• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 10 - Pike Co. Central 3
Worst called game ive ever seen.

2-2 until the 6th. Big crowd tonight
How so?
lets get some info?
Congrats Pikeville.
grats pikeville
Well like if...then said, it was tied 2-2 until the 6th inning. Pikeville has the bases loaded with 2 outs and Daniel Harmon at the plate with 2 balls and 2 strikes. Charels threw a curve ball that backed DH out of the box and dropped right in the pipe. Ump calls it a ball. 3 balls 2 strikes, fast ball on the inside corner, didnt get the call. Ball 4. Then PC hangs their head while Pikeville unloads

thats, the info. Good job on hitting the ball pikeville
agreed... worse game ever been called
Throwdown Wrote:agreed... worse game ever been called
Worst game ever called because of two missed ball/strike calls???

There has got to be more.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Worst game ever called because of two missed ball/strike calls???

Alleged missed ball/strike calls. We all know that is in the eye of the beholder - usually the losing beholder.
jetpilot Wrote:Alleged missed ball/strike calls. We all know that is in the eye of the beholder - usually the losing beholder.

It was a poorly called game both ways. However that is the 15th. Give me the young umps and I will take their mistakes as they are learning. Our veteran umpires want to dictate the outcome and hold grudges against teams. Either that or they are just plain horrible, dont know which.
Congrats Pikeville.
Congrats Pikeville
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Worst game ever called because of two missed ball/strike calls???

The count was 2-2, either of the two missed calls would of got the Hawks out of the inning still being tied 2-2.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:The count was 2-2, either of the two missed calls would of got the Hawks out of the inning still being tied 2-2.
Sorry, two missed pitch calls do not justify "the worst called game ever".

Yeah, they affect the outcome, possibly.

Just poking some fun.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:The count was 2-2, either of the two missed calls would of got the Hawks out of the inning still being tied 2-2.

Actually there was only one out when Harmon batted. Steve Lane hit a double as the next batter and scored two. Luke walked, Taylor Ratliff got the crazy hit and scored one. Zack Dingus got a hit, Patrick Keene got a hit and Clark Keene struck out. That would have been the 3rd out under your scenario. Now how could the score have stayed 2-2?

Let it go.
Commanche Wrote:Actually there was only one out when Harmon batted. Steve Lane hit a double as the next batter and scored two. Luke walked, Taylor Ratliff got the crazy hit and scored one. Zack Dingus got a hit, Patrick Keene got a hit and Clark Keene struck out. That would have been the 3rd out under your scenario. Now how could the score have stayed 2-2?

Let it go.

If he hadnt missed those calls that would of made the 2nd out so that the pitcher and field would relax and be confident for the third out, instead of walking in a run to lose the lead I suppose?
If...Then Wrote:If he hadnt missed those calls that would of made the 2nd out so that the pitcher and field would relax and be confident for the third out, instead of walking in a run to lose the lead I suppose?

That is a lot of Ifs and Thens..... that would have to happen. I guess that makes as much sense as saying IF a frog had wings THEN it would not bump its butt on rocks.
Commanche Wrote:That is a lot of Ifs and Thens..... that would have to happen. I guess that makes as much sense as saying IF a frog had wings THEN it would not bump its butt on rocks.

Thats 1 If and no Thens? And a frog doesnt always bump its butt on rocks

:moon:
If...Then Wrote:Thats 1 If and no Thens? And a frog doesnt always bump its butt on rocks

:moon:

Pitchers and defenses never relax when runners are at 2nd and 3rd. Only when the bases are cleared. Cant buy this theory as there was only one walk after the blown call. I agree he blew the call but that would not have prohibited Steve from hitting the double down the line on the next bat.
Congrats Pikeville!
This thread sums up most the attitudes of Pike Central athletes right now, always blaming others and making excuses!! If the kids up there don't suck it up and play with some discipline it doesn't matter who they get to coach their athletic programs, it isn't going to change! Let's hope they start to play with class again next season because this whole season has been a wash...in all sports! Time to grow up Hawks!
Cover3 Wrote:This thread sums up most the attitudes of Pike Central athletes right now, always blaming others and making excuses!! If the kids up there don't suck it up and play with some discipline it doesn't matter who they get to coach their athletic programs, it isn't going to change! Let's hope they start to play with class again next season because this whole season has been a wash...in all sports! Time to grow up Hawks!

that time is coming.... very soon
Cover3 Wrote:This thread sums up most the attitudes of Pike Central athletes right now, always blaming others and making excuses!! If the kids up there don't suck it up and play with some discipline it doesn't matter who they get to coach their athletic programs, it isn't going to change! Let's hope they start to play with class again next season because this whole season has been a wash...in all sports! Time to grow up Hawks!

If i do recall earlier in the season PC beat pikeville by 7 and all the PHS fans on here were crying and making excuses. Were u saying grow up panthers? didnt think so. You dont know some of the things that our boys have been through this season, not even a clue. The team has 1 problem and only 1. The seniors not leading the team, not wanting to win. Heck they play a freshman who tries harder than most of them. It doesnt matter what school, if u have a bad group of senior leaders its hard to win ball games
This was a poorly called game, not a single pikeville player was called out on strikes and not just in the 6th, it was all game long. If they did'nt swing, it was called a ball. Even some of the pikeville fans could'nt believe it was that bad.:HitWall:
tictac Wrote:This was a poorly called game, not a single pikeville player was called out on strikes and not just in the 6th, it was all game long. If they did'nt swing, it was called a ball. Even some of the pikeville fans could'nt believe it was that bad.:HitWall:

You dont have a clue. Clark Keene was called out on a high outside curveball in the 6th. I am not sure but I know their was one other. It is hard to get called out on strike outs when you are hitting the ball.
Commanche Wrote:You dont have a clue. Clark Keene was called out on a high outside curveball in the 6th. I am not sure but I know their was one other. [B]It is hard to get called out on strike outs when you are hitting the ball.

HAHA!! That is very true!:HitWall:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:[/SIZE]

HAHA!! That is very true!:HitWall:

Its easy to hit the ball when if you dont swing its called a ball:flame:
tictac Wrote:Its easy to hit the ball when if you dont swing its called a ball:flame:
Let's get back to the game discussion.
Enough whining about the umpires.
All 11 people who were at the game have commented on this! That is very cool!