Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow is the BIG day
Well guys tomrorow is the BIG day for my dad, he has surgery in the morning. He has to be at the hospital at 6 am....I am leaving at 4:30 in the morning to be there before he goes back...the doctor said the surgery will last 4 1/2 to 5 hours its according, so dad was nervous today and this is the 1st time ive saw dad nervous about surgery b.c he has had a bunch of surgeries.....IN 1979 he broke his leg by picking up a fumble and running for a TD and got a helmet to the knee, and he had about 15 surgeries on that and finally they put a plastic knee in.....and he had a 750 pound pipe drop on his foot and crush it he was running a crane at the time and got off to do something and the chain broke and it crushed his foot and he had to have his little toe amputated, and this past yr he got a peice of metal in his eye and about put it out and had to have immediate eye surgery at UK.....and now this.....DAD has been throuhg alot in his life so I would like for everyone to pray for him, and my family.....You all are like my 2nd family so every thought and prayer would be nice....
But Ill update you all tomorrow night cause i have to come home and work friday....BUT goodngiht all and ill let ya know how he is doing tomorrow...
I'll be prayin for him buddy..
Will do if you need anythign give us a yell. Where's he having the surgery?
You guys are in our prayers my friend.....
he will be in my prayers ole buddy
ST JOES in lexington
He's in our prayers.

Best of wishes to him and your family buddy.
Ya, I will pray for him tonight. You need anything man just call
I'll be praying!!
I will be praying for him
He and your family are in our prayers. We will also pray for him at our church. Gob bless and may God touch your dad with a healing hand.
Any word on how he is doing and how the surgery went? I'm supposed to have back surgery and am really dreading it. My heart goes out to him. Keep us up to date.
Well I am back everyone....the surgery went GREAT better than the doctor expected. He went in at 9 am this morning and got out at 1.30...he finally got in his room at 430 and he was in some pain but not as bad as I thought....as soon as they brought him in the room he wanted to sit up on the side of the bed and the nurses coudlnt beleive what he was doing already...Dad sure is a tough one...But thanks everyone for the prayers and things and now its just gonna be the getting better part....But crossbones who is your doctor or do you have one in mind....I could get you the info on dads doctor bc he is really good......he does back surgeries everyday of his life so he knows what he is doing.....just let me know and ill be more than glad to help ya out buddy
Glad to hear that everything went so well. That is great news.
So glad to hear your dad done great with the surgery. Dr. Phillip Tibbs is the one we requested. I hurt my back three years ago working in the mines. I herniated two disk at the same time with a nerve penched at the L5 level. It ain't no fun, I can tell you that. I've had a bad time with comp. approving anything. God is still good and will carry me through anything.:thumb:
Great news. Hope he's doing better.
Glad everything went ok......
CROSS BONES dads doctor is RAVEN if im not mistaken.....But yea his was level 4 and 5 and a pinched nerve going to his leg IF im not mistaken both doctors work together
Raven is a great doctor from what I have heard. I guy I go to church with had back surgery and Raven did it. He only had good things to say about him.
Glad to hear that everything went alright with your dad. My prayers will be for a quick and healthy recovery period.
Yep dad is home everyone....he just had surgery thursday and home sunday, he said hes in some pain but not alot which is normal and he gets to take the bandage off thursday so I can see the cut....But hes doing good tho, thank goodness
THANKS EVERYONE for praying it helps out
Good news thats great.
football... i was going to ask a few days ago but didn't get around to it.. but how is your dad doing now?? Can he get around good and everything and is most of his pain gone?
Hope he is feeling better ole buddy, if you need anything just holler.