Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-game mindset
what do you do to get hype/ready for the game on the day of?

i personally usually go see a girl to get all the sexuallythings off my mind. after that i sit down and eat subway or something semi healthy. then i head home grab the remaining **** i need, my pod, etc. i go out to the locker room, take a nice dump, then proceed to listen to mostly hard rock/metal, then some really smooth techno or chill just w.e also take a 5 hour energy i love just feeling a surge of adrenaline the whole game anything to grasp that feeling is worth it.
UCFB Wrote:what do you do to get hype/ready for the game on the day of?

i personally usually go see a girl to get all the sexuallythings off my mind. after that i sit down and eat subway or something semi healthy. then i head home grab the remaining **** i need, my pod, etc. i go out to the locker room, take a nice dump, then proceed to listen to mostly hard rock/metal, then some really smooth techno or chill just w.e also take a 5 hour energy i love just feeling a surge of adrenaline the whole game anything to grasp that feeling is worth it.

Interesting pre game activities.

It's been a long time since I played, but my pregame preparation was completely different. I was a very "mellow" player even though I started at Lber in addition to O line. To me, I tried to keep every thing very calm. No motivational music. No adrenaline rush. No yelling and screaming in the locker room or when I ran out on the field. I spent the hours between school and the game eating a pregame meal and reviewing the scouting report to make sure I had my assignments down pat. I never was interested in delivering a fierce tackle; I just wanted to make the tackle if my assignment put me in position to do so. If I hit someone really hard, it didn't make any difference to me. I had a very business-like, unemotional approach to the game from what I remember. Call it a quiet confidence that if each of us on the team simply did our assignment, we would win the game. Even after we won state, I was no doubt happy, but didn't jump around a lot and celebrate.

What's interesting is that when I played, most of the kids on the team approached the game the same way I did. I wonder if all the hype and trash talking of the pros has changed the ways kids in high school now approach the game. A player makes a big hit on a tackle and then jumps around like its the first and last big hit they have ever made and will ever make. Not saying it's wrong now; just different from when I played. I guess I subscribed to the "act like you've been there before and will be there again" theory.
I go eat after school then go back to the lockerroomn listen to some heavymetal or rap and stay kinda quiet. I don't say much before a game
charlie22 Wrote:Interesting pre game activities.

It's been a long time since I played, but my pregame preparation was completely different. I was a very "mellow" player even though I started at Lber in addition to O line. To me, I tried to keep every thing very calm. No motivational music. No adrenaline rush. No yelling and screaming in the locker room or when I ran out on the field. I spent the hours between school and the game eating a pregame meal and reviewing the scouting report to make sure I had my assignments down pat. I never was interested in delivering a fierce tackle; I just wanted to make the tackle if my assignment put me in position to do so. If I hit someone really hard, it didn't make any difference to me. I had a very business-like, unemotional approach to the game from what I remember. Call it a quiet confidence that if each of us on the team simply did our assignment, we would win the game. Even after we won state, I was no doubt happy, but didn't jump around a lot and celebrate.

What's interesting is that when I played, most of the kids on the team approached the game the same way I did. I wonder if all the hype and trash talking of the pros has changed the ways kids in high school now approach the game. A player makes a big hit on a tackle and then jumps around like its the first and last big hit they have ever made and will ever make. Not saying it's wrong now; just different from when I played. I guess I subscribed to the "act like you've been there before and will be there again" theory.

about 30minute before the game after the drills and stuff i just sit down and relax really, clear my mind and focus on the game but im strickly talking like a an hour or so and beyond before the game. when i make a tackle i jut smile get up and repeat, if i get a safety or a big play then thats different.
Its been 19yrs. but I can remember like it was yesterday. we drilled worked hard all week to learn the opponent. Then it was GAME DAY, back in the day it was Phil Collins (I Can Feel In the Air Tonight)..Then pregame prayer dedicated all my games to my father...Then the National Anthem...Then it was on baby...To this day I hear the National Anthem I get an adrenaline rush...Great memories...
Recznik Wrote:Its been 19yrs. but I can remember like it was yesterday. we drilled worked hard all week to learn the opponent. Then it was GAME DAY, back in the day it was Phil Collins (I Can Feel In the Air Tonight)..Then pregame prayer dedicated all my games to my father...Then the National Anthem...Then it was on baby...To this day I hear the National Anthem I get an adrenaline rush...Great memories...

That's awesome!
I wasn't a jump around guy either. I would listen to some rock music and just think about the game and the plays. I would get somewhere by myself or with my DB teamates & just try to focus.
Recznik Wrote:Its been 19yrs. but I can remember like it was yesterday. we drilled worked hard all week to learn the opponent. Then it was GAME DAY, back in the day it was Phil Collins (I Can Feel In the Air Tonight)..Then pregame prayer dedicated all my games to my father...Then the National Anthem...Then it was on baby...To this day I hear the National Anthem I get an adrenaline rush...Great memories...

Man, that is a great Pre-Game Mindset.
Everybody is different, but I was always like a storm building. As the time grew nearer, the more intense I became. Plus, it never failed, I would have to go puke. I would get so psyched up that nothing would stay down. I wasn't afraid of my opponent. I was just reved up so high that my stomach would knot up.

I'd listen to some Metallica or something, the day of. The night before, I would watch The Program or one of my NFL Crunch Course videos (anybody remember those?).

I would usually pray a lot. To keep my teammates safe from injury and for us all to play our very best.

Football was a physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual experience for me!!!

I sure do miss it.Sad
UC maybe you should add that Jadakiss "The Champ is Here" remix to your pregame routine...
phdballer Wrote:UC maybe you should add that Jadakiss "The Champ is Here" remix to your pregame routine...

already got it lol