Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central '09 Better or worse?
Thoughts on the upcoming season for Central?

who do they lose?

what do they gain?
L.Central are you talking about Letcher Central?
louisville central
I think they are the top contenders for state champs.
Lose Cobble (DT, UK) and Wilson (LB,UK) and quite a few other defenders. Most of offense is back maybe 9 or 10 returning starters. Patterson (LB) is highly touted. Duncan (DT), Lewis (LB), Cowan (DE) will need to play good on defense to keep up the intensity. They should be more of an offensive strength next year than the past two. The defense has been the stronger point during those seasons.
There still the best football team not only in class 3a, but in classes 1-5. For sure
I hate to disagree but I would have to go classes 1-4. I am a fan of the Yellowjackets but they have lost to Highlands the past two years and I would say they are still a bit better than Central but Highlands isn't a bad team to be mentioned with.
If Breathitt doesnt look ahead and get knocked off in the playoffs, I think they will give Central one heck of a game.
C.Clair Wrote:If Breathitt doesnt look ahead and get knocked off in the playoffs, I think they will give Central one heck of a game.

have you ever even watched central play?
C.Clair Wrote:If Breathitt doesnt look ahead and get knocked off in the playoffs, I think they will give Central one heck of a game.

i agree with you belfry did that against you guys last year
I don't think looking ahead affected that game. I don't want to hear those excuses. We will be ready to make a run this year and won't say we over looked anybody if we get beat! I know we got to show up EVERY friday night
3A football should be really competitive this season.
Union co, E-town, Central, North Oldham, Mason co, Belfry and Breathitt all have great chances to play for a state title this season. It will be all in our the cards are played.

but Central should be the favorite, but not for the same reasons as seasons past. Its been all about defense the last couple of seasons, and while the D will be strong, it may get overshadowed by one of the states best offenses.

Major college recruits return across the board

QB Chris Kins
ATH Diaz Bolden
RB Ace Wales
TE Tim Patterson
WR Stepthan Robinson

and as most teams do, someone will arise from the dark for this team. After 06' they said no one could replace Tim Hughley, then after the champ team in 07'. they said no one could replace Banks, and Taylor. Who will be the players that become D1 recruits that were said to not be able to replace Cobble and Wilson.
King Leonidas Wrote:I don't think looking ahead affected that game. I don't want to hear those excuses. We will be ready to make a run this year and won't say we over looked anybody if we get beat! I know we got to show up EVERY friday night

sure it did they know they should have won by 2-3tds and should have but 4 turnovers when they was driving blew it..but could of should of wont win any games..with all that they lost by two.i wont agrue with you belfry was the better team they just blew it..
The Iceboxx Wrote:3A football should be really competitive this season.
Union co, E-town, Central, North Oldham, Mason co, Belfry and Breathitt all have great chances to play for a state title this season. It will be all in our the cards are played.

but Central should be the favorite, but not for the same reasons as seasons past. Its been all about defense the last couple of seasons, and while the D will be strong, it may get overshadowed by one of the states best offenses.

Major college recruits return across the board

QB Chris Kins
ATH Diaz Bolden
RB Ace Wales
TE Tim Patterson
WR Stepthan Robinson

and as most teams do, someone will arise from the dark for this team. After 06' they said no one could replace Tim Hughley, then after the champ team in 07'. they said no one could replace Banks, and Taylor. Who will be the players that become D1 recruits that were said to not be able to replace Cobble and Wilson.

I think the Breathitt Co. Bobcats have two D-1 college prospects also and a lot of unsung players that can play the game,Channing Fugate is a Mr Football type player D-1 player and Jade Haddix another D-1 prospect maybe be the best athlete on the team and maybe the strongest Qb/defensive back they have ever had benching 325 lbs not bad for a qb/db speed in low 4.6 in 40yds,and then you have the recievers like,R Huff,Z. Epperson and the super sophmore J. Fletcher,and a few players that has worked their butts off in weight room this spring,McKnight,Wolfe,Alex and Strong,Ritchie and many others working hard is what its all about so the Bobcats wont back down and if they get beat they will just get beat,making it to Bowling Green is their GOAL at this time and being ready to play each game and winning them and winning all play-off games is a must to be STATE CHAMPS....
Yes i do think we can beat the Yellow Jackets cause we are The BOBCATS....

:lmao: :please:
redcoach Wrote:I hate to disagree but I would have to go classes 1-4. I am a fan of the Yellowjackets but they have lost to Highlands the past two years and I would say they are still a bit better than Central but Highlands isn't a bad team to be mentioned with.

You are right. Highlands beat Central 28-0 last year. Kind of hard for Central to be the best team in 1-5 when a 5 team beats them by that margin.
They will be just as good as they have been the last 2 seasons with another state title in their hands.
Whether or not their record reflects it is yet to be seen because their schedule is again loaded. Their non district games are Seneca, Tates Creek, Ballard, Male, Manual, St.X, and PRP. That is a 3A school playing 7 - 6A teams. The key will be managing injuries to ensure that they are healthy going into the playoffs. Regardless of the win lose record I do not forsee a 3A team being able to give them anything they were unable to see in the regular season.
I see the record being maybe 7-3 going into the playoffs but i they are able to duplicate their offensive production vs. 3A schools (40+ points a game I predict a 3 peat.:1:
What kind of recieving crew do they have? Will they mostly run the ball.
i know they have one good receiver #5 Stephen robison but they didnt throw at all against union in the semi finals, king is more of a dual quarterback and a better runner than anything really.
Central may have the best group of talent in the state of ky next season, their o- line isnt exactly dominate, so they may not the best total offense, but as far as skill kids, no one can match what they have.

QB Chris King
RB Ace Wales
ATH Diaz Bolden
WR Stephon Robinson
TE Tim Patterson
WR Rico Allen
The Iceboxx Wrote:Central may have the best group of talent in the state of ky next season, their o- line isnt exactly dominate, so they may not the best total offense, but as far as skill kids, no one can match what they have.

QB Chris King
RB Ace Wales
ATH Diaz Bolden
WR Stephon Robinson
TE Tim Patterson
WR Rico Allen

King is fast, quick and shifty. He really impressed me with his running ability out of the qb spot last year (so did the other kid that sometimes played qb). King was a decent passer last year. Hopefully he has worked hard to improve his passing, as that will make him even more dangerous at the qb spot. Accurate passers that can also run the ball are a defensive coordinator's nightmare because the ability to run forces the down linemen to not be able to pin their ears back in passing situations and forces the linebackers to not drop so deep (which of course opens up the middle passing lanes).

Plus with Robison's speed, if King can develop more consistency with the long pass, they will be really able to stretch the field and spread out the defense. That will really put pressure on the defense. We all know about Patterson, although I don't recall him being much of a factor at the TE spot in the 4 games I watched them last year. I agree with you about Central's O line (or at least of what I saw last year). They were big (one of them was blooming HUGE) but they looked very slow and immobile. If they are going to be able to give King the time to throw the ball deep to Robison, they are really going to have to really improve their footspeed to better pass block. If the O line develops and if they can replace Cobble and Wilson (who I thought was a much better lber than Patterson last year) on D, the Yellow Jackets should be very, very good again this year. I wish they were still on Highlands schedule as I liked matching up with their athletes.
Iceboxx- I would probably switch Rico Allen and Gerald Young around. I think Rico is much better as a DB than a WR. He almost scored on an Int in the championship game. I also think that Gerald is more fluid in his movement.

#5 Robinson is being recruited by Illinois, UK, U of L, Oregon, and a few others, has 3 or 4 offers maybe more.