Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcats launch 'singing' billboards
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090...billboards

LEXINGTON, Ky. - If you've driven Kentucky's highways, you might have seen the University of Kentucky's football marketing campaigns on billboards all across the commonwealth.

Now UK wants you to hear its football enthusiasm.

The university has launched a "singing" billboard campaign that will allow passers by to hear the Wildcats' fight song when they drive or walk near a billboard with a radio tuned to a specific station. A radio transmitter on the boards allows the song to be heard up to a mile away.

In Louisville, the fight song plays on 1640-AM. In Lexington, it's on 1630-AM.

UK has used a statewide billboard campaign before, but adding audio is a new touch.

"The visuals were great, but nothing gets the juices flowing for football like the fight song," UK assistant athletics director Jason Schlafer said in a university release.

The billboards in the current campaign each feature a line from the UK fight song.

In conjunction with the new billboards, the school also is running a contest. The first three fans who use flickr.com to post cell phone or digital camera photos of all nine billboards from around the state will win football tickets.

First prize is two season tickets plus a parking pass. The second-place winner gets two tickets and parking for the season-opening Miami game in Cincinnati. The third-place winner gets two tickets to the UK-Alabama game in Lexington.

Details of the contest are at http://www.ukfightsong.com.
This is awesome. And it's amazing at what technology can do.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
That is seriously a cool idea. I don't know how much it will be used since they are AM stations but it's a neat idea nevertheless. Funny that they have them in Louisville too. Hopefully UK fans know which station to tune it to and use the idea each time they drive past. First time that I've ever heard of anything like this and I'm really loving it.
This is the first time I have ever heard of anything like this as well tribe.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
well ill be taking a trip through the bluegrass now lol
Pretty Sweet!
I listened to it the other day when I was in Lexington. Pretty neat idea, but might be a waste of money because they didn't do a very good job advertising it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]