Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones...
... I am hearing good things that former Belfry standout David Jones will be a Baltimore Raven within the next few days, whether it be by draft or free agency!

Always a positive for a mountain kid to even have a shot at the NFL.
Good luck to David. Great to see a mountain kid do well.
Spoke with him yesterday his agent seems to think he will go in the 6th round. He told me latest boards had him top 50 corners. He did mention Baltimore but all the teams know about him from workouts and combines. I wish him all the best, he's really beat the odds from his youth til now. Just goes to show what proper guidance can do for a child...plus he will graduate in May. Fine young man that we can all be proud of.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:... I am hearing good things that former Belfry standout David Jones will be a Baltimore Raven within the next few days, whether it be by draft or free agency!

Always a positive for a mountain kid to even have a shot at the NFL.

This is great news for a great player. Anytime somebody from the mountains moving on to bigger & better things such as this is great. Good luck David Jones!
This is great!! Good luck David!!
I'm very proud of how David has represented the Mountains, he will do fine at the next level.

I wish him the best of luck!
This really makes me feel good when I see a mountain kid succeed.
On a side note, the biggest shock of the draft today was when the Raiders took Mike Mitchell in the 2nd Round as the first safety in the draft. If the name sounds familiar the reason is he is the same kid who was a star at Fort Thomas Highlands.

Though the selection may just be further proof that the Raiders organization is nuttier than a fruitcake, it is still awesome for a Kentucky kid to get picked so high!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note, the biggest shock of the draft today was when the Raiders took Mike Mitchell in the 2nd Round as the first safety in the draft. If the name sounds familiar the reason is he is the same kid who was a star at Fort Thomas Highlands.

Though the selection may just be further proof that the Raiders organization is nuttier than a fruitcake, it is still awesome for a Kentucky kid to get picked so high!

Yes it is!
Good Luck D Jones
EKUAlum05 Wrote:On a side note, the biggest shock of the draft today was when the Raiders took Mike Mitchell in the 2nd Round as the first safety in the draft. If the name sounds familiar the reason is he is the same kid who was a star at Fort Thomas Highlands.

He was rated like the 73rd best safety and he was the first safety off the board! Al Davis is more of an idiot than Mike Brown.
Jshort5 Wrote:He was rated like the 73rd best safety and he was the first safety off the board! Al Davis is more of an idiot than Mike Brown.

Well at least Al Davis USED to know what he was doing. Mike Brown doesnt have a clue and never will.
Best of luck to David in anything that comes his way. It has been a pleasure to see a mountain kid go on to play football for a major university, much less to see him make a career out of it. So proud of the way that he has carried himself in the spotlight.
thetribe Wrote:Best of luck to David in anything that comes his way. It has been a pleasure to see a mountain kid go on to play football for a major university, much less to see him make a career out of it. So proud of the way that he has carried himself in the spotlight.

Well said.
good job david you repesented,matewan,belfry,the mountains and the wildcats very well...

I disagree. I think drafting that WR from Maryland before Crabtree was the stupidest decision ever. Crabtree had more recieving yards in one season than that kid had in his career.
David signed on with the Baltimore Ravens this morning. Way to go make Eastern Kentucky proud.
What kind of contract did he sign?
MisterPerfect Wrote:What kind of contract did he sign?

I would have to assume one year for league minimum (which still is a very nice chunk of change)

Hopefully Dave can pull a Woodyard and earn a full-time role whether it be at DB or on special teams.
Alot of assumptions and heresay on this thread.

Is it fair to say that no one really knows whether he has signed or not?

No other outlet is reporting this, including the Ravens website.
Here is the thread with announcement:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/43794407.html
Nice to see him signing with the Ravens. He can learn alot from their corners
Has there been any other belfry player to play in the NFL?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Has there been any other belfry player to play in the NFL?

Yes, his last name is Ramey but his first name alludes me, maybe Joe?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Has there been any other belfry player to play in the NFL?

I doubt it.
good luck David.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:I doubt it.

Incorrect...see above

Wish him the best of luck! Do not know how he will do, but I have never seen any high school player hit harder than he did. He broke up a pass in the end zone agianst Boyle County (I think) and hit the guy so hard that it lacerated his liver. Does anybody remember who that player was?
James Ramey,from Stone,also believe that Rick Kesnter played.
Birdlegs Wrote:James Ramey,from Stone,also believe that Rick Kesnter played.
You are correct, they both played in the NFL.