Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thanks
I just wanted to say for all the ashland fans to the tomcats and other teams. Thank you for a good season and to the tomcats I loved watching you more then last year. sad to see it end so soon but the best have to end sooner or later good 05 season. :rock:
:Thumbs:
Ashland had a great year and my hat goes off to them on a great season All I got to say is Ashland your the man.
Congrats on a great season guys. We lose 17 seniors I believe. It's sad to see all of these young men walk off our football field for the last time.
Great season Tomcats !! WOW losing 17 seniors were most of them starters.
What's your prediction for next season?? How many starters do you have coming back for next season???
Ashland returns 5 starters on defense and 7 starters on offense. 2 of those starters on offense weren't full time starters this season but first replacements that saw significant playing time.

On defense Ashland retains:
DT Travis Gallaher, LB Fields Davis, CB Drew McDavid, CB Matt Thomas, and FS Luke Bonner all return.

On offense Ashland retains:
C Michael Walters, G Josh Cordle, T Lacy Snodgrass, FB Fields Davis (partial starter), TB Matt Thomas, WR Luke Bonner (partial starter due to the use of many 3/4 WR sets), and WR Drew McDavid all return.

On defense Ashland loses:
DT Trace Stafford, DE Aarond Cordial, DE Joe Smith, LB Blake Runnels, OLB Angel Gurule and CB Tyler Reliford are key loses.

On offense Ashland loses:
QB Ian Holbrook, WR Angel Gurule, WR Adam Cannoy, FB Tyler Reliford, G Austin Brislin, and T Randy Riggs are key loses.

Likely new starters next year include:
QB Darrell Mahan, G Brandon Dixon, T Andrew Dillon, OL Jesse Parsley, DE/LB Jeremy Nethercutt, DE Brian Salyers, DT Michael Walters, and LB Cordell Earl are likely to make an impact for the Tomcats next season.

Special Teams:
Ashland loses all-area punter Angel Gurule and strong legged KO man JD Kepler.
Ashland retains soccer player Preston Freeman who was in charge of place kicking most of the season.
Next year they will be re-loaded but it hurts to watch the great ones leave when the game was over. I was awwed at some of the rockcastle players that came to aaron cordials side after the game and traded some hang shakes and hugs. this shows u everything is left on the field.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland returns 5 starters on defense and 7 starters on offense. 2 of those starters on offense weren't full time starters this season but first replacements that saw significant playing time.

DT Travis Gallaher, LB Fields Davis, CB Drew McDavid, CB Matt Thomas, and FS Luke Bonner all return.

C Michael Walters, G Josh Cordle, T Lacy Snodgrass, FB Fields Davis (partial starter), TB Matt Thomas, WR Luke Bonner (partial starter due to the use of many 3/4 WR sets), and WR Drew McDavid all return.

DT Trace Stafford, DE Aarond Cordial, DE Joe Smith, LB Blake Runnels, OLB Angel Gurule and CB Tyler Reliford are key loses.

QB Ian Holbrook, WR Angel Gurule, WR Adam Cannoy, FB Tyler Reliford, G Austin Brislin, and T Randy Riggs are key loses.

QB Darrell Mahan, G Brandon Dixon, T Andrew Dillon, OL Jesse Parsley, DE/LB Jeremy Nethercutt, DE Brian Salyers, DT Michael Walters, and LB Cordell Earl are likely to make an impact for the Tomcats next season.

Special Teams:
Ashland retains soccer player Preston Freeman who was in charge of place kicking most of the season.

Looks like it's going to be a tight race for the district title next year!!
yea it will but i look for it to come down to ashland and lawrence co. next year.
The thing I will miss the most about this yrs squad is the arm throwing the hard hits, and the great catches. I will miss ya 05 t-cats.
Congrats to Ashland on a great season! It's dissappointing that it had to end early, but we fought hard and never gave up.

Good luck to each and every one of you seniors in your journey through life.

Brandt "Earl" Briggs
Austin Brislin
Jonathan Burke
Adam Cannoy
Aaron Cordial
Brett France
Angel Gurule
Ian Holbrook
Tim Patterson
Tyler Reliford
Randy Riggs
Tyler "Bayou" Rowland
Blake Runnels
Joe Serey
Joe Smith
Trace Stafford
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland returns 5 starters on defense and 7 starters on offense. 2 of those starters on offense weren't full time starters this season but first replacements that saw significant playing time.

Special Teams:

That's pretty much how it's looking, I should also add that Josh Cordle will most likely be starting at LB, and on the offensive line, current freshmen Josh Salisbury and Justin Pennington will be contributors. Ryan Bonner should also be playing some at tight end, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy Nethercutt getting some playing time at runningback.
AshlandTcat06 Wrote:That's pretty much how it's looking, I should also add that Josh Cordle will most likely be starting at LB, and on the offensive line, current freshmen Josh Salisbury and Justin Pennington will be contributors. Ryan Bonner should also be playing some at tight end, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy Nethercutt getting some playing time at runningback.

I totally agree. I forgot to mention the players off of this season's freshmen team that are shaping up to be contributors to the varsity team next season. OL/DL Josh Salisbury and Justin Pennington will most likely see some playing time next season. I also think Ryan Bonner will be the #1 tight end next season. It just depends how often Ashland will actually use the tight end. All of these players will be sophmores next season and figure to be great varsity players over the next 3 upcoming seasons.
Jeremy will most likley be use to replace aaron cordial at DE next year and Bryan Slayer who will be commin off of his injury will be replacing Joe Smith.
Batpuff Wrote:yea it will but i look for it to come down to ashland and lawrence co. next year.

You never know you could be in for a big suprise I guess we'll have to wait until next season to find out.
good job
:#1:
Old School Wrote:Looks like it's going to be a tight race for the district title next year!!
well next year will only tell time for some b-ball soon.