Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian 43 Beechwood 20
Final... WOW!!
Final. :beer:
Still can't believe it.
Looks like the BGR rankings held their own.

1. Bardstown (10-0)
2. Danville (9-1)
3. Newport Central Catholic (8-2)
4. Lexington Christian (9-1)
5. Bellevue (8-2)
6. Beechwood (7-3) Defending Class A State Champs
7. Somerset (9-1)
8. Mayfield (7-3)
9. Lynn Camp (8-2)
10.Holy Cross (Louisville) (8-2)
HAHA This is comical!!!
WOW, is still all I can say.....
Indeed it's comical Joe...I bet there's a lot of "preps" up north who are crying over this one...LOL
EastKYReporter Wrote:Indeed it's comical Joe...I bet there's a lot of "preps" up north who are crying over this one...LOL

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile:rock:
I bet the Guru and his buddies are spinning their wheels tonight wondering what happened.:beerwez: :please:
Wow.
wow
Great win for LCA. Congrats. Maybe this will be the first time the NKY 1A district won win region in umpteen years.
I look at your comments a couple different ways:
1. Sour Grapes from the past
2. Jealousy

Now--do I actually believe that? Probably not. But when you wonder about things like mountain bias--you have to point to the comments in this thread.

There has always been a hard fought, classy rivalry between Beechwood and Pikeville. There isn't a lot of bad blood there--just hard fought respect amongst the 2.

Now--this site takes a turn that is similar to the other "site".

Comical?

Come on.

High School kids playing their last game is not comical. It is sad--regardless of who the team is. But it is a lot easier for you guys to laugh. Good for you . . .

The truth of the matter is that Beechwood is down this year. They lost nearly the entire team. To get to the point that they did--would be considered a remarkable feat if it would have been any other team than Beechwood.

But you guys think it is comical. Classy. REAL CLASSY . . . .
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I look at your comments a couple different ways:
2. Jealousy

Now--do I actually believe that? Probably not. But when you wonder about things like mountain bias--you have to point to the comments in this thread.

There has always been a hard fought, classy rivalry between Beechwood and Pikeville. There isn't a lot of bad blood there--just hard fought respect amongst the 2.

Comical?

Come on.

High School kids playing their last game is not comical. It is sad--regardless of who the team is. But it is a lot easier for you guys to laugh. Good for you . . .

The truth of the matter is that Beechwood is down this year. They lost nearly the entire team. To get to the point that they did--would be considered a remarkable feat if it would have been any other team than Beechwood.

Mountain Bias?? Of course there is a mountain bias on here, over half the people on here are from the mountain regions. So when a team like Beechwood get's beat out, after goin so far for so many years, people are goin to get happy.. That's just the way it is, after seeing the same teams go to state year in and year out it gets I don't know. boring i guess, so when an upset like this happens people are goin to be schocked and happy..

I do however agree that some of the posts about the other site being in an uproar were probably uncalled for, however, when most of us were on that other site, there was so much NKY bias that the "little people" from the mountains didn't have a voice.. that's why we say we are happy that a nky team lost. Granted it was to a lexington team rather than a mountain team, but same principle nonetheless..

And sorry to the pikeville people, but that past few years the beechwood pikeville rivalry wouldn't have been much, because i don't think they met that often.. and when they did i'm sure it was pretty much all beechwood for the most part..
Couldn't of said it better myself.:thumb:
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I look at your comments a couple different ways:
2. Jealousy

Comical?

Come on.

I agree with you KHB....some of the comments were un-needed and classless. I, with you, don't see what is so funny about it. Yes, it is a shock to see this score, I think you may have hit it on the head with the Jealous statement, because now someone from Region 4 thinks they will be able to make it to Louisville. I, being from Pikeville, have never liked Beechwood, but I do have respect for the tradition and talent that they have year in and year out.

The one thing that we NEVER want to happen is for this site to turn like the "other" site. You pointed out that there is an EKY bias on this site, and yes there is, for now. When the site opened, QQ (founder) lived in Pikeville, and the only way that the knowledge of the site has spread is through word-of-mouth. You can see the progress as members continue to join out in Somerset and up in NKY. We are trying to get this site to spread across the state so that there isn't a bias towards anyone. I assume that you are from the Beechwood/NKY area? If so, I am glad that you have joined, and I hope that you would spread the word about the site to try to help to balance out this bias that is on the site. We need help from all in order to grow across the state!!

