Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
57th District Tournament
Who does everyone think will win the 57th? Is Johnson Central the host?
OutsideLogic Wrote:Who does everyone think will win the 57th? Is Johnson Central the host?

Yes, JC is the host. The play in game is Monday and a doubleheader on Tuesday, with the championship on Thursday.
Lawrence county will probably wind up versing Johnson Centreal for the 57th District Championship. It will be close, but Lawrence county should take the District for the third year in a roll.

:1:
Where is the tournament being held? I mean seeing how JC doesn't have a field and all?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Where is the tournament being held? I mean seeing how JC doesn't have a field and all?

Oh they are having it at JC and from what I was told they were still bringing in dirt as of yesterday to fill in low spots.. they said the outfield was going to be like play on just dirt with no grass.. I dont know why they didnt try to move it to a different site for the safety of the kids.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Oh they are having it at JC and from what I was told they were still bringing in dirt as of yesterday to fill in low spots.. they said the outfield was going to be like play on just dirt with no grass.. I dont know why they didnt try to move it to a different site for the safety of the kids.

That sounds really silly to do. I dont understand that at all?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That sounds really silly to do. I dont understand that at all?
Yea I understand how when its your turn to host that you should but when the field isnt ready why risk injury....Which I dont understand why it has taken them two years to get there field ready for play,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The field is not as bad as it seems. I worked a JV game they played there Tuesday nite just to see how the field would do, and was surprised how well it played. The worst areas were the grass just outside of the batter's circle and behind home plate. I think it will be fine once they finish touching up a few spots. Everything else is ready...seating, lights, scoreboard, PA, concessions, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Oh they are having it at JC and from what I was told they were still bringing in dirt as of yesterday to fill in low spots.. they said the outfield was going to be like play on just dirt with no grass.. I dont know why they didnt try to move it to a different site for the safety of the kids.

Man I must be really blind because that green stuff really looked and felt like grass!:thatsfunn Yes there are a few spots that are not as full as it should be but other than that it can be played on. I guess you will get your turn next year and hopefully it will be Lyons vs Shepherd in the play in game!:Thumbs:
Eagle Eye Wrote:Man I must be really blind because that green stuff really looked and felt like grass!:thatsfunn Yes there are a few spots that are not as full as it should be but other than that it can be played on. I guess you will get your turn next year and hopefully it will be Lyons vs Shepherd in the play in game!:Thumbs:
What were they thinking?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was there last night and it looked like they had been digging holes in the outfield. What was the Ring Em Up? I didn't walk out on the field just looked at it from outside the fence.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Man I must be really blind because that green stuff really looked and felt like grass!:thatsfunn Yes there are a few spots that are not as full as it should be but other than that it can be played on. I guess you will get your turn next year and hopefully it will be Lyons vs Shepherd in the play in game!:Thumbs:

Well if its ready to play then fine I was going on word of someone that was up there yesterday and was told they were still bringing in dirt to fill low spots... And i doubt LC will be in the play in game next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well if its ready to play then fine I was going on word of someone that was up there yesterday and was told they were still bringing in dirt to fill low spots... And i doubt LC will be in the play in game next year.
Does Travis have a secret ability at drawing out good numbers or sumthin? You should have as much doubt about them being in it as anyone.

Logic, I was referring to the deal about LC being in the play in game next year. Why in the world they would go for a draw?
Is that what you were asking me?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Does Travis have a secret ability at drawing out good numbers or sumthin? You should have as much doubt about them being in it as anyone.

Logic, I was referring to the deal about LC being in the play in game next year. Why in the world they would go for a draw?
Is that what you were asking me?

Well I had not heard anything about them wanting to draw instead of seeding next year.. If thats the case that was just right down crazy to want to draw instead of seeding esp with the team we have coming back next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Surely Lawrence did not revert back to that stupid stuff from the past and vote to draw again?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:The field is not as bad as it seems. I worked a JV game they played there Tuesday nite just to see how the field would do, and was surprised how well it played. The worst areas were the grass just outside of the batter's circle and behind home plate. I think it will be fine once they finish touching up a few spots. Everything else is ready...seating, lights, scoreboard, PA, concessions, etc.
Even with everything not being 100% complete, I still think that at this point in time that it is still the second best field in the district. It is really not that bad at all.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Even with everything not being 100% complete, I still think that at this point in time that it is still the second best field in the district. It is really not that bad at all.

Does anyone have the actual brackets of who plays who and when?
Dawg@heart Wrote:Does anyone have the actual brackets of who plays who and when?

Here ya go.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_89057
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Surely Lawrence did not revert back to that stupid stuff from the past and vote to draw again?
Apparently. 3-2 is the vote total I got. Is that what you gathered tonite at the game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Apparently. 3-2 is the vote total I got. Is that what you gathered tonite at the game?

The story according to a radio personality was that Mike Hall brought up drawing for next year, while David Gibson promptly seconded it. THEN Travis Feltner cast the 3rd and deciding vote to draw, with Johnson Central and Paintsville voting to seed .

Why would next season's district favorite vote to draw? You would think that someone could remember the two stright years when they were in the 64th district when they had Stevie Blevins and Michael Compton, and were beaten out by Boyd Co. in the first round on the district. They were not only the district favorites in 2004 and 2005 but also the 16th region favorites. I just cant understand the reasoning at all.
Looks like the 57th now has three pansies in the district now.
No it looks like you are on here talking where you dont know what your talking about. The thing is that coaches have to do what gives thier school the best opportunity to make it to regionals. Fact is this, for Magoffin and Sheldon Clark this is the only logical thing to do. I however dont believe that Lawrence would have voted for the draw had Paintsville not requested to change from one seeding game in district to double headers where both count as seeded games. And to be quite honest the only reason JC or Paintsville wanted to change it to 2 games is because they both know in the years to come that they wont be able to beat Chandler... Thats it, its that simple. As for LC why take the chance to play 2 games and wind up a 3 seed when they can just throw thier # 2 against Magoffin and Sheldon Clark and have a great chance of winning and then jsut save Chandler for JC and Paintsville every year in districts. Its not stupid its actually smart. People need to remember we are doing what is best for our schools not necessarliy what makes our district look the strongest.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:No it looks like you are on here talking where you dont know what your talking about. The thing is that coaches have to do what gives thier school the best opportunity to make it to regionals. Fact is this, for Magoffin and Sheldon Clark this is the only logical thing to do. I however dont believe that Lawrence would have voted for the draw had Paintsville not requested to change from one seeding game in district to double headers where both count as seeded games. And to be quite honest the only reason JC or Paintsville wanted to change it to 2 games is because they both know in the years to come that they wont be able to beat Chandler... Thats it, its that simple. As for LC why take the chance to play 2 games and wind up a 3 seed when they can just throw thier # 2 against Magoffin and Sheldon Clark and have a great chance of winning and then jsut save Chandler for JC and Paintsville every year in districts. Its not stupid its actually smart. People need to remember we are doing what is best for our schools not necessarliy what makes our district look the strongest.
Well it's kinda like this as well. Just because any particular school suggested that the format be changed from a seeded single game to a seeded double header does not mean that that is automaticly the way it will be, does it? That would still have to be voted on and carried by a 3 vote majority margin. Key word here is MAJORITY. You still have to have that to change anything. Even if JC and Paintsville did request something like that it would still be voted down by a 2-3 margin. Correct? Just vote that aspect down, and stay with the single game concept if that is what they prefer. Really a very simple solution.

Your bucket is not holding water. All you have done is come up with a very flimsy excuse , and not one very well thought out considering that you are trying to use it as a rebuttal. Perhaps you assumed that everybody else was dumb enough to just take your excuse as the gospel.

What was the rationale for Lawrence voting to draw when they were in the 64th when they clearly had all of the studs then? Were they doing what was best for their school to make it to the regionals? Quite the opposite. It justs seems that this train of thought is still going on. I'm still trying to figure out what is so SMART about it. It makes absolutely ZERO sense. All it did was send Lawrence Co. home early for two straight years.

As far as anyone fearing Shephard, he is not feared any more than what Stevie Blevins was. Guess what, Stevie got beat.
What seems good about the draw is you don't have to schedule your district in regular season. Just see them in the district. What good would it be for Lawrence to play 4 weak teams when they can play in a tourney or some other competitive team for the next 2 years.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well it's kinda like this as well. Just because any particular school suggested that the format be changed from a seeded single game to a seeded double header does not mean that that is automaticly the way it will be, does it? That would still have to be voted on and carried by a 3 vote majority margin. Key word here is MAJORITY. You still have to have that to change anything. Even if JC and Paintsville did request something like that it would still be voted down by a 2-3 margin. Correct? Just vote that aspect down, and stay with the single game concept if that is what they prefer. Really a very simple solution.

Your bucket is not holding water. All you have done is come up with a very flimsy excuse , and not one very well thought out considering that you are trying to use it as a rebuttal. Perhaps you assumed that everybody else was dumb enough to just take your excuse as the gospel.

What was the rationale for Lawrence voting to draw when they were in the 64th when they clearly had all of the studs then? Were they doing what was best for their school to make it to the regionals? Quite the opposite. It justs seems that this train of thought is still going on. I'm still trying to figure out what is so SMART about it. It makes absolutely ZERO sense. All it did was send Lawrence Co. home early for two straight years.

As far as anyone fearing Shephard, he is not feared any more than what Stevie Blevins was. Guess what, Stevie got beat.

LC voting to draw is one of the craziest things I have seen in a long time. I thought they were done with all that? There is nothing good that comes out of it at all.
kdrn Wrote:What seems good about the draw is you don't have to schedule your district in regular season. Just see them in the district. What good would it be for Lawrence to play 4 weak teams when they can play in a tourney or some other competitive team for the next 2 years.

It may just be me, but I would really think that you would want to play your strong district teams as much as you can so you know more of their tendencies when they play you. You are more apt to getting upset if you go the entire year without seeing the team you are going to play in the post season. Then you basically know nothing about them, they are just a team that is new to you. You won't have any pitching charts on them, no spray charts, you won't have any idea how they pitch to your hitters? Explain to me how that is better not playing them? I just don't understand that way of thinking.
kdrn Wrote:What seems good about the draw is you don't have to schedule your district in regular season. Just see them in the district. What good would it be for Lawrence to play 4 weak teams when they can play in a tourney or some other competitive team for the next 2 years.
Uhhhh, I believe one of those teams that you are calling weak not only beat Lawrence Co., but beat Shepherd as well with a pitcher that shut Lawrence down. Guess what? He'll be baaaaaack.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Uhhhh, I believe one of those teams that you are calling weak not only beat Lawrence Co., but beat Shepherd as well with a pitcher that shut Lawrence down. Guess what? He'll be baaaaaack.

Lawrence County is not an unbeatable team as we all seen from the Paintsville game, and also now that Conley is healthy and pitching again it should make for a very interesting district tournament. All three of those teams have a pitcher who can hold the other to a low scoring game. I mean think about it, Johnson Central whooped Paintsville's ace, Paintsville beat Lawrence County's ace and Lawrence County beat Johnson Central, but didn't beat Central's ace. So where does that leave us? All three are as equal as the next. Central is playing good, Paintsville has slacked off a little and Lawrence has had a very down year, and I think going into the district tournament it is completely a toss up? I wouldn't throw money on one team this year for nothing.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:No it looks like you are on here talking where you dont know what your talking about. The thing is that coaches have to do what gives thier school the best opportunity to make it to regionals. Fact is this, for Magoffin and Sheldon Clark this is the only logical thing to do. I however dont believe that Lawrence would have voted for the draw had Paintsville not requested to change from one seeding game in district to double headers where both count as seeded games. And to be quite honest the only reason JC or Paintsville wanted to change it to 2 games is because they both know in the years to come that they wont be able to beat Chandler... Thats it, its that simple. As for LC why take the chance to play 2 games and wind up a 3 seed when they can just throw thier # 2 against Magoffin and Sheldon Clark and have a great chance of winning and then jsut save Chandler for JC and Paintsville every year in districts. Its not stupid its actually smart. People need to remember we are doing what is best for our schools not necessarliy what makes our district look the strongest.
After taking the time and reading your post I would like to take back my last statement. I believe that the 57 now has three extremly gutless pansies in the district now. For years Mike Hall and David Gibson have been spewing this garbage about the draw being whats best for there school and now Feltner is doing the same thing. Bottom line is the draw is for pansies! We all have known for quiet some time that Gibson and Hall needed to man up but I'm still shocked that Feltner joined there little pitty party.
Don Carlo Wrote:After taking the time and reading your post I would like to take back my last statement. I believe that the 57 now has three extremly gutless pansies in the district now. For years Mike Hall and David Gibson have been spewing this garbage about the draw being whats best for there school and now Feltner is doing the same thing. Bottom line is the draw is for pansies! We all have known for quiet some time that Gibson and Hall needed to man up but I'm still shocked that Feltner joined there little pitty party.

Mike Hall and Gibson have no choice. They dont have the feeder system that Paintsville, JC, and LC have. Dont blame them for trying to get their kids in the region. If Mike Hall had the feeder system those three have, you would all be playing for second anyway. I dont agree with his ways but he is the best coach in the region as far as teaching goes. He takes very little talent and develops it by the time they are seniors, better than anyone. As far as LC goes, I agree whole heartedly, LC should never vote anyway other than to seed. I know they are thinking the 2 and 3 seeds have tough way out, but the rest of the region has to play the 57th winner and runner up to win region every year. I dont understand the thought process.