Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central -vs- Lawrence Co (57th District Championship Game)
So whats everyone think... Shepard will be on the hill... Who is JC going to throw.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
When will this game be played?
I think its Thursday not sure of the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Well seeing how they were completely out-coached last night by a very mediocre team, who they mercied ruled the week before with the same pitcher on the hill, I am going to have to go with Johnson Central in this one. Normally I would say that these two should also be playing for the region this year as well, but I really look for one of them to get upset before that happens this year.
will go with lawrence county
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well seeing how they were completely out-coached last night by a very mediocre team, who they mercied ruled the week before with the same pitcher on the hill, I am going to have to go with Johnson Central in this one. Normally I would say that these two should also be playing for the region this year as well, but I really look for one of them to get upset before that happens this year.

Who do you think JC will pitch?
OutsideLogic Wrote:Who do you think JC will pitch?

Why wouldn't they pitch Parker? Isn't he ther #2? I guess they also have Dillon Baldwin as well. He seems to pitch well. Regardless, I don't see LC putting too many runs up on the board and I think after watching how they responded to Mike Hall putting pressure on them with small, that will most likely be there game plan as well. I guess one thing bad against LC is there coaching against two head coaches now that SC is out, haha! I would say both Hall brothers are going over game plans with each other as we speak, haha!
I agree with slim, small ball prevails again! I told everyone they would bunt Paintsville into the offseason.
Commanche Wrote:I agree with slim, small ball prevails again! I told everyone they would bunt Paintsville into the offseason.

You were right and really I don't understand why Paintsville didn't prepare for that a little more than they did. You have a slow pitcher, a slow first baseman, all they have to do is keep the bunts away from 3rd and they are good to go. There is no way those two could consistently make the plays needed to win a small ball game. It could be different with Shepherd on the mound, but I still feel like JC will pull it out.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why wouldn't they pitch Parker? Isn't he ther #2? I guess they also have Dillon Baldwin as well. He seems to pitch well. Regardless, I don't see LC putting too many runs up on the board and I think after watching how they responded to Mike Hall putting pressure on them with small, that will most likely be there game plan as well. I guess one thing bad against LC is there coaching against two head coaches now that SC is out, haha! I would say both Hall brothers are going over game plans with each other as we speak, haha!

Well, unless I missed something last night, I didn't see Parker at the game. So, I don't know if it will be Parker.
OutsideLogic Wrote:Well, unless I missed something last night, I didn't see Parker at the game. So, I don't know if it will be Parker.

Where was he?
ATVrider Wrote:Where was he?
I didn't see Parker either...where was he last night?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You were right and really I don't understand why Paintsville didn't prepare for that a little more than they did. You have a slow pitcher, a slow first baseman, all they have to do is keep the bunts away from 3rd and they are good to go. There is no way those two could consistently make the plays needed to win a small ball game. It could be different with Shepherd on the mound, but I still feel like JC will pull it out.

JRS....you crack me up!!
Gatortater Wrote:JRS....you crack me up!!

I didnt mean it as a knock on Austin. He is one of the better "pitchers" in this region, and I did say "pitcher." The 15th has many throwers, but Austin is a pitcher and a very good one. All I meant was that with him as well as Rice over on first its obvious what the game plan was going to be. I just didnt think they(coaches) did a good job preparing against the small ball game. They have done it for 3 years now. Austin has a bright future and I wish him luck. He is a great pitcher and an even better kid, and I hope for nothing but the best for hm. I did no way mean to knock hiim in anyway.
ATVrider Wrote:Where was he?

I heard he was sick with a fever.
Pretty sure LC drilled the ball of Parker a while back....
After him who do they have? No one!
LC wins 8-2
Triple Crown Wrote:Pretty sure LC drilled the ball of Parker a while back....
LC wins 8-2

So Parker was the pitcher LC scored their 5 runs off of that game? Does Jeremy Stacy still pitch?
Lawrence County has this win in the bag tonight. Lawrence County wil have its third district win in three years.

Lawrence County will win 5 to 3 tonight

J Centreal should just be prepared for the region, because there chances of winning the district are zero to none.

:1: Lawrence County-District Champs
LC wins 8-2

Same situation LC is in when they don't have Shepherd...one of JC's best pitchers (probably would be THE best) pitcher on the staff is still recovering from surgery...that one is Nick Vance. It will be interesting to see what JC does tonight.
Should be a godd one I will the Dawgs 5 - 2.
IRISH4 Wrote:Same situation LC is in when they don't have Shepherd...one of JC's best pitchers (probably would be THE best) pitcher on the staff is still recovering from surgery...that one is Nick Vance. It will be interesting to see what JC does tonight.

How is Nick recovering?
Lawrence by 3 runs.
LC wins 8-2
Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OutsideLogic Wrote:How is Nick recovering?

Nick is throwing, but is still limited as far as distance and length of time. He will be ready for next season.

Also, congratulations to Brad VanHoose for being the tournament MVP with 2 wins this week.