Sorry if anyone pissed you off :welcome:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Mountain Bias?? Of course there is a mountain bias on here, over half the people on here are from the mountain regions. So when a team like Beechwood get's beat out, after goin so far for so many years, people are goin to get happy.. That's just the way it is, after seeing the same teams go to state year in and year out it gets I don't know. boring i guess, so when an upset like this happens people are goin to be schocked and happy..

I do however agree that some of the posts about the other site being in an uproar were probably uncalled for, however, when most of us were on that other site, there was so much NKY bias that the "little people" from the mountains didn't have a voice.. that's why we say we are happy that a nky team lost. Granted it was to a lexington team rather than a mountain team, but same principle nonetheless..

And sorry to the pikeville people, but that past few years the beechwood pikeville rivalry wouldn't have been much, because i don't think they met that often.. and when they did i'm sure it was pretty much all beechwood for the most part..

You know what? I am very cool with this response (and Beef's). At the very least--it makes sense--and it helps to give me a different perspective on the situation.

For me--it is something that I have lived/breathed for the past 7 years--for others--you made it a lot easier to see that it can get to be more than a little boring and quite possibly frustrating.

From the inside--I can tell you that a trip to EKY was something that was/is always taken a little more seriously--even to the level of NCC (the team). On the other site--I seriously doubt if people would ever admit things like that because they are too busy looking down their noses at everyone else.

To put things in perspective--LCA is a better team this year. But instead of talking about that--people want to talk about mighty Beechwood's fall from the top (which was even more pathetic on BGP when theguru said that Beechwood was on its way down--11 months after winning a state championship).

When things get to the point where people talk about the losing team (with glee I might add) more than the winning team--there is definitely something wrong. I understand that is what I signed on for--but it gets old.

LCA won. Let's salute them or talk about how they did it. They have a great (not just good) team. They have a shot against NCC (but it will be tough). But I wouldn't be surprised . . . . . . .
Good post KHB....you are correct. Everyone is shocked that Beechwood lost but as you pointed out, it took a GREAT team (in LCA) to beat them. I guess we were too shocked to see Beechwood out that we didn't think of who beat them. LCA is a good team -- that's why we had them ranked higher than BHS going into this game. And they proved it.

Needed long before this....

CONGRATS Lexington Christian!!
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:You know what? I am very cool with this response (and Beef's). At the very least--it makes sense--and it helps to give me a different perspective on the situation.

For me--it is something that I have lived/breathed for the past 7 years--for others--you made it a lot easier to see that it can get to be more than a little boring and quite possibly frustrating.

From the inside--I can tell you that a trip to EKY was something that was/is always taken a little more seriously--even to the level of NCC (the team). On the other site--I seriously doubt if people would ever admit things like that because they are too busy looking down their noses at everyone else.

To put things in perspective--LCA is a better team this year. But instead of talking about that--people want to talk about mighty Beechwood's fall from the top (which was even more pathetic on BGP when theguru said that Beechwood was on its way down--11 months after winning a state championship).

When things get to the point where people talk about the losing team (with glee I might add) more than the winning team--there is definitely something wrong. I understand that is what I signed on for--but it gets old.

LCA won. Let's salute them or talk about how they did it. They have a great (not just good) team. They have a shot against NCC (but it will be tough). But I wouldn't be surprised . . . . . . .

Glad I could be some help.. Now it's time for me to go back home to the GD discussion lol.. :mop:
All right, everybody now.....Kumbaya My lord...Kumbaya.......:lame: I wish there was a puking smilie.

Just kidding, I have the utmost respect for Beechwood, while hating them at the same time, mainly coming from years of getting pounded in the head from them.

Congrats to them on a hard fought season and they will be back a lot better next year, I assure all of you.

I always rooted for Beechwood.

After they beat us. That's all.

I am scared about the LCA game.

I am not shocked at the score of this one. Just thought it would be the other way around.
98NCCalum Wrote:All right, everybody now.....Kumbaya My lord...Kumbaya.......:lame: I wish there was a puking smilie.
This one? Tongueuke:
:theman:
Beef Wrote:This one? Tongueuke:
wow good job
I've never seen any of the Beechies cry when they are beating the crap out of the Mountain teams. Why should'nt we be happy to see some of the "priveleged" teams bite it? How many mountain fans just "LOVE" NCC or Beechwood???? Our kids were seniors at one time or another, too, when the northern KY teams beat them out. A lot of the time it is a very lopsided affair when they hook up, anyway. I'm sure they could care less when we go down in flames. These kids and programs feel like they have it all against them when they have to play the northern KY powers, so I'm sure that they are'nt buying up seats on the Northern Powers Pep Bus!!!!:worthy:
Daddy Cat Wrote:I've never seen any of the Beechies cry when they are beating the crap out of the Mountain teams. Why should'nt we be happy to see some of the "priveleged" teams bite it? How many mountain fans just "LOVE" NCC or Beechwood???? Our kids were seniors at one time or another, too, when the northern KY teams beat them out. A lot of the time it is a very lopsided affair when they hook up, anyway. I'm sure they could care less when we go down in flames. These kids and programs feel like they have it all against them when they have to play the northern KY powers, so I'm sure that they are'nt buying up seats on the Northern Powers Pep Bus!!!!:worthy:
It seems to me like you have some sort of complex. I can assure you there is no one from NCC who looks down on the mountain teams, at least none that I associate with. And that's practically everyone. In 2000 on our first trip to Pikeville, that I remember, we were scared to death, we knew little to nothing about Pikeville other than their great history. We were going down expecting defeat.

I loved that visit, the Pikeville people were awesome, and very hospitable, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for all the mountain teams and what they do and who they are.
No, no complex. Just simple observations every fall. Believe it or not, not everyone has the same view of us down here in the mountains as you do. Why else would y'all be scared to death to come down here? Different customs? Visions of Deliverance? We're hardly ever given a fair shake. It's fairly apparent on some other sites. How are you going to know practically everyone?????
Practically everyone at NCC, and yeah I do, we're not big.

We were scared b/c we thought we were going to get killed, haha. We hadn't done anything in 10 years and Pikeville had.
So where is this going?
Daddy Cat Wrote:I've never seen any of the Beechies cry when they are beating the crap out of the Mountain teams. Why should'nt we be happy to see some of the "priveleged" teams bite it? How many mountain fans just "LOVE" NCC or Beechwood???? Our kids were seniors at one time or another, too, when the northern KY teams beat them out. A lot of the time it is a very lopsided affair when they hook up, anyway. I'm sure they could care less when we go down in flames. These kids and programs feel like they have it all against them when they have to play the northern KY powers, so I'm sure that they are'nt buying up seats on the Northern Powers Pep Bus!!!!:worthy:

Here is my mindset:
1. People from Beechwood have more respect for mountain teams than you could ever begin to imagine.

2. The "other" site has gotten so out of control that there are a certain few who have been allowed to trash mountain football--without being called out on it (and when they are--they are bashed in return).

3. Personally--I hate the fact that there is NKY bias and/or Mountain bias on any of the websites that I look at. I know that I can bring a different perspecitve to the conversation (one of an actual coach at a solid program). When you have to deal with these teams--it isn't hard to have respect for them at all.

4. Personally (again)--I see this site as a chance to right the wrongs of that other mess (I am sure you can figure that out). There is nothing wrong with a little heated discussion from time to time--but there are a lot of times where that site forgets about the main purpose of high school athletics: KIDS. And your post again reminded me of the fact of why I had something to say about the direction of this post. You are correct--there have been mountain kids who had their seasons/careers ended at the hand of a NKY school. Just understand that we put a lot of work into those wins. And we never looked at it as "beating a mountain team". We look at it as beating a great football team or a great football program.

Again--I am not looking to make anyone mad--but I am willing to share things from a different perspective--especially when people try to understand that we are talking about KENTUCKY HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. Not mountain kids or NKY kids.

Besides--I am really taking a liking to Belfrey. Scull and crossbones, the wishbone and Coach Haywood--that group could win at any school.
Amen KentuckyHillBilly5321!!!