Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwoods Mike Yeagle resigns after loss....
Last night....

This is huge, any thoughts?:omg:
wow, had there been any other issues other than last nights loss, seems like a drastic move to me.
Oh well. That's my thought on it.
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:wow, had there been any other issues other than last nights loss, seems like a drastic move to me.
Many.
WOW!!! He was a really GREAT coach. How long had he been there and how many Championships? He made Beechwood a powerhouse....sad to see this happen. Esp. since it seems as if it wasn't his choice.

Can you shed some light on the other issues 98?
Is this true???
What a surprise!
Man, high school football wont be the same with out Yeagle coaching, if it was a move that was any other than his choice shame on you beechwood!!!!!!! If it was his choice then congradulations on many good things you have done for high school football.
I can't really shed much more on it.

I assure you it was Coach Yeagle's choice.

He has had a lot of personal problems the past few years that don't really need to be discussed. But I assure you it was his choice.

And yes it is true.
98--

Are you qualified to speak on the situation?

What do you know about his "personal" problems? Let me answer that for you:

NO--YOU ARE NOT!

The funny thing is--if all these "personal problems" would have stayed "personal" chances are--he would still be at Beechwood. But instead--people who have no clue, or people who have heard from their buddies (who make up stories) run their mouth and start trouble. That is exactly what is happening here.

The truth of the matter is this--Coach Yeagle resigned. Yes--it was his choice (but he really didn't have another choice).

As far as his "personal" problems go--speak about what you know for sure (and the last time I checked--I haven't seen you in the locker room or on the sidelines lately).

Again--things are starting to look like the other joke of a site.

I wouldn't be too sure that Yeagle is done for good. I would look for a BIG move in the next 30 days.

98--No offense--but you should stick to topics that the guru HASN'T spoke to you about. I thought you knew better by now.
What are you saying KHB? Are you saying that 98 is wrong? He didn't go and say what the problems were but rather just stated that there were other problems. He said that it wasn't his place to talk about it. So I'm confused on why you are mad at him?
Beef Wrote:What are you saying KHB? Are you saying that 98 is wrong? He didn't go and say what the problems were but rather just stated that there were other problems. He said that it wasn't his place to talk about it. So I'm confused on why you are mad at him?

What I am saying is this--98 doesn't even have a clue IF there are problems to begin with. He isn't even in a situation to say that. Personally--he shouldn't even allude to the fact that there are "personal" problems. Why? Because he isn't in the know with Mike.

I would venture to say that some of the BGP element told him some things at one time--and lead him down the primrose path. His statements give the outward appearance that he KNOWS that there was some type of personal issue that Mike was dealing with. In all honesty--he doesn't have a clue.

Now--who am I to say what I just said? Ask 98 and see what he tells you.
So are you saying that there arn't personal issues?
Beef Wrote:So are you saying that there arn't personal issues?

What I am saying (like I actually already said) is that--if there are or if there are NOT "personal" issues--98 wouldn't be in the loop to know what type of issues there are OR why Coach Y is leaving. He is going off speculation from others. And contrary to some of the things that I have read--people have no clue about the situation.

It is that simple.

I will say this--his leaving had nothing to do with "personal" issues. I know that for a fact.

I find it amazing that people even speculate on Coach Y's "personal" life to begin with. There are about 10 people in the world who have a clue--and the vast majority of the things that I have read (especially on the "other" site) are so far away from the truth that people should be ashamed when they look in the mirror. I came here to get away from that type of slander--and look what I run into . . . .

I should have known better.
Oh, alright....I understand. Hope you don't get too mad at the site, we were just trying to find the answer as to why.
Beef Wrote:Oh, alright....I understand. Hope you don't get too mad at the site, we were just trying to find the answer as to why.

Come on now! I am not remotely close to being mad at the sight. In one of the other threads--you guys helped me to see where you are coming from.

This actually goes a little further back with 98 and myself. And it comes down to this:

98 is an NCC guy.
I am a Beechwood guy.

He probably got his information from people that he trusts--but in reality--have no clue. I am sure that we will argue our points eventually . . . .
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:98 is an NCC guy.
I am a Beechwood guy.
About time.....I've talked to 98 and this is just what he needed.....someone to get into it with :blabbermo .....too bad its not BHS v NCC this week....you two would have had some fun :ChairHit:

Smile
WOOAAAHH, KYhillbilly, I said i nmy very first post that I was not qualified to speak on why he resigned. So relax.

Secondly, I never claimed to know anything, just that there were problems before that had led him to resign for a year. That wasn't a secret.

Thirdly. Glad to have you here my man!
Also I never once said him leaving had to do with his personal issues, real or not.
But answer me this, if him leaving was all his doing, which is what I said to begin with, then it is personal right? which is all I said.
98NCCalum Wrote:But answer me this, if him leaving was all his doing, which is what I said to begin with, then it is personal right? which is all I said.

Not in the manner in which you speak, my friend . . . .

In actuality--it was quite the "public" matter.

The only thing that I can say is this--if anyone really wanted to figure it out--they could/would with minimal effort.

In regard to the "personal" problems: he was physically ill. I don't consider that to be personal. I consider it to be a fact of life. Were there other "personal" things? As someone who dealt with Coach Y on a daily basis--nothing that the rest of us don't have to deal with from time to time.

My frustration revolves around the fact that people have slandered Coach Y (I am not saying that you are doing that 98) but there are some who have done nothing but flat out lied about some of the things that went on. Then, they tell all of their BGP buddies. Again--the worst thing is--there is a contingent who, tries to appear that they are friendly with Coach Y to his face--while they are busy sticking the knife in his back.
Hillbilly, I am glad you realize I was not trying to slander Coach Yeagle, I was not at all.

As for his issues, if he has any, I am pretty sure I did my best to deflect that situation, when something like this happens with a young guy after a big loss, inevitable there is going to b ethe question why, I was trying to, before anything got started, say how I was sure t was his choice, and I'm sure it was, any administrator who directly got rid of someone so successful would be lynched.

For the record, I never once claimed to have any inside knowledge, but the first person to break this on BGP and to me a couple hours before he put it on there, is a Lloyd guy, I'm sure you can figure that one out, so he must have some good source to know that soon. Right? I don't know anyone at Beechwood anymore, and would have no other way of getting any knowledge, and I was never once privy to any information about Coach Yeagle, his health or his wellbeing.

I wish Coach Y all the best and hope he lands on his feet somewhere great.
mans gotta do what a mans gotta do
Heck I'm just thrilled that we have both of you from northern Ky on here. Can't believe I said that. But in all honesty I do miss the info from that end of the state hope we can really start picking up some more members. And I like how both of you handled this situation. When posting on a forum or chats you can't read a person totally and some of these post could have been turned into something nasty but both of you handled it in the right way and still got your points across and kept your heads.

Congrats to the both of you and keep the info coming.
By the way I wonder if Coach Y would like to live in the hills of east ky. I'm sure we could find a spot for him somewhere. LOL
Coach Yeagle was the Tigers head coach for 15 seasons. He will go down as one of the all-time great head coaches in KY high school football. In his 15 seasons at Beechwood his Tigers played in 11 state championship games...8 state titles and 3 state runner-ups. Coach Yeagle is a class act on top of all of that and I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he does from here on out.

As far as the reason for why he resigned, I was under the impression that it was for personal reasons also. I believe that when Beechwood played at Pikeville last year in the state semi-finals that Coach Yeagle did not make the trip to Pikeville with the team. I had been told by some friends in Ft. Mitchell that Coach Yeagle had some health problems...NOTE- I DO NOT know this for a fact. Regardless Coach Yeagle is a great coach and I wish him nothing but the best.
Coach Y missed the Pikeville game last year because he had the flu--and he didn't want any one on the team to catch what he had. It didn't have anything to do with any of his previous issues.

There has also been conversation about a game that he missed this season (Ludlow)--Coach Y was involved in a car accident on the way to the game--and resumed his normal duties in the middle of the next week.

He did resign for personal reasons--and between us and a fence post--don't be surprised to see him turn up at a different school in the very near future.
I hope he coaches again somewhere because his teams are always fun to watch. I didn't know the reason that he missed the game last year, I am glad it was nothing serious. I hope Coach Yeagle has many years left roaming the sidelines somewhere.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Coach Y missed the Pikeville game last year because he had the flu--and he didn't want any one on the team to catch what he had. It didn't have anything to do with any of his previous issues.

There has also been conversation about a game that he missed this season (Ludlow)--Coach Y was involved in a car accident on the way to the game--and resumed his normal duties in the middle of the next week.

He did resign for personal reasons--and between us and a fence post--don't be surprised to see him turn up at a different school in the very near future.
Will any of his current staff follow? Or are they staying on?
98NCCalum Wrote:Will any of his current staff follow? Or are they staying on?

98--you my friend, are one slick cat (or Bred).

At this point--I am not at liberty to discuss this question (even though I would like to).

I can say this: STRANGE THINGS DO HAPPEN. And I will leave it at that--for now.
I understand.

Let us know when and if you hear anything about it.