Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Grimm
Anyone have any news or updates as to how he is doing at Union?
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything from him in a while.
I too have thought often about how things arre going for him especially off the field and away from football.
Union is ranked isn't it?
He's good last I heard, which was about a week or two ago.
Is he starting ?
SolidOxygen Wrote:Is he starting ?

:lmao: Doubt it :lmao: :lmao: :thatsfunn
SolidOxygen Wrote:Is he starting ?

:thatsfunn

That's a no brainer!!!
i doubt he will do that good in college...he didnt do anything against belfry, they shut him down big time,so in college i dont see him doing much,hope he proves me wrong...
cuppett777 Wrote:i doubt he will do that good in college...he didnt do anything against belfry, they shut him down big time,so in college i dont see him doing much,hope he proves me wrong...

Agreed.
cuppett777 Wrote:i doubt he will do that good in college...he didnt do anything against belfry, they shut him down big time,so in college i dont see him doing much,hope he proves me wrong...

College is a whole new beast as many student athletes find out. Not as easy to balance a sport and academics. Many choose to drop the sport and concentrate on the academics which is the wise choice. I'm wishing all the best for Shawn and he will make the best choices for his future. Playing football isn't going to pay the bills but if he can get a college degree and go on to get a job in a profession, be it sports related or not, that will support him and his future, than he is a success.:Clap:

What you do in college usually has nothing to do with what you did in HS. I saw Breathitt County absolutely destroy Andre Woodson's team in North Hardin. Shut them out, I think. He ended up doing okay after that. I watched Johnson Central sack Tim Couch seven times and intercept him four times in 1995. He looked terrible that day. He still ended up doing okay, too.

Before you accuse me of comparing Shawn to Woodson and Couch, I'm not. I'm just making the point as they do in the stock markets, past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

In college, he probably won't even play at RB. More like WR/DB and returning kicks. That's a place where he'll have more freedom to use his speed and moves. In high school, he had to play RB because you want your best athletes in the positions where they touch the ball the most, and at JCHS, that's in the backfield. He may blossom at WR/KR. He may not.

All that depends on whether or not he stays in school, of course.
Diogenes Wrote:What you do in college usually has nothing to do with what you did in HS. I saw Breathitt County absolutely destroy Andre Woodson's team in North Hardin. Shut them out, I think. He ended up doing okay after that. I watched Johnson Central sack Tim Couch seven times and intercept him four times in 1995. He looked terrible that day. He still ended up doing okay, too.

Before you accuse me of comparing Shawn to Woodson and Couch, I'm not. I'm just making the point as they do in the stock markets, past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

In college, he probably won't even play at RB. More like WR/DB and returning kicks. That's a place where he'll have more freedom to use his speed and moves. In high school, he had to play RB because you want your best athletes in the positions where they touch the ball the most, and at JCHS, that's in the backfield. He may blossom at WR/KR. He may not.

All that depends on whether or not he stays in school, of course.
History says NO!
He is getting to do what i didn't and i respect that. He's getting a good education and alot of coaching knowledge as well. It isn't all bout the playing time.
is he a sophmore?
Any up dates?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Any up dates?

Summer lifting for Union
tradition Wrote:College is a whole new beast as many student athletes find out. Not as easy to balance a sport and academics. Many choose to drop the sport and concentrate on the academics which is the wise choice. I'm wishing all the best for Shawn and he will make the best choices for his future. Playing football isn't going to pay the bills but if he can get a college degree and go on to get a job in a profession, be it sports related or not, that will support him and his future, than he is a success.:Clap:

thats a really good point man, thats the exact reason i left KCU and the money was another big issue and u find out quick that college ball is a whole new level compared to high school, but there aint a day goes by i think about just playing one more game but oh well life goes on! I wish i would have stayed but i think i made the right decison, or i ccould have been 48,000 dollars in debt through student loans
All this talk of playing is probably irrelevant, I'm pretty sure he will have to redshirt where he played last year for Pikeville. Besides that, he probably wouldnt have the credit hours to be eligible anyways.
I wish him luck, and hope he get a chance to run the ball.