Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marshall offers Holmes R. Johnson
One night after being offered by Ohio, the Marshall Thundering Herd became the third school to offer Rico a scholarship.[URL="http://kentuckyhighschoolpreps.blogspot.com/2009/07/johnson-picks-up-another-offer.html"]
[/URL]
Pretty cool
Pretty cool
This is great.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
As someone said in the other theard, this is just one more to more to come to Johnson.
I think I may have said this in the Ohio U thread, but expect Rico to receive another offer within the next two or three weeks from Akron.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think I may have said this in the Ohio U thread, but expect Rico to receive another offer within the next two or three weeks from Akron.

So the MAC is making a pretty heavy bid for his services?
Stardust Wrote:So the MAC is making a pretty heavy bid for his services?

As far as I know, yes. When Ohio offered, Marshall jumped on it as well. None want to lose out on him to the other.

I expect him to receive a few more offers from the MAC. I know Wright St, Akron, and Kent St have been interested in him and JJ for quite some time but haven't pursued as hard as some of the other schools Rico mentions when asked about who he's talking to. Ric told me he'll keep me updated if any new offers come in.

When I hear from him, I'll post on my blog and let you guys know.
Is WKU not pursuing him?

Congrats on the offer, but I'd much rather see Ricardo stay in-state at WKU.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Is WKU not pursuing him?

Congrats on the offer, but I'd much rather see Ricardo stay in-state at WKU.

I know they were interested but not sure where they stand now. He hasn't mentioned them when I've talked to him.
WKU usually pursues in-state talent during the latter part of the high school basketball season, but I've got a feeling if they attempt to do this with Ricardo, he won't be on the market anymore.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:WKU usually pursues in-state talent during the latter part of the high school basketball season, but I've got a feeling if they attempt to do this with Ricardo, he won't be on the market anymore.

I recently did a Q&A with Ric on my blog....he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his school season is over.[url=http://kentuckyhighschoolpreps.blogspot.com/2009/07/q-ricardo-johnson.html][/url]
There will be a long line at his door. I really look forward to seeing who he chooses when it's all said and done. I think that he will be an asset to any team he picks.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I recently did a Q&A with Ric on my blog....he doesn't plan on committing until AFTER his school season is over.[url=http://kentuckyhighschoolpreps.blogspot.com/2009/07/q-ricardo-johnson.html][/url]

That's good to hear.

I really hope that Ricardo makes the best decision for himself and family.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's good to hear.

I really hope that Ricardo makes the best decision for himself and family.

I'd really like to see him and JJ end up at the same program, but as far as I know they haven't really considered it.

I also think Rico will end up at a high major program while JJ will likely end up at a mid major.

Either way, I know their mother will be very proud of both of her sons. They are both great STUDENT-athletes.
kywldcat01 - you are a tremendous addition to the site. Great job and I hope you can continue to help me promote to others in NKY :Thumbs:
Glad to see that Ricardo is getting some recognition. I'm sure Pittman and J. Johnson will pick up offers like this as well.

Congrats and good luck to Ricardo with whatever decision he makes!
Stardust Wrote:kywldcat01 - you are a tremendous addition to the site. Great job and I hope you can continue to help me promote to others in NKY :Thumbs:

:Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:One night after being offered by Ohio, the Marshall Thundering Herd became the third school to offer Rico a scholarship.

If you are going to rip stuff off my site at least get it right. You have to read the time stamps... It was not one night after. The first post just occurred after midnight friday night, so it looked that way on my blog.
nkysportsblog Wrote:If you are going to rip stuff off my site at least get it right. You have to read the time stamps... It was not one night after. The first post just occurred after midnight friday night, so it looked that way on my blog.

Confusedhh: I knew I had read information very similiar to what this person was posting as his own, but I couldn't remember where. I almost went as far as emailing him/her and letting him known it's illegal to claim someone elses information as your own, though i couldn't remember, until now, where I had seen all of this almost word for word.

Anyways, good for Ricardo!
nkysportsblog Wrote:If you are going to rip stuff off my site at least get it right. You have to read the time stamps... It was not one night after. The first post just occurred after midnight friday night, so it looked that way on my blog.

Since you seem to be following my blog, you may want to check the page...it actually says:

After receiving an offer from Ohio U Friday night, Holmes' Ricardo Johnson has received another offer from the Marshall Thundering Herd. Rico confirmed this in a phone call earlier tonight.

Never did I say the phone call was to me or anything like that...your shots are quite comical though.
OinkOink Wrote:Confusedhh: I knew I had read information very similiar to what this person was posting as his own, but I couldn't remember where. I almost went as far as emailing him/her and letting him known it's illegal to claim someone elses information as your own, though i couldn't remember, until now, where I had seen all of this almost word for word.

Anyways, good for Ricardo!

I thought this board was for High School Basketball, not personal attacks. To be honest you come off some what childish trying to discredit Kywildcat:. He is an informed poster who has giving a lot of insight on this board. Keep up the good work KYwildcat some people on this site enjoy your work.
tezzy859 Wrote:I thought this board was for High School Basketball, not personal attacks. To be honest you come off some what childish trying to discredit Kywildcat:. He is an informed poster who has giving a lot of insight on this board. Keep up the good work KYwildcat some people on this site enjoy your work.

lol i believe a name he used on bgp was tezzy something or another, as well as kwldcat01, and a couple fo others. So how do I know this is not just another game?

It is not a personal attack at all. I just think it is sad that he is using others information.
This seems way off topic. Take it to PM's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kywldcat01 Wrote:Since you seem to be following my blog, you may want to check the page...it actually says:

After receiving an offer from Ohio U Friday night, Holmes' Ricardo Johnson has received another offer from the Marshall Thundering Herd. Rico confirmed this in a phone call earlier tonight.

Never did I say the phone call was to me or anything like that...your shots are quite comical though.

I was talkin about your first post that said one night later. I could see where just looking at the date could confuse you but if you are going to be that specific you need to look closer first and check timestamps. I'm just trying to help.

And I guess your comment on Ryan Ernst's blog about talking to akron's coach didn't mean that you actually talked to him.
Any discussion about these blogs and going back and forth really does need to be taken to private messages. Greatly appreciated guys.