Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union Vs. Mater Dei Season Opener
Union county vs Mater Dei at Union for the season opener.

anyone know if mater dei is looking strong this year, its a border game kentucky (union) vs. Mater Dei (Indiana). not sure if theres any funding on the line but its supposed to be a big opener for us.

thoughts?
i think there usally decent,if you have trouble with them,you ned not even think about beating central.
cuppett777 Wrote:i think there usally decent,if you have trouble with them,you ned not even think about beating central.

well they lost to memorial by one touchdown last season in sectionals. and memorial went on to the championship. but i dont think we will have much of a problem. we did get a new coach though and this is our first game with him so.
UCFB Wrote:well they lost to memorial by one touchdown last season in sectionals. and memorial went on to the championship. but i dont think we will have much of a problem. we did get a new coach though and this is our first game with him so.

yea there a diffrence in those teams from indiana and louisville central
cuppett777 Wrote:yea there a diffrence in those teams from indiana and louisville central

i didnt know for sure, some have said indiana teams are better than the average kentucky team. but louisville produces some of the top talent in the nation, i knew mater dei had won state in there class a few years back just curious as to how good they were these days. if they arent on a team like louisville centrals level or fort cambell we shouldnt have too much of a problem.
UCFB Wrote:i didnt know for sure, some have said indiana teams are better than the average kentucky team. but louisville produces some of the top talent in the nation, i knew mater dei had won state in there class a few years back just curious as to how good they were these days. if they arent on a team like louisville centrals level or fort cambell we shouldnt have too much of a problem.

Indiana big schools on the whole are better than Kentucky 6A schools not named Trinity and St. Xavier.

Schools like Ben Davis, Carmel, Lawrence North, etc would wipe the floor with the other KY ig schools. Once you drop in class I would actually say KY has the better talent across the board.

On their best years, the Evansville powerhouses are typically on par with teams like Bowling Green, Boyle County, Belfry, Central, and Bell County

I know Union is expecting big things but I seriously would be surprised if they win this opener.
Mater Dei is supposed to have some good talent coming back this year. From what I have researched they should give Union a good game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Indiana big schools on the whole are better than Kentucky 6A schools not named Trinity and St. Xavier.

Schools like Ben Davis, Carmel, Lawrence North, etc would wipe the floor with the other KY ig schools. Once you drop in class I would actually say KY has the better talent across the board.

On their best years, the Evansville powerhouses are typically on par with teams like Bowling Green, Boyle County, Belfry, Central, and Bell County

I know Union is expecting big things but I seriously would be surprised if they win this opener.

thanks, i know mater dei has been below the .500 mark the past few years, but they always have a good ballclub was jsut curious as to this years team.
We beat mater dei back in 98 or 99 but back then we were in 3A with highlands and other teams and didnt have a chance. we also beat caldwell in 99 40-6 they were 2a though. so its been a long while since we have seen the likes of indiana teams.
Mater Dei will not have the talent level of Louisville Central but they are a very good opponent. The reason their record is below .500 is because they are a smaller school in Evansville and they play the bigger schools in the city. It should be a pretty good matchup. They usually are a passing type of team.
how good is mater dei
owen county rebel 74 Wrote:how good is mater dei

they lost to memorial who went on to 3A finals to loose 21-14 in sectionals, but they loose alot of players and went 4-6 last year i believe. probly decentor above average for a KY school.
wouldnt worry about them would be building team for nothing other than central thats who u hve to worry about,they went 5-5 2yrs ago and won state because they played prob the hardest schudule in the state...