Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camps/Showcases
anyone know of any camps/showcase going on around the state this summer/fall?
I usually attend Kentucky's every year but their not holding it this year for my age group. Seems as if every University wants 14 and under? So I have to go out of state
Champions Academy in Louisville has one of the best showcases in the country in mid July, but I would assume it is too late to apply at this point. They usually accept 100 or so applicants out of over 1,000.

When I was there, there were scouts from over 100 colleges and every major league team. It lasts all week and you are given quite a few opportunities to perform in front of several scouts.

It might not be too late if you want to give it a shot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
where do u go out of state? any links?
University of Kentucky coaches will run an instructional camp July 24 and 25 at Pendery Park, Melborne KY. It will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day. The camp is for athletes ages 6 to 14.

Pendery Park
Pendery Park is located in Melbourne, KY. Take I-275 to Exit 75A, Alexandria exit. Go south on US 27 about 1 mile. Turn left onto Hwy 1998 (Industrial Road). Follow it to the end (Route 8). Turn right on Route 8 and go for about 3.8 miles. The park entrance is on the left.

Mary Ingles Highway & Williams Lane
Melbourne, Kentucky
alfus21 Wrote:Champions Academy in Louisville has one of the best showcases in the country in mid July, but I would assume it is too late to apply at this point. They usually accept 100 or so applicants out of over 1,000.

When I was there, there were scouts from over 100 colleges and every major league team. It lasts all week and you are given quite a few opportunities to perform in front of several scouts.

It might not be too late if you want to give it a shot.

Sweet, Can you hook me up with a link?
If...Then Wrote:Sweet, Can you hook me up with a link?

http://www.championsbaseball.com/events....ville&id=1

It appears they only do a 1 day showcase now instead of the 5 day one I attended. Still plenty of scouts in attendance though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TPX Top 96 is a nice showcase and one of their stops this year is at UK on August 15 and 16. Here is a link to their web site. http://www.top96.com
August 23rd, at Lawrence County High School. For 2010 Seniors thru Freshmen.

Begins at 9:30am and is $50.

Registration Form
Augie Garrido Wrote:August 23rd, at Lawrence County High School. For 2010 Seniors thru Freshmen.

Begins at 9:30am and is $50.

Registration Form

how did this look in previous seasons?
the dark wizard Wrote:how did this look in previous seasons?

For $50, I'd say that this is just a fundraiser and not something for the higher level player
the dark wizard Wrote:how did this look in previous seasons?
Had over 30 last year, along with several Coaches.
Stardust Wrote:For $50, I'd say that this is just a fundraiser and not something for the higher level player
Not at all, just shows the over inflated cost of others. Players go through the same workout that most College and Pro Scout days.

Players need promoting in the Eastern KY, Southern OH and Western WV area, like those from larger cities. It's extremely difficult for Colleges to see them during the regular high school season, due to their own games.
what colleges were there last season?
Augie Garrido Wrote:Not at all, just shows the over inflated cost of others. Players go through the same workout that most College and Pro Scout days.

Players need promoting in the Eastern KY, Southern OH and Western WV area, like those from larger cities. It's extremely difficult for Colleges to see them during the regular high school season, due to their own games.

Can you give me a complete breakdown of the camp and how this camp increases the skills of the experienced HS level player. If this is a general purpose camp, due to the multi levels that would be attending, then it's impossible to provide the kind of teaching for the novice versus the completely different level of teaching that has to take place for the fundamentally sound player. If you are only expecting 30-50 players at a wide range of ages, I know what you will be offering. Goes back to my point that you are using this as a fundraiser and an opportunity to use this as an introduction to your school. Both of which are silid reasons to have it. But, this is not an event that an athlete that would normally go to a showcase waste their time at.