Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunbar 13 Letcher Co. Central 3 5 Innings
Final from Dunbar!

Congrats Bulldogs
Congrats Dunbar.
Congrats Dunbar!
Congrats Dunbar
Cougars were up 2-1 going into the bottom of the third before 2 walks, a hit batter and an error started the Dunbar rally that led things to the final score..Congrats Dunbar and Cougars..OUR SEASON BEGINS NOW!!!!!!!!
Congrats Dunbar
this kind of game will help get the cougars ready for the post season. With two loses to KCC I think they need to play there best game of baseball to win district. If they are runners up, I think it will put them in a big hole.
cougarpride08 Wrote:this kind of game will help get the cougars ready for the post season. With two loses to KCC I think they need to play there best game of baseball to win district. If they are runners up, I think it will put them in a big hole.

The luck of the regional draw is much more important than whether you come out a winner or runner-up.
2001- Hazard - 54th runner-up, regional champions. They got opposite of Lee County who had to face Perry Central in the semi-finals.
2005- Perry Cent. - 54th runner-up, regional champions. They got opposite of Powell County who had to face Leslie County in the semi-finals.

Baseball is about pitching match-ups. If you have to use your #1 to get to the championship game and the team you are facing still has their ace available (but may not be as strong)...good pitching beats good hitting.
So true. In baseball it all comes down to pitching. Who ever has more depth will have a better shot to win. The draw can really play a huge role as to when a team must use their top guy.