Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be the Bluegrass rivals offensive player of the year.
Was just wondering who you would pick and why.
hm? let me think, oh yeah ron blume there is no question about it
that would be a good choice, what about the linemen who blocked for him?
My vote would go for Ron Blume.
I think it's already been discussed and the obvious selection would be Ron Blume.
Tomcat68 Wrote:My vote would go for Ron Blume.

same here
Although I think Blume is the better player, you have to consider Olinger. According to Tomcat's passer ratings, he is leading the state in both.
I'll say Blume very much deserves the offensive player of the year award.

But don't say I'm hatin' when I tell you Matt Maynard of Belfry is the best all-around football player I've watched play this year.Confusedhh:
I have to say Ron Blume! This kid has been the perfect example of a high school athlete. He gets it done and never takes the credit. Who else in the mountains can say they had his numbers against the teams in which he has played.

Owens from Knott Co. Central is a good back but he didn't play near the competition Blume did. If I am not mistaken Blume rushed for at least 100 yds. in ever game this season.

If Blume isn't the winner than no one should win because he is far and above the best player in the WYMT coverage area.
We should compile a list of names and let the Mods and admins vote..you all make the choice whether you want player from the mountains or the whole state.. So everyone make a list of 5 people throughout the state or mountains that you want Voted in.. and I will run it by QQ and whoever else. and the winner will get some kind of reward..
100% in favor of ron blume!
ctd i am all in favor of what you said.
Im gonna go with darell olinger because of th numbers he has put up this year
1 ron blume
2 ian holbrook
3 angel gurule
1 Ron Blume
2 olinger
3 Holbrook
I would like to see Jimmy Chaffin get it, I still think he is the most underrated player in the state, but Blume numbers are better, and that makes it tough to argue.
I agree.
batpuff Wrote:ctd i am all in favor of what you said.
Which would be all of the state or just the mountains?
I think its still too early to tell honestly....I mean what if someone steps up during playoffs.....But as of regular season it HAS to go to BLUME nuff said
daniel pugh ......in the first round playoff game against evans pugh had over 500 all-purpose yards with 10 touchdowns....
I would say Jason Blanton, Jacob Howard, Jeremy Curtis, Ryan Baldwin, and Shawn Ousley take a share of the top spot! :thanks:
Ron Blume no doubt!
batpuff Wrote:that would be a good choice, what about the linemen who blocked for him?

Well I know it should probably go to a senior but just as a thought 2 juniors from central Coty Conley or Rayn Baldwin they are not only exceptional players but also exceptional leaders
The 3 front runners should be Ron Blume, Ian Holbrook, and Durell Olinger. Here are everyone's numbers at the end of the regular season.

Ron Blume - Johnson Central
191 rush attempts for 2040 yards and 23 TDs. 10.7 YPC.
Also has a receiving TD and 3 return TDs.

Ian Holbrook - Ashland
83 for 129 for 1533 yards and 14 TDs passing. 64.3% completion. 11.9 YPA.
117 rush attempts for 626 yards and another 8 TDs. 5.4 YPC.

Durell Olinger - Hazard
140 for 193 for 3001 yards and 34 passing TDs. 72.5% completion. 15.4 YPA.
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:I would say Jason Blanton, Jacob Howard, Jeremy Curtis, Ryan Baldwin, and Shawn Ousley take a share of the top spot! :thanks:
the o line always deserves it they did an outstanding job this year the best since well since my playing days lol.
it is hands down blume just going by bgr's player of the week standings he recieved 4 pow awards the only other one would be matt maynard he recieved 2 but the numbers put blume head and shoulders above the rest
by the way the pow award is really kewl i thought it was very unbiassed this year
good job QQ
Tomcat68 Wrote:The 3 front runners should be Ron Blume, Ian Holbrook, and Durell Olinger. Here are everyone's numbers at the end of the regular season.

Ron Blume - Johnson Central
191 rush attempts for 2040 yards and 23 TDs. 10.7 YPC.
Also has a receiving TD and 3 return TDs.

Ian Holbrook - Ashland
83 for 129 for 1533 yards and 14 TDs passing. 64.3% completion. 11.9 YPA.
117 rush attempts for 626 yards and another 8 TDs. 5.4 YPC.

Durell Olinger - Hazard
140 for 193 for 3001 yards and 34 passing TDs. 72.5% completion. 15.4 YPA.
i agree with your post but matt maynard would fit in there at 3 my list would be
1. blume
2. ollinger
3. maynard
4. holbrook, the leslie running back he is very good from what i have seen on him but i haven't got any number could someone feel me in #3 great latteral movements and fast as greased owl poop.lol.
keep in mind the post is for offensive player of the year not an mvp my mvp award would go to matt maynard of belfry hiw contributions to the team from both sides of the ball were outstanding he should be an all stater just for special teams he had something like 7 kick returns for td's i think
brandon shepherd of mag co. had 913 yds rushing, close to 400 yds receiving, 13 td's, 4 int's, threw 2 td passes. as well as several tackles from his anywhere position on defense. he has put up consistent numbers like this for several years now, with basically NO help. as for the all around, do anything for his team or school award he is very deserving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMO!
KHSAA_REPORTER Wrote:brandon shepherd of mag co. had 913 yds rushing, close to 400 yds receiving, 13 td's, 4 int's, threw 2 td passes. as well as several tackles from his anywhere position on defense. he has put up consistent numbers like this for several years now, with basically NO help. as for the all around, do anything for his team or school award he is very deserving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMO!

Totally in agreement with you!!!!!!!!!!
Batpuff Wrote:that would be a good choice, what about the linemen who blocked for him?
The line makes it possible for the quaterback to get to run the ball. Isn't that suppose to happen first? This year was the best record yet under Matney. So looking at that, was their changes in the offense line?