Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan County
What is going on at Morgan Co. Are they looking for a coach?
Foxtrot Wrote:What is going on at Morgan Co. Are they looking for a coach?

Yep. Actually already interviewed a few people. Had 15+ applicants.
They will probably hire the middle school coach that already has a teaching job. Everyone in the school system that wasn't tenured, was pink slipped. The middle school Coach is Brian Turner - from Brethitt County. He was the high school head coach for 9-10 months, then quit.

He has been the middle school coach for about 6 years maybe.
Morgan County just needs consistency. There are kids there that want it so bad they can taste it. They just need focus and motivation.
Brian Turner is an excellent coach and the 1 year he was there, They got better and were better for the next 2 years after as well. Coach Turner fielded one of the BEST middle school teams in the state and the best move would be to keep Coach Turner and that team entacted.I.M.O. The senior class this season at Morgan had success under coach Turner as well.
The players know, respect and have had success under coach Turner in the past, He is the BEST man for the job.
What happened w/ the last guy?
If Coach Turner gets the job KY will have another DW team to deal with.
barrel Wrote:If Coach Turner gets the job KY will have another DW team to deal with.
Good luck Coach Turner.
:yes::theman:

:kneel:
Brian Turner will be the Head Football Coach, for 2009.
bigcoachallen Wrote:Brian Turner will be the Head Football Coach, for 2009.

Congratulations to Coach Turner, can't wait to see that Double Wing.
Congrats Coach Turner. What district is Morgan Co in?
Same District as P-burg, Bath, and SV.
Looks like they will get even better on D. They just added a great D guy to the team from what I am hearing. I will let him tell everybody when he is ready. He is aggresive and can get the kids motivated and fired up. Good luck Coach!
I will go out on a limb and say they will compete for the district title...at least 2nd. P'burg will be the front runner and are always tough.
I watched the Morgan County Middle School team last year. And with them kids moving up to high school. Morgan should have a good team.
Can u say no district wins boys and girls
RealisticView Wrote:Can u say no district wins boys and girls

Lets not get too negative. These kids work hard.
blitz43 Wrote:Looks like they will get even better on D. They just added a great D guy to the team from what I am hearing. I will let him tell everybody when he is ready. He is aggresive and can get the kids motivated and fired up. Good luck Coach!

I agree.
Yea they added another BOBCAT.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Yea they added another BOBCAT.
It is a different Bobcat than you though...right?
blitz43 Wrote:It is a different Bobcat than you though...right?

Yea..........J.S.F. or like I like to call him M.C.Defense.Maybe they need a manager too.If so I know Brian well;I could put in a good word for you.You should be a shoe-in.
Good luck to the Cougars this year. Hope for some wins and take some heat of my buddy C. Trusty down there.
blitz43 Wrote:Looks like they will get even better on D. They just added a great D guy to the team from what I am hearing. I will let him tell everybody when he is ready. He is aggresive and can get the kids motivated and fired up. Good luck Coach!
I stand corrected! He did not take the job. He just went and talked to them.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Yea..........J.S.F. or like I like to call him M.C.Defense.Maybe they need a manager too.If so I know Brian well;I could put in a good word for you.You should be a shoe-in.
You need to work hard in the weight room. We are really gonna need you this year.TongueirateSho
How many seniors did they loose?