Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District 7 Senior League All-Star Teams?
Does anyone know what district 7 leagues are going to have senior league (15/16) all star teams this year?

Kentucky - District 7
BEAVER CREEK LL
BELFRY AREA LL
EAST RIDGE LL X#
FLEMING-NEON LL
HAROLD ALLEN PRATER LL
KNOTT COUNTY LL
LETCHER LL
MAGOFFIN COUNTY LL
MARTIN COUNTY LL
MORGAN COUNTY LL
PAINTSVILLE LL
PHELPS LL
PRESTONSBURG LL
VIRGIE LL

WHITESBURG LL
I'd love to see Paintsville field a team. There is certainly enough talent from which to draw.
Belfry's entire Jr. League team from last year with the exception of 2 children would be in this age bracket. Would have been nice to see them field a team as well!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I know that my son paid his fee to sign up for Senior League in Paintsville this year but we have yet to be contacted about a team. I agree with IISnake...it would be a shame with as much talent as these boys this age have not to field a team.
Fleming-Neon doesn't have enough 15/16 year olds to even field a team this year.
There would be plenty in Belfry for a team but there is no team.... ???? I guess a bunch of them are going to play travel ball..... I know mine is!!

I think Prestonsburg is going to field a team.
District Tournament will be at StoneCrest! All ages,boys and girls.
What about Junior League 13/14 yr old teams in Eastern or Central Ky? Hazard is fielding a team and looking for games or 14U travel teams to play.
I heard over the week-end that Paintsville is trying to get a Senior League team together. Has anyone heard anything?
Senior League would be a good idea as there were only 3 teams at state last year......

The Junior and Senior League State Tournament will be held at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, Ky.

The Junior League district tournament starts Saturday, June 27th at Stonecrest

The only Senior league team in District 7 is Prestonsburg so they are going straight to state
606sportsfan Wrote:The Junior and Senior League State Tournament will be held at Lindsey Wilson College in Columbia, Ky.

The Junior League district tournament starts Saturday, June 27th at Stonecrest

The only Senior league team in District 7 is Prestonsburg so they are going straight to state

Do you know the date of the State Tourny? For both
I know Fleming Neon does
How are HAP's Junior League (13-14)'s looking?
the State Junior/Senior League tournaments will start on Saturday, July 18th at Lindsey Wilson College
100%SUCCESS Wrote:How are HAP's Junior League (13-14)'s looking?

HAP is young and I don't think they have the pitching they need. It looks like Knott county and Phelps have the best Junior league teams in District 7 and from what I have seen so far Phelps should win this tournament. They are obviously well coached and have the pitching to get it done. As much as I would have liked to seen Prestonsburg win this, between questionable pitching strategy and bad coaching at third base, I can't see it happening.
So, who are the teams playing in District 7 in Junior League and in Senior League this year? We know who used to play and who all could play, but just want to know who really is playing now. where will this district tournament be played?

I am asking respectfully.

Does the LL organization still have Big League Baseball or has that gone the way of the dinosaur?
IISnakE Wrote:So, who are the teams playing in District 7 in Junior League and in Senior League this year? We know who used to play and who all could play, but just want to know who really is playing now. where will this district tournament be played?

I am asking respectfully.

Does the LL organization still have Big League Baseball or has that gone the way of the dinosaur?

The District 7
Junior League teams:
Knott County
Prestonsburg
Fleming Neon
Virgie
Phelps
HAP
Beaver Creek

Knott County won the District 7 Championship by beating Prestonsburg 11-0 in the championship game. I still think Phelps was the best team in this tournament but a mistake made by the coaches took their ace out of the rotation for the semi's.

Prestonsburg was the only Senior League team in District 7 and will go straight to the state tournament

The state Junior and Senior league tournaments will start on July 18th at Lindsey Wilson College at Columbia, Ky.
Phelps had some good hitters from what I saw. Most of their top hitters would chase the away pitch, but I'd say all-around #5 was their best player...
If Neon woulda had a good outfield, and their defence was a little better, they could have contended with anybody with their ace on the mound. Through the 5th inning, Neon was winning 3-1, until their Starting Pitcher ran out of pitches and Phelps scored 5 runs with two outs in the bottom of the fifth.
Jshort5 Wrote:Phelps had some good hitters from what I saw. Most of their top hitters would chase the away pitch, but I'd say all-around #5 was their best player...
If Neon woulda had a good outfield, and their defence was a little better, they could have contended with anybody with their ace on the mound. Through the 5th inning, Neon was winning 3-1, until their Starting Pitcher ran out of pitches and Phelps scored 5 runs with two outs in the bottom of the fifth.
IMHO i think that austin mayhornhorn was the best all around player but down their at all-stars i will say # 3 from phelps was the best hitter