any kid that wants to be involved in athletics and I will continue to help each and every child that I can.

GOD BLESS and keep the MCA family in your prayers.

Coach Jack Jarrell
good luck coach and the students!
I hope they don't close the door on MCA,:
So coach where are the kids going since school does start tommorrow?
Matt Kidd and Matthew Ison enrolled at Wesley Christian, Ian Hall is still undecided, I spoke with Zac Halls mother and she said she was enrolling him at AC, Not sure on Cory Thornsbury but I also heard AC. I would like to wish all these young men the best of luck it was a privilidge coaching them this past summer during AAU ball.
As far as my family goes I have enrolled my girls at Wesley Christian School and look forward to being around my former players. Met the dean at Wesley and was very impressed, he seems like a wonderful man and very knowledgable about the game of basketball.
Well this definitely shook up Floyd Co. sports. Allen Central (if the players that havent decided, or the ones you weren't sure about, do end up there) will be a pretty good team. And Wesley picked up some fine players also.
Alot of changes happened in this off season for sports in Floyd County. Should be an interesting year to say the least.
this does change floyd county basketball allen central will definitely be good with jr handshoe and corey thornsberry wow that is a good little man and big man combo and matt ison and matt kidd will definitely help wesley and wherever ian hall ends up he will help his team but where r all the other kids from mca going?
Hope the kid get great opportunity to play sports at the other school.