Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Coach Wanted, SEKY
School looking to re-build, looking for a coach who is willing to put a lot of time in rebuilding from the ground up. PM only for more details......

Job is in Southeast Kentucky
pm sent
What numbers are we looking at as far as playing?
Where is the school located?
Jenkins, KY Class A school, total re-build, supportive administration, big changes happening........ just need a leader.......

45 players signed up for conditioning this summer.....
over 40 in the grade school feeder........
I would love to coach if it would be possible. What requirements do u have to have. I have heard you only got to have 60 college credit hours but im not sure but they recommend you to have a teaching degree.
bac2369 Wrote:I would love to coach if it would be possible. What requirements do u have to have. I have heard you only got to have 60 college credit hours but im not sure but they recommend you to have a teaching degree.

This job, you must be a certified teacher.
firechief Wrote:This job, you must be a certified teacher.

Im out of luck there.
What if your in a graduate school going back to get your certification in "Special Education?" I have a bachelors degree in Social Work, but just recently went back to school to get my certification in Special Education so that I could teach. Would this do?
What do you mean by Supportive Administration (how supportive are they?)?
bac2369 Wrote:Im out of luck there.

you could still step in as an assistant...60 hours covers that you can hold practices if a head coach is not present and you can get paid as an assistant (if the school pays their assistants) with 60 hrs
What type of stipend does Jenkins pay for the Head Coach? How many assistants do they pay as well?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you could still step in as an assistant...60 hours covers that you can hold practices if a head coach is not present and you can get paid as an assistant (if the school pays their assistants) with 60 hrs

You actually have to have 64 College Credit hours.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:You actually have to have 64 College Credit hours.

Well i have over 64 so i should be ok then.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:You actually have to have 64 College Credit hours.

my bad...either way you can get paid lol
Bub Lewis Wrote:What do you mean by Supportive Administration (how supportive are they?)?

I am a JHS alumni and have kids at Jenkins. From what I have seen from the superintendent of one year now Debbie Watts and the new principle that will start next week Lisa Carrol, things will be a lot different at JHS looking forward than what we saw in the past administration. The previous administration did not offer any support of any kind for any of the sports teams at Jenkins short of maybe girls basketball. These two ladies have expressed a desire to rebuild the total pacakge at Jenkins including academics and extra curricular activities. I am very pleased so far with what I have seen.
1bassman Wrote:I am a JHS alumni and have kids at Jenkins. From what I have seen from the superintendent of one year now Debbie Watts and the new principle that will start next week Lisa Carrol, things will be a lot different at JHS looking forward than what we saw in the past administration. The previous administration did not offer any support of any kind for any of the sports teams at Jenkins short of maybe girls basketball. These two ladies have expressed a desire to rebuild the total pacakge at Jenkins including academics and extra curricular activities. I am very pleased so far with what I have seen.
Wow that is a new one....females supporting football. I have bad experiences with administrations that were totally women. But there is always a time for a first. Good luck to the next head man at Jenkins.
OK to clear up things, these women want all sports to excel, they want the football head coach to be their face of the athletic program. They are working on many changes.

Yes to Navajo, if you are in a grad program, you are granted a provisionary certification, that does work. Please apply, we are up to five apps currently and interviews starting this week.

One head coach, one asst this year and the pay right now is the standard/average pay of 3500.00 and are expecting to raise next year. Of course, this will have to be approved and finalized by the superintendent and principal. These two ladies are full of energy and put in countless hours of work.

Please email any questions to [email]lisa.carroll@jenkins.kyschools.us[/email], she starts her new job tomorrow.
Why are they searching year after year for a new head coach? Are there any possible assistants that can take over the reigns?
a female head coach? is this possible?
UCFB Wrote:a female head coach? is this possible?
WUT???? So THIS is how rumors get started.
UCFB Wrote:a female head coach? is this possible?

Please re-read the above posts...
Females are sometimes the most supportive of coaches doing the right thing.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Wow that is a new one....females supporting football. I have bad experiences with administrations that were totally women. But there is always a time for a first. Good luck to the next head man at Jenkins.
I am also a Jenkins grad, and remember the glory days. Ask Hilliard Howard what happen in 94 when we was undefeated going into playing Pikeville. We lost, but we gave them a great game.
With not having a consistant coach year in and year out, its going to be hard to build anything. I hope they find someone that wants to be there and given the proper support.
That is so true one tough cookie. I hope Jenkins brings back the glory days.