Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAU-Virgie 40 South Floyd 39.
This was a very good game. South Floyd came out shooting extremely well. But Virgie came through in the end.
who all plays for South Floyd?
What age group is this?
MisterPerfect Wrote:What age group is this?

7th grade age group. This game was played at Dorton.

Don't know all the names for South Floyd, but I do know Thornsbury and Daniels. I will have to look at our book to see the rest of the players' names.
South Floyds team consists of Tyler Daniels, Corey Thornsburry, Jimmy Helton, Dalton Maldonado, Andrew Tacket, Matt Caudill. The Raiders have very good shooters at guards and two big post players. When they get hot its hard to stop.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:7th grade age group. This game was played at Dorton.

Don't know all the names for South Floyd, but I do know Thornsbury and Daniels. I will have to look at our book to see the rest of the players' names.

Can you get some stats.:1:
BigBlueRush Wrote:Can you get some stats.:1:

I have the scoring stats from the game they played against us before they played Virgie, but we didn't keep the book in the Virgie/SF game. SF kept the book that game.
If you dont mind will you post those. Who would dyou consider to be the best players in the raiders lineup.
BigBlueRush Wrote:If you dont mind will you post those. Who would dyou consider to be the best players in the raiders lineup.

I left the scorebook in my classroom at school, but I will do the best I can.

Daniels 10 points
2 guard/small forward 9 points (sorry, don't remember his name)
Thornsbury 6 points

The other 2 points I am not sure of.

In both games we have played, Daniels has hurt us. Our big boy blocked a lot more of his shots in this last game though. In the first game Daniels had 21 and our big boy had 9. In this last game our big boy had 22.

For us:

Cody Belter 22 points
Jesse Lucas 7 points
Estil Bentley 5 points
Zach Cantrell 4 points
Zach Huffman 3 points

I actually like several of SF's players. I like Daniels because of his size and athleticism. I like Thornsbury because of his shooting ability and his physical play (he looks like a grown man). I really like the point guard as well. Not sure of the number of the other guard/forward, but he shoots the ball well. Maldonado looked pretty good at times also.
Dorton is solid. If there outside shots are falling, they are tough.

Virgie is exceptional at every position. Good Depth. Richardson is going to be a good one, if not great.

South Floyd is without their 2 starting guards for next year probably, in Austin Bailey and Blake Dean. Also, Zac Hall has only played one game. But, with thier inside prescence and outside shooters, they will be tough to handle.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Dorton is solid. If there outside shots are falling, they are tough.

Virgie is exceptional at every position. Good Depth. Richardson is going to be a good one, if not great.

South Floyd is without their 2 starting guards for next year probably, in Austin Bailey and Blake Dean. Also, Zac Hall has only played one game. But, with thier inside prescence and outside shooters, they will be tough to handle.

I thought Richardson looked really good in the 2nd half of the SF game. He knocked down several 3 pointers.
well i thought it would be a good game but when virgies offense gets going its hard to beat
wildcat1323 Wrote:well i thought it would be a good game but when virgies offense gets going its hard to beat

Yea, they hit some nice shots it was a very good game.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I left the scorebook in my classroom at school, but I will do the best I can.

Daniels 10 points
2 guard/small forward 9 points (sorry, don't remember his name)
Thornsbury 6 points

The other 2 points I am not sure of.

In both games we have played, Daniels has hurt us. Our big boy blocked a lot more of his shots in this last game though. In the first game Daniels had 21 and our big boy had 9. In this last game our big boy had 22.

For us:

Cody Belter 22 points
Jesse Lucas 7 points
Estil Bentley 5 points
Zach Cantrell 4 points
Zach Huffman 3 points

I actually like several of SF's players. I like Daniels because of his size and athleticism. I like Thornsbury because of his shooting ability and his physical play (he looks like a grown man). I really like the point guard as well. Not sure of the number of the other guard/forward, but he shoots the ball well. Maldonado looked pretty good at times also.

the 2 guard/small forwards name is Jimmy Helton he is a very good shooter and doesnt miss many when he gets hot.
BigBlueRush Wrote:the 2 guard/small forwards name is Jimmy Helton he is a very good shooter and doesnt miss many when he gets hot.

Yes he is a very good shooter. We would like to play a couple more games with SF. My boys really enjoyed it.
Who does most of the scoring for all three teams....I would think that the 6'9 guy would do it for dorton..but what about the sf team and Virgie's team?
I plan to watch some of the games between these to teams. Both teams have great sportsmanship and are pretty good. There pretty evenly matched except for height i hear belter is around 6'9. The dorton pg seems to be a great player and following in his cousins foot steps. He is definitely a floor general.
BigBlueRush Wrote:I plan to watch some of the games between these to teams. Both teams have great sportsmanship and are pretty good. There pretty evenly matched except for height i hear belter is around 6'9. The dorton pg seems to be a great player and following in his cousins foot steps. He is definitely a floor general.

Yes, these teams are pretty evenly matched. Belter is just under 6'9". He still has a lot of work to do, but has great footwork and hands which are both key to being a good big man. When he gets stronger he will be hard to stop. The point guard is Jesse Lucas (1st cousin of Elisha Justice). He is a really good leader and once he grows a little, he will be much tougher.

I really liked the defensive intensity that SF showed, especially in the 4th quarter of the last game.
Does Dalton Richardson play? I think thats his name. For Virgie?
Dalton plays for Virgie. He has really been working on his shot as of late and it showed the other night. Virgie hit 7 or 8 threes the other night which is pretty good considering they only shot around 14. When Johns Johnson gets back healthy it will really help Virgie. This was his first game back from surgery.
yes new o, "big john johnson" is hard to stop once he gets going , bowling is a pure shooter and also andrew newsome is a terrific rebounder but the leader of this team is dalton richardson he is very atheletic and scores points in bunches he will be great in the future.
How is dalton m & tyler d kid doing with sf i thought they played for BL. Well it sound like tyler has been doing good from this thread.
Mr.Carter Wrote:How is dalton m & tyler d kid doing with sf i thought they played for BL. Well it sound like tyler has been doing good from this thread.

I think both are doing pretty well. Daniels has been tough in the games that we've played against them.
What pos. do these 2 play
daniels-center maldonado-shooting/point guard.
South Floyd plays Virgie and Dorton tommorow early in the morning. i think around 11.
BigBlueRush Wrote:South Floyd plays Virgie and Dorton tommorow early in the morning. i think around 11.

Virgie at 10

Dorton at 11
Virgie and Dorton defeated SF by around 27 points each game. Thornsberry did not play for SF. Virgie and Dorton both looked sharp. Combined they should be a very good team in high school.
new o Wrote:Virgie and Dorton defeated SF by around 27 points each game. Thornsberry did not play for SF. Virgie and Dorton both looked sharp. Combined they should be a very good team in high school.

They should be pretty good. South Floyd kind of deserved it. Although the game wasn't reffed very fair. Plus reffs didnt show any respect at all for sf players. Comments were made that shouldntve been by officials.:rules:
SF players were not shown any disrespect from anyone. The SF players argued among themselves and with their parents most of the game.