Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bledsoe setting up visit to UK this weekend.
Sources are saying that Eric Bledsoe is trying to set up a visit to UK for this weekend after visiting Memphis on Thursday.
TBK is also reporting this
Good news.. Hope we can get him!!
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Good news.. Hope we can get him!!

I agree!! :Thumbs:
But what does this say about the Wall situation?
UKCAT5FAN Wrote:But what does this say about the Wall situation?

I honestly never believed we would get him anyways. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player but I will be just as happy with Bledsoe. Both are 5 stars.
Kentucky needs a point guard, John Wall obviously isn't going to make a decision anytime soon and Bledsoe is looking to make a decision and Calipari wants him to be on the team and Bledso is a guy that will stay at UK 2-3 years compared to Wall is only a 1 and done.

Don't worry Wall fans, Calipari will take him with open arms if Bledsoe does commit to UK. Therefore I don't think it would change Wall's thoughts on Kentucky at all.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky needs a point guard, John Wall obviously isn't going to make a decision anytime soon and Bledsoe is looking to make a decision and Calipari wants him to be on the team and Bledso is a guy that will stay at UK 2-3 years compared to Wall is only a 1 and done.

Don't worry Wall fans, Calipari will take him with open arms if Bledsoe does commit to UK. Therefore I don't think it would change Wall's thoughts on Kentucky at all.

I agree!!!
either way we are stacked.
I would love to see us get Bledsoe, and it sounds like this kid really wants to come to UK. He just wants to know the feeling is mutual.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I honestly never believed we would get him anyways. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player but I will be just as happy with Bledsoe. Both are 5 stars.

Wall is like a ferrari while bledsoe is like a pinto.:Thumbs:
Not heard much about Bledsoe where is he from and what kind of numbers did he put up in high school?
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Not heard much about Bledsoe where is he from and what kind of numbers did he put up in high school?

He is from Alabama he is a 6 foot 160 lbs. PG.
I think we would be fine with Bledsoe he is a solid player and i agree with one of the other posts that he would be here for a couple years. However, i think Wall would give us the chance to compete for a title this year. (if Meeks and Patterson return) My only question about Bledsoe is his grades. Their are reports that he is having a hard time getting the scores he needs to qualify.
There is nothing official as of right now about a scheduled visit to UK by Bledsoe. A setback to signing Bledsoe is the fact that he will have a hard time qualifying. He needs to get a high test score (not sure of the test) to be able to qualify.
get him a tutor and somebody help him pass the test the right way.
well maybe this put a little pressure on wall if he was actually thinking about UK.
I just read on Zagsblog that Bledsoe will be visiting Memphis on Thursday and will be heading north to visit UK this weekend. KSR also reports this.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:I honestly never believed we would get him anyways. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player but I will be just as happy with Bledsoe. Both are 5 stars.

From what I am hearing, it's not looking good for Bledsoe to even qualify.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:There is nothing official as of right now about a scheduled visit to UK by Bledsoe. A setback to signing Bledsoe is the fact that he will have a hard time qualifying. He needs to get a high test score (not sure of the test) to be able to qualify.

Maybe not "official" but trust me, he scheduled a visit this weekend.
Do you all think Bledsoe will succeed in Calipari's offense?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Do you all think Bledsoe will succeed in Calipari's offense?

Bledsoe may have a little trouble at first, but I think he could get the dribble-drive down after the first few practices. He is smart with the basketball and is as quick as they come.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Bledsoe may have a little trouble at first, but I think he could get the dribble-drive down after the first few practices. He is smart with the basketball and is as quick as they come.

Yes, I believe Bledsoe will be able to get Caliparis dribble-drive offense very quickly. He has a very high IQ of the game of basketball.
I think Bledsoe is a good kid but he might not have the grades to get in. I would love to have the kid dont get me wrong, but I would like to sign a player that can come in and play, not one who doesnt have the grades and has to sit until his grades up to par. I do however think he would be a great fit, he is a two or three year player. His size may hurt him alittle though only being about 6 foot.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Yes, I believe Bledsoe will be able to get Caliparis dribble-drive offense very quickly. He has a very high IQ of the game of basketball.

He is a really good defensive player too.
TheONLY1 Wrote:He is a really good defensive player too.

You just mentioned earlier in this same thread that Bledsoe wasn't any good.. get your story straight!! :Thumbs: :biggrin:
What are the chances that we take both Wall and Bledsoe?
lickbranchlegend Wrote:What are the chances that we take both Wall and Bledsoe?
personally with bledsoe grades being slim to none but UK might get him to come from JUCO next year to us.