Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry - 55 Cawood -7
Belfry had a 27-0 1st Quarter lead and cruised to the win. Belfry passed for alot of TD's tonight, ran back a couple punts for TD's as well. I can't wait to see the stats for this one.

Congrats Pirates !!!!!:wenumber1
Belfry cruises. Good win.
At Middlesboro they said the final was 62-0 but guess they were wrong.
Another nice win for Belfry at playoff time. CONGRATS
Yeah, It's a date with Middlesboro next week at Pond Creek...

Jackets....prepare for war !!!!!
Good job Pirates. so does middlesboro go to belfry
Yep its at Belfry.
toolbox Wrote:Good job Pirates. so does middlesboro go to belfry

Yes....playing on the turf next week at the House that Haywood builtTongueirateSho
Belfry will win by at least 2 TD's guaranteed.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Belfry will win by at least 2 TD's guaranteed.

Hope your right. All Belfry has to do is play their game and they will win it. No room for mental mistakes....focus is the key....

Keep your eye on the prize boys !!!
ttt
So let me get this straight.....Matt Maynard ran back a kickoff for a TD, a punt for a TD, caught a TD pass, and ran one for a TD as well.
Coach Haywood should have let him throw one in just for kicks and giggles.

All jokes aside....How many kick returns (kickoff & punts) does Maynard have for the season?

I think he is pretty close to the single-season state record if he hasn't passed it already.

The entire team played pretty well tonight, but you got to consider the competition and work on things to get better. No more false starts, its playoff time and stuff like that will kill you. And we gotta toughen up against the run, period. Not that Cawood moved the ball well at all, but I still haven't forgot the letdown against Shelby Valley last week.

Focus on Middlesboro and lets move on to that Regional Final where the fun starts.
[Image: http://www.piratehaven.org/~beej/pirates/jollyleft.png]
Good Job Belfry!!!! Definately Pirate football tonite! It gets tougher from here, so dig deep boys....Louisville is about to get invaded by the Pond Creek Nation!!

TongueirateSho
HappyGilmore Wrote:So let me get this straight.....Matt Maynard ran back a kickoff for a TD, a punt for a TD, caught a TD pass, and ran one for a TD as well.
Coach Haywood should have let him throw one in just for kicks and giggles.

All jokes aside....How many kick returns (kickoff & punts) does Maynard have for the season?

I think he is pretty close to the single-season state record if he hasn't passed it already.

The entire team played pretty well tonight, but you got to consider the competition and work on things to get better. No more false starts, its playoff time and stuff like that will kill you. And we gotta toughen up against the run, period. Not that Cawood moved the ball well at all, but I still haven't forgot the letdown against Shelby Valley last week.

Focus on Middlesboro and lets move on to that Regional Final where the fun starts.

Matt Maynard is the man. I believe you said that he was the best back in the mountains hands down. Man I believe it. Week in and week out this kid gets it done. :rock:
Yeah, the small stuff is what belfry needs to work on. There's no room for mental mistakes in the playoffs if your against a team like Russell or Ft.Campbell.

Im sure we will get those things straightened up.

Matt is a beast...I cant say enough about him !!!!
i was off by 2 i said Belfry 50 plus in this one and i was close
toolbox Wrote:Matt Maynard is the man. I believe you said that he was the best back in the mountains hands down. Man I believe it. Week in and week out this kid gets it done. :rock:

I said best player in the mountains, but he may very well be the best back.

I stand by the best player in the mountains statement boldly. The kid can play some ball, just plays the game at a different speed than every AA opponent we have faced this year.

IMO, his best position is cornerback. He has all the tools to play that position at a very high level on Saturdays.

Height: 6'1
Weight: 180-185
Speed: 4.5 or better. Great stride, the farther the faster with Maynard.
Potential: He is pretty raw, only been playing high school football for two years. Tons & tons of athletic ability.

Really could be a steal for a mid-major college.Confusedhh:
HappyGilmore Wrote:I said best player in the mountains, but he may very well be the best back.

I stand by the best player in the mountains statement boldly. The kid can play some ball, just plays the game at a different speed than every AA opponent we have faced this year.

IMO, his best position is cornerback. He has all the tools to play that position at a very high level on Saturdays.

Height: 6'1
Weight: 180-185
Speed: 4.5 or better. Great stride, the farther the faster with Maynard.
Potential: He is pretty raw, only been playing high school football for two years. Tons & tons of athletic ability.

Really could be a steal for a mid-major college.Confusedhh:

:thumb: I cant argue with that. The kid plays on both sides of the ball superbly. I think he would be a steal as well :rock::rock:
One down....4 more to go!!!

Congratulations Belfry!!!!:Cheerlead

Cawood is a very classy team. They look to be a young team..not sure if they are..but appeared to be. I would like to wish them good luck next season.

I hate to say it, but I enjoyed the tailgating party with all my pals a little more than the game this Friday.:Hungry:

Speaking of Matt Maynard, here is a little trivia for ya...in one game Matt scored a TD 6 different ways...can anyone name the 6 different ways??? (Let's keep it clean too!:big grin: )
Did you eat a couple of Hot Dogs for me PP ??? I bet the food and the fellowship added to a great game......

I think the answer to the question is Prestonsburg...
BelfryPride Wrote:Did you eat a couple of Hot Dogs for me PP ??? I bet the food and the fellowship added to a great game......

I think the answer to the question is Prestonsburg...

Cheeseburgers actually BP...and the question was to name the 6 different ways..not the game...(because I don't remember which game it was in) LOL
Pirate Pal Wrote:Cheeseburgers actually BP...and the question was to name the 6 different ways..not the game...(because I don't remember which game it was in) LOL

Cheeseburgers....even better.

I misunderstood the question !...lol

Ummmmmm.....thats a good question...from what i remeber it was alot like tonight, with passes, interceptions, punt returns and a rushing TD ...
Matt scored 6 different ways...

1. A rush for a TD
2. A reception for a TD
3. An interception for a TD
4. A fumble recovery for a TD
5. A punt return for a Td
6. A kickoff return for a TD

Pretty impressive huh?!?!?!?
Pirate Pal Wrote:Matt scored 6 different ways...

1. A rush for a TD
2. A reception for a TD
3. A interception for a TD

:theman::theman::theman:
Pirate Pal Wrote:Matt scored 6 different ways...

1. A rush for a TD
2. A reception for a TD
3. A interception for a TD

Heck yah, he is the man !!!!:Thumbs: :rock:
belfry looked pretty sharp tonight against a very much outgunned cawood team. we just need to continue working on the details, it doesnt get any easier from here on out. maynard was firing on all cylinders tonight, he was unbelievable on kickoffs and had a great night running the ball. but the pirates have to remember who they were playing and not lose focus on the task at hand, middlesboro will be a much tougher opponent.
Matt Maynard is the real deal..... isn't Matt and Doug Howard 1st cousins?
Congrats Belfry Take it to the jackets you will kill this team, u are the better team.
[Image: http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/2358/...tle7je.jpg]I really want some of this water.:wieghts: :Cheerlead :wenumber1