Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitino Money Exorter In Trouble
If it is proved that Pitino got this woman pregnant and then payed her to get an abortion as the sign suggests then his career is over. Im just glad this didnt blow up when he was coaching at UK.
There are always 2 sides to every story---But I can't support Pitino after forming my opinion on what happened. Let's see how this story unfolds.
I agree with EKUALUM, why is their a double standard in the media? Especially the media in the Louisville market/area? I will go back and talk about the Chuck Hayes incident, they did not have a problem with reporting alleged incidents back then, where was the proof back then? It was he said, she said and eventually the lady came forward and admitted to lying, this whole incident if I remember correctly almost cost Chuck Hayes his NBA future..... The courier Journal or ESPN did not have a problem with reporting ALLEGATIONS back then when it involved a Kentucky player....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Not illegal at all... but Pitino is a devout Catholic and that is DEFINATELY not what the Catholic Church stands for and definately not becoming of one of the iconic figures in college basketball. It's not what the sign sas BTW, it is who is holding that sign and why the C-J chose to cut it out.

I want to reitterate my complaint in this matter is not so much Pitino's actions. They are appauling and despicable, but they are personal and who are we to judge and question his job security over such. My complaint is the double standad the media has eld on this issue including prominent talking heads like Demling, Clay, Bozich, and above all other Pat Forde. Instead of telling the full story they have chose not to take the risk of being ostracized by Pitino and Jurich, yet they have no problem reporting on college athlete's without getting all the facts. Forde is especially troubling because he had the opportunity to break this story full circle and chose not to. Forde is widely known as being one of the best investigative reporters in the country, and has proven to out people with wreckless abandon to their status and families. Yet, when it involves the most conic figure at the school he most closely follows he chooses to take a pass. It is the epitome of a double standard.

Who said he had the abortion and not her...who said he had an affair....the woman took the lie detector test....
theVILLE Wrote:Who said he had the abortion and not her...who said he had an affair....the woman took the lie detector test....

You are grasping at straws now... Sypher just didn't decide "hey I am going to try to get millions from this guy with absolutely no merit to go by".

Pitino had an affair with her, Pitino got her pregnant and knew that the complications of a child out of wed-lock would never work for him.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are grasping at straws now... Sypher just didn't decide "hey I am going to try to get millions from this guy with absolutely no merit to go by".

Pitino had an affair with her, Pitino got her pregnant and knew that the complications of a child out of wed-lock would never work for him.

And you know this how? Not so fast my friend! With all due respect, you already jumped to incorrect conclusions in this ordeal:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=28

Nobody knows the facts yet except the parties involved. The rest of us have to wait and see.
jetpilot Wrote:And you know this how? Not so fast my friend! With all due respect, you already jumped to incorrect conclusions in this ordeal:

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=28

Nobody knows the facts yet except the parties involved. The rest of us have to wait and see.

How can it be jumping to conclusions when I clearly state that there just are some things that don't add up and look suspicous?

My original assertation was that it was going to be an ugly mess for all parties and I think I was pretty dead on with that.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How can it be jumping to conclusions when I clearly state that there just are some things that don't add up and look suspicous?

My original assertation was that it was going to be an ugly mess for all parties and I think I was pretty dead on with that.

<<First and foremost there is nothing definitive except opening shots by all parties involved.On a sidenote TheVille..I have heard the same thing as the original poster buit the major outlets are reluctant to break this story until more info comes to light. They break this story and it is not factually merited and they get sued for ALOT of money.

Everything I have heard thusfar is that this is a big ugly mess for all parties involved. I may be a diehard UK fan but I will always respect Pitino as a coach and what he has done for UK's program and for the entire state of Kentucky. My ultimate hope is that Pitino can keep his head above the water and come out of this no worse for wear. It is easy to wish bad stuff on UL (VERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY EASY ACTUALLY :biggrinSmile, but the truth of the matter is that it is better for the entire state if this provs to nly b a personal matter.

But, there are a few things that make this a very volatile, and confusing situation:

1. Why would the FBI get involved for what Pitino was painting simply as an extortion case? Extortion can easily be handled at all levels below Federal. The FBI wouldn't be involved if this was extortion exclusively, there has to be some more serious allegations with enough substantial merit to warrant an investigation.

2. Even before Pitino's public statement there were rumblings of point shaving on message boards and the "source" was supposedly someone from within the institution.

3. Pitino's son coincidentally takes a job at Florida with Pitino's protege Donovan before all this breaks. Maybe making sure his son has a job when all this is said and done?

As I said, I hope this does not prove to be as treacherous as it is initially appearing. But, on a side note it will sure shutup all the UL fans who were quick to diffuse their jealousy of UK hiring Calipari by attacking his character.:biggrin:>>

You said the FBI wouldn't get involved if this was extortion exclusively, which turned out to be wrong. You implied point shaving which turned out to be way off base. Then you implied that he got his son a job at Florida so he would be sure he had a job after all was said and done. That proved to be false. Other than all that you were right on.:biggrin:

You did say it was an ugly mess but everyone already knew that.
^ Great post JP
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are grasping at straws now... Sypher just didn't decide "hey I am going to try to get millions from this guy with absolutely no merit to go by".

LINK please or is the link linked to your head and no logiacl proof...allright he may had an affair but that was 5 years ago...if then....
jetpilot Wrote:<<First and foremost there is nothing definitive except opening shots by all parties involved.On a sidenote TheVille..I have heard the same thing as the original poster buit the major outlets are reluctant to break this story until more info comes to light. They break this story and it is not factually merited and they get sued for ALOT of money.

Everything I have heard thusfar is that this is a big ugly mess for all parties involved. I may be a diehard UK fan but I will always respect Pitino as a coach and what he has done for UK's program and for the entire state of Kentucky. My ultimate hope is that Pitino can keep his head above the water and come out of this no worse for wear. It is easy to wish bad stuff on UL (VERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY EASY ACTUALLY :biggrinSmile, but the truth of the matter is that it is better for the entire state if this provs to nly b a personal matter.

But, there are a few things that make this a very volatile, and confusing situation:

1. Why would the FBI get involved for what Pitino was painting simply as an extortion case? Extortion can easily be handled at all levels below Federal. The FBI wouldn't be involved if this was extortion exclusively, there has to be some more serious allegations with enough substantial merit to warrant an investigation.

2. Even before Pitino's public statement there were rumblings of point shaving on message boards and the "source" was supposedly someone from within the institution.

3. Pitino's son coincidentally takes a job at Florida with Pitino's protege Donovan before all this breaks. Maybe making sure his son has a job when all this is said and done?

As I said, I hope this does not prove to be as treacherous as it is initially appearing. But, on a side note it will sure shutup all the UL fans who were quick to diffuse their jealousy of UK hiring Calipari by attacking his character.:biggrin:>>

You said the FBI wouldn't get involved if this was extortion exclusively, which turned out to be wrong. You implied point shaving which turned out to be way off base. Then you implied that he got his son a job at Florida so he would be sure he had a job after all was said and done. That proved to be false. Other than all that you were right on.:biggrin:

Ok before I say anything else...I am not jealous of Cal....and extortion is a federal crime look it up
theVILLE Wrote:Ok before I say anything else...I am not jealous of Cal....and extortion is a federal crime look it up

Alright Ville, you have not been lying to me, you have been studying.... LOL, I am very proud of you :Thumbs:
no one has been convicted of anything yet which includes Pitino's alledged violations or any extortion by his girlfriend.
according to my wife and yes, she is a criminal prosecutor for the Commonwealth Attorney Office. Extortion can be prosecuted on the state level, where it crosses into Federal when they use the Telephone, Fax Machine or any other lines that crosses federal guidelines. Wire Transfers, Bank Transfers, making threats on the cell phone or making any attempts to destroy someones image by asking for money, (Blackmail)
Pitino's name and reputation can be ruined if the media would report the full story like EKUAlum said.

This is more than just a simple affair.
jetpilot Wrote:<<

I'll man up and concede the FBI getting involved point, although who is to say for certain that the case is still "only extortion". Until the court rules we won't know what has truly went on for sure.

But on the stuff I "implied" I never said these were clearly signs of guilt by any means, I pointed out that they were enough to raise questions. By no means is that "implying" guilt, simply racing concern of the issue.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'll man up and concede the FBI getting involved point, although who is to say for certain that the case is still "only extortion". Until the court rules we won't know what has truly went on for sure.

But on the stuff I "implied" I never said these were clearly signs of guilt by any means, I pointed out that they were enough to raise questions. By no means is that "implying" guilt, simply racing concern of the issue.

That's all I'm saying. Even the courts are wrong sometime though. It's possible that Pitino and the woman are the only ones who will ever know the truth. That's just how it goes with these he said/she said deals. But again, now you are jumping to the conclusion that Pitino had an affair with her and got her pregnant. You just can't assume those kinds of things, IMO.

On a side note, if you go around assuming women are telling the truth you are in for a world of hurt EKU!!!:biggrin:
Let's all just face the facts, something happened with Karen Sypher and Ricard Pitino in 2004, he screwed up and now she's trying to make him pay for his sins... This will come out in open court if this goes to trial, which according to her, it will
jetpilot Wrote:That's all I'm saying. Even the courts are wrong sometime though. It's possible that Pitino and the woman are the only ones who will ever know the truth. That's just how it goes with these he said/she said deals. But again, now you are jumping to the conclusion that Pitino had an affair with her and got her pregnant. You just can't assume those kinds of things, IMO.

On a side note, if you go around assuming women are telling the truth you are in for a world of hurt EKU!!!:biggrin:

:biggrin: It ain't a big deal as long as you convince them you are always telling the truth first HAHA