Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amburgey returning as KCC Head Coach??
Rumor has it that Amburgey will be reinstated as head boys' coach at KCC. Apparently there was too much controversy over the supt's decision and way too much support for the Coach. Does anyone know if this is true?
The KC BOYS BASKETBALL COACHING JOB was posted for hire in yesterdays paper so I would not think this is true. The job has to be posted for ten days and Kim King has told people that the job will be filled next week. We will know soon enough I guess.
kcc75 Wrote:The KC BOYS BASKETBALL COACHING JOB was posted for hire in yesterdays paper so I would not think this is true. The job has to be posted for ten days and Kim King has told people that the job will be filled next week. We will know soon enough I guess.

Either Trent or B.B. will get it. I'm leaning towards B.B.
Knott Needs Ambugey!
No1 Wants Trent Or Bb
SteppUp Wrote:Knott Needs Ambugey!
No1 Wants Trent Or Bb

I agree again with you. KCC needs Ambugery IMO. After gaving him the axe, Im pretty sure they'll have a new face as a head coach. Im not sure Trent will be the coach because I seen him yesterday and he look proud and happy wearing his LC hat around. He might just stay around untill Justices time is over in Letcher Central. I wouldnt be suprised if R. Gibson was named new head man.
Replacing Amburgