Pikeville
East Ridge
Lou. Central
Perry Central
Shelby Valley
Rose Hill
Eastern
Lithonia (Ga) Miller Grove
Indiandapolis North Lawrence which featured former UK recruit Dominque Ferguson and UL commitments Ryan Taylor and Michael Chandler.

Should be a great day of roundball !!!!!!!!!!!
Should be a good tourney...would really like to see Valley and Eastern meet up. Eastern has one of the best junior classes in the state with Abell, Marks, Gaines, and Woods. Not to mention they have one of the best in the state for c/o 2010 in Delquan Thomas who already has multiple D1 offers.
Valley will more than likely play one of the out of state teams.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Should be a good tourney...would really like to see Valley and Eastern meet up. Eastern has one of the best junior classes in the state with Abell, Marks, Gaines, and Woods. Not to mention they have one of the best in the state for c/o 2010 in Delquan Thomas who already has multiple D1 offers.
If this is what I am thinking it is, this is the KY Farm Bureau Classic. And it is not a tournament format, just an showcase type thing. With different matchups intended on drawing good crowds. This is one of my favorite events to go to in EKY though. It is very fun and a chance to see some very good teams play.

Side note, I really like Central and especially their coach- they have been at this showcase since it has been at the Expo Center. They always play hard and put on a good show. And once again a very good job was done bringing in top talent to Pikeville for this event.
I would like to see these games, if these are indeed the teams involves:

Hazard vs. Pikeville
East Ridge vs. Rose Hill
Lou. Central vs. Perry Central
Shelby Valley vs. Lithonia, GA
Eastern vs. Indianapolis North Lawrence
And I guess one more team will be added to play Miller Grove.

But those would be the most intriguing match ups for me personally.
is this a 1 day or 2 day classic?
Didn't realize this was just a one game classic...I'd really like to see them turn this in to a tournament.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Didn't realize this was just a one game classic...I'd really like to see them turn this in to a tournament.

where is this gonna be held at?
Strikeout King Wrote:is this a 1 day or 2 day classic?
Last year they had local teams play on Friday, with some girls games, and then the marquee games on Saturday.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Didn't realize this was just a one game classic...I'd really like to see them turn this in to a tournament.
That would be fun, but the travel for some teams only allows for a one or two day event- they would have to be ok with playing 2-3 games on Saturday.
Strikeout King Wrote:where is this gonna be held at?
The Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center in Downtown Pikeville.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center in Downtown Pikeville.

Thanks for the info.
09 Farm Bureau Classis @ East Ky Expo December 12 2009 .. 10 teams Great day of basketball... On Jody Demling

Pikeville
Hazard
East Ridge
Shelby Valley
Perry Central
Louisville Central
Rose Hill
Louisville Eastern
Miller Grove Lithonia,Ga
Lawerence North Indianapolis, IN
Central Should have another exciting team. I always enjoy watching them play they always have good athletes and are well coached.
It has been mentioned on other Shelby Valley threads that the Wildcats would be playing another team from Georgia in the Expo this year. If the rumors are true, then apparently one matchup will be SV vs. Miller Grove.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like to see East Ridge and Rose Hill go at it.
More Cowbell Wrote:It has been mentioned on other Shelby Valley threads that the Wildcats would be playing another team from Georgia in the Expo this year. If the rumors are true, then apparently one matchup will be SV vs. Miller Grove.

Miller Grove lost 7 seniors from last year's state championship team that went 30-3. I don't really see how they'll be anywhere as good as they were this past season.
Besides D-Ferg Lawrence North has Justin Martin who at one time committed to UL but has since withdrawn his commitment. Martin is a 4 Star on rivals and heavily rising in the recruiting world. Kentucky has become heavily involved in his recruitment process. Dominique and Justin both will be well worth the price of admission to this years Classic, definitely the reason I will be attending with the exception of seeing how Shelby Valley performs.
does anyone know who they play
kywldcat01 Wrote:Miller Grove lost 7 seniors from last year's state championship team that went 30-3. I don't really see how they'll be anywhere as good as they were this past season.
Not sure about that ? There point guard Mfon Udofia was lost to Georgia Tech but they bring back 3 star 6'9 Donte Williams, 2 star 6'7 Henry Brooks and 6'7 Tony Parker top 5 in class 2012 and only one of 12 on the 2009-10 USA National team .
does any one now who plays who in the classic ?
warriors#55 Wrote:does any one now who plays who in the classic ?
Don't think so yet .
Another great showcase with some teams to draw in fans. I would really like to see it again this season.
Lawrence North also has Michael Chandler,6'10 center that has signed with UL and rated a top 20 player as well Ryan Taylor,6'5 forward that has also signed with UL and is rated in the top 50 in his class. Lawrence North is basically a farm system that sends many players to major colleges every year.
new o Wrote:Lawrence North also has Michael Chandler,6'10 center that has signed with UL and rated a top 20 player as well Ryan Taylor,6'5 forward that has also signed with UL and is rated in the top 50 in his class. Lawrence North is basically a farm system that sends many players to major colleges every year.

Also produced Greg Oden and Mike Conley. :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:I would like to see these games, if these are indeed the teams involves:

Hazard vs. Pikeville
East Ridge vs. Rose Hill
Lou. Central vs. Perry Central
Shelby Valley vs. Lithonia, GA
Eastern vs. Indianapolis North Lawrence
And I guess one more team will be added to play Miller Grove.

But those would be the most intriguing match ups for me personally.
Also hope Perry Central vs. Louisville Central ! Would be good match up .
How did East ridge get into this??
These teams are out of there league
UKfrenzy Wrote:How did East ridge get into this??
These teams are out of there league

Rose Hill is not a power house either, but I agree I don't think ER can even beat Rose Hill.
perry central does play central during this
wood_chuck Wrote:perry central does play central during this
Where did you see that ? Any others listed to play ?
Sfan Wrote:Not sure about that ? There point guard Mfon Udofia was lost to Georgia Tech but they bring back 3 star 6'9 Donte Williams, 2 star 6'7 Henry Brooks and 6'7 Tony Parker top 5 in class 2012 and only one of 12 on the 2009-10 USA National team .
Tony Parker Scout's Top 10 2012 . Read more on Jody Demling .
Anyone know the times of the games ? Just saw the event on the Expo website but no times .