Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. Central's Bert Browne on the move?
I heard from several sources last week that Perry Central Football coach Bert Browne could be headed to Murray State University in the fall as their Quarterbacks Coach. Has anyone else heard this?
I have not heard this, but that would be a great move for him, right? Going from High School to the College level...
If he was going wouldn't he be gone already of leaving as soon as the semester was over.
NO, PCC is not out of school yet... He still has a job, I believe at Perry County Central
Im the one that hears all this stuff first. Thats why I post it. Browne may opt out of the Murray State deal and go to the Dallas Cowboys as offensive coordinator. AND NO I DONT WANT BROWNE OUT! He may be the best coach PCC has had other than Jason Chappell has has to be the best.
I really don't care who starts a thread or starts what you hear... I don't care about Bert Browne or anything else. If you hear it, then tell it brother..
Bert is a finalist for the Murray State, QB coaching job. He will have to make a big choice whether to load up and head to the college ranks, which is all he wants, and will have to leave all this high school stuff behind where he calls all the shots and go to work under someone else. Don't know if he is capable of that or not. Good luck where ever he ends up.
That's a major accomplishment if he gets the job at Murray State...
Did Murray State become a good job all of the sudden? Just because it's a college job doesn't make it a good job.
Probably better than the high school stuff he has to put up with right now.
I mean it's a stepping stone if he eventually wants to go to EKU, which I think is his ultimate goal
I will tell you that IF you go from college to high school all the time, there's a problem.
He brought PCC back to a football contender. Leaving would this school back in there program.
Good Luck
If the money is right he will leave.
More money in High school than at Murray State position coach.

I don't see PCC being a contender? What are you contending for?
I just got off the phone with Coach Browne and he said he was not taking the job at Murray State. He said he was probably going to go to Coastal Carolina and be the O Coordinator there. He said he wants to go somewhere that is warm and to a state that actually has some Athletes! He also said he was tired of losing to Hazard every year as well.
There you have it from Warmachine, even though PCC will NEVER play Hazard again in sports, Bert Browne is tired of loosing to Hazard....

I talked with a teacher at PCC last night and she informed me that she would give Murray State one **** of a reference for Bert to get him the **** out of PCC. She said that all the players and their families are tired of hearing that Bert is always looking to leave year after year. They want someone that wants to be their coach and someone who is not looking to leave year after year...
I think Bert Brown is a legend in his own mind.
Qb coach, OC, give me a break. He is not even the best coach in his own town.
Did Bert resign last night during the PCC and Hazard baseball game?
Hasn't resigned yet, due to not getting hired anywhere else, but is always looking. I'm sure he will put in for the Belfry job.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Hasn't resigned yet, due to not getting hired anywhere else, but is always looking. I'm sure he will put in for the Belfry job.

He hasn't proven anything to me yet?
you mean as belfry's defensive cordinator?
To Whom It May Concern:
To Everybody that is worried about whether Bert Browne is leaving or not, I just got off the phone with him and this is no B.S. as some of the previous posts have implied they have talked with him. Bert Browne is NOT going anywhere this year, he has NOT interviewed NOR applied for any job openings. His main concern is to get the Perry Central Commodores ready for the upcoming football season. In saying this, IF the right opportunity was presented to improve on his football coaching career, as would any coach do, the only move he is interested in at this particular time is the College Ranks....which he left in order to return to Perry Central before. For any of you that wishes he was leaving, you must wait another season. The ones who want him to stay will get their wish (at least for one more year). Until someone approaches him, per Bert Browne (quote) "The only thing I am interested in is to be a part of Perry Central's Football program becoming a successful football program." Hope this answers any questions some of you may have regarding Bert Browne's future at PCCHS.
Why was my post deleted?
What about Shelby Valley? I hear that it may be open. :devilflam
Bert Browne is THE MAN!