Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida State 37 Ohio State 6 (Tallahassee Regional)
FSU wins it. They join North Carolina as the first 2 teams in the super regionals.
Dang this is almost as crazy as the 25 inning game that was played last night btwn Texas & Boston College
I didn't realize they were already playing college football...

This IS a baseball score, right?
Ohio State continues their tradition of playing really well in all clutch NCAA games regardless of sport.
THis was simply amazing!!
Im guessing that FSU isnt that shabby in baseball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
this is a little bit over board isnt it??? lol is there no mercy rule in place for college?
I watched this..And no I don't feel a bit sorry for OSU. THis is the best of the best, and if you give up 37 runs...then I don't know what to tell you. I am honestly loss for words. Couldn't happen to a better program IMO, lol! Just the most unreal hitting display that I have EVER witnessed. Watched from the first pitch, to the last. Also seen the ENTIRE Texas game the night before. The 2 most unbelievable displays. Can't wait to see what College Baseball has for me tonight, lol!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I watched this..And no I don't feel a bit sorry for OSU. THis is the best of the best, and if you give up 37 runs...then I don't know what to tell you. I am honestly loss for words. Couldn't happen to a better program IMO, lol! Just the most unreal hitting display that I have EVER witnessed. Watched from the first pitch, to the last. Also seen the ENTIRE Texas game the night before. The 2 most unbelievable displays. Can't wait to see what College Baseball has for me tonight, lol!

lmao i love this post...How many errors did OSU commit? How many homeruns were hit? and did any one hit for the cycle?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lmao i love this post...How many errors did OSU commit? How many homeruns were hit? and did any one hit for the cycle?
5 errors. FSU set a new school record for doubles with 13, they had 3 homeruns, and hit after hit. And no, no one hit for the cycle. Mike Martin offered to end the game in the 7th inning, but the NCAA wouldn't allow it.
I have a box score pic I'm trying to put up.
I think that is a shame. They should have a mercy rule like they do in softball.
I mean..I had the thought of..If you are OSU..And you score 25 runs..YOU ARE STILL DOWN 12 RUNS..Now is that a mind-boggling thought or not, lol
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ohio State continues their tradition of playing really well in all clutch NCAA games regardless of sport.

:1: :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:5 errors. FSU set a new school record for doubles with 13, they had 3 homeruns, and hit after hit. And no, no one hit for the cycle. Mike Martin offered to end the game in the 7th inning, but the NCAA wouldn't allow it.

WOW
Sarrr Wrote:I didn't realize they were already playing college football...

This IS a baseball score, right?

Yea, I believe so. HaHa

C.Clair Wrote:Im guessing that FSU isnt that shabby in baseball.

I'm guessing you are right.
Here are the records set in the game. I must have missed two doubles when they switched to the Irvine Regional on ESPNU.

37 runs - School record for most runs in an NCAA Tournament
37 runs - NCAA Tournament record for most runs
38 hits - School record for most hits in an NCAA Tournament
38 hits - NCAA Tournament record for hits in a game
51 hits - NCAA Tournament record for combined hits
34 RBI - Ties school record
15 doubles - School record for doubles in a game
15 doubles - NCAA record for doubles in a game
66 total bases - School record
66 total bases - NCAA Tournament record
3 doubles in a game by Stephen Cardullo and Jason Stidham
Multiple players with 4+ RBI games - Cardullo 5, Stidham 4, Danesh 5, Meschke 4
Danesh, Cardullo, Meschke - Five runs in a game
Stephen Cardullo - 7 Hits in a game ties a school record (Marshall McDougall)
Stephen Cardullo - 12 total bases
Stephen Cardullo - 9 at-bats ties school record