Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know the polls or rankings for the state?
What teams are ranked in the state?
yea go to http://www.khsbca.com
those are the latest polls? where is Bourbon County? If I'm not wrong, I believe they have the best record in the state right now at 16-1 and continuously hammer the teams they face. They without a doubt have the best senior class around, so why aren't these kids ranked?
bleedinblue3 Wrote:those are the latest polls? where is Bourbon County? If I'm not wrong, I believe they have the best record in the state right now at 16-1 and continuously hammer the teams they face. They without a doubt have the best senior class around, so why aren't these kids ranked?
Just from a quick check, I would guess the strength of schedule. GRC is the only real quality team I see they have beaten. The Rowan team they have played is pretty good also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bleedinblue3 Wrote:those are the latest polls? where is Bourbon County? If I'm not wrong, I believe they have the best record in the state right now at 16-1 and continuously hammer the teams they face. They without a doubt have the best senior class around, so why aren't these kids ranked?

Ring em' up has a good point, and also these polls are more or less a popularity contest. Sometimes certain coaches vote one week, the next week they may not vote, so within a week a team could completely drop out of the ratings just because the coaches didn't vote. Not too mention exposure as well. You have to get into the big tournaments and beat some big name schools before anybody will even know what your doing. Records mean nothing really, it's all a matter of who's butt you kiss, and who sees you play.
Yeah I understand the strength of schedule but Bourbon has also beaten Montgomery Co, they beat Rowan Co the first time they played them (17-2), and not only did they beat GRC but they beat them pretty bad (15-5). This Bourbon team puts runs on the board each game. Just check out the scores of the games they've played to this point.

I think the bigger name teams really waste their time going outside the state to play in these tournaments. What's the use? It doesn't count when it comes to playing against KY teams. Must be a popularity contest!

Bourbon Co is ready for post season play and I really think they will go far this season, that would include beating Harrison Co on their own turf!