Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weightlifting/Powerlifting is a Sport
I have been competing in Powerlifting for the past 5 years. It is an awesome sport. Individual Sports are very different from team sports, however. You have to be extremely self motivated and focused.
bigcoachallen Wrote:I have been competing in Powerlifting for the past 5 years. It is an awesome sport. Individual Sports are very different from team sports, however. You have to be extremely self motivated and focused.

Very true. It's an awesome sport, but definitely not appropriate for those who aren't willing to commit to it. It's more of a lifestyle than a sport to really be successful.
Yes. It is a year-round thing. I take off every now and then, but out of the 52 weeks in a year, I usally lift 48+ of them. Off time is good, on ocassion.

I compete in the powerlifting organization called N.A.S.A. (Natural Athlete Strength Association). They are pretty strict on form of the lifts and they have a very strict drug policy... don't use any!

There are a few guys that still seem to either be on, or had been at some point, but for the most part the lifters are all clean.

The one sneaking its way in now, though, is Human Growth Hormone(HGH). It causes even faster size/strength gains than Testosterone, and there is no test to detect it at this time. So, a guy could be jacked up on that and blow records out of the water... and test negative for steroids! :dontthink
bigcoachallen Wrote:Yes. It is a year-round thing. I take off every now and then, but out of the 52 weeks in a year, I usally lift 48+ of them. Off time is good, on ocassion.

I compete in the powerlifting organization called N.A.S.A. (Natural Athlete Strength Association). They are pretty strict on form of the lifts and they have a very strict drug policy... don't use any!

There are a few guys that still seem to either be on, or had been at some point, but for the most part the lifters are all clean.

The one sneaking its way in now, though, is Human Growth Hormone(HGH). It causes even faster size/strength gains than Testosterone, and there is no test to detect it at this time. So, a guy could be jacked up on that and blow records out of the water... and test negative for steroids! :dontthink

I am sure the mountian boys doing these have so much monies that they can get the human growth if they wanted them but its growth by hard wok that make them players..Hard work pays off and thats all that counts...Go Bobcats
Csportsman11 Wrote:I am sure the mountian boys doing these have so much monies that they can get the human growth if they wanted them but its growth by hard wok that make them players..Hard work pays off and thats all that counts...Go Bobcats

I hear the mountain boys are on MBT.

(Meat, beans. & taters)
Csportsman11 Wrote:I am sure the mountian boys doing these have so much monies that they can get the human growth if they wanted them but its growth by hard wok that make them players..Hard work pays off and thats all that counts...Go Bobcats

By no means was I suggesting that any Bobcat took anything illegal. I was remarking about the guys I see competing at some of my powerlifting competitions (from all over the country). There is this one guy who is Pause Benching in the low fives, without a bench shirt. I know him from several years ago... when he couldn't lock out 225. Plus, he actually tried selling me some "stuff" back then.
Mama Bear Wrote:I hear the mountain boys are on MBT.

(Meat, beans. & taters)

I'm a mountain boy, and proud to be one. Meat, beans, taters, and don't forget the cornbread.
The cornbread for sure!!!:Thumbs:

(Meat, beans. & taters)

:rockon:

(Meat, beans. & taters)

I know my mountain boy is.

:lmao: :Thumbs:
TeamMom Wrote:I know my mountain boy is.

:lmao: :Thumbs:

Confusedumo:
Its definitely a sport... and one that takes guts. Success or failure is completely yours to achieve or live with.

Quite different than any team sport as it takes 100% dedication ALL THE TIME. You can play baseball... go 0 for 4 and still win as a team. Not so with lifting.