Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New WMS Basketball Coach
I heard Whitesburg Middle School has hired Marvin Boggs as its new boys basketball coach
nice hire for the boys! he will do well.
He is a really good guy
what did he do before he coached?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Marvin has coached for several years. He coached the B-team and helped Victor Gainer the last couple of years He also coached at Cowan for several yeats before that. I know he won a lot of games with Whitesburg's AAU team this past spring. He is also the 7th grade coach for Terry Howard and the LCC JV Cougars. Busy guy!
really good guy
Good Luck to him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Are you 100% sure that Boggs has been hired as head coach? I have been told from reliable sources that he in fact was NOT offered the job. It was offered to Phillip Bentley an ex asst. coach for LCC.
There was an article about his hiring in the Mountain Eagle.
Yes he is the coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Ah it's not going to matter much. Whitesburg isn't what they use to be. Cowan is by far the best team in Letcher County now since Robinson has taken over. I don't see any school in that district competing with them.
I could care less who is the better team as long as the grade schools are producing quality players for LCC's high school program.
It isn't about winning county anymore. They really need to work together and I think it will only help them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Good luck Marvin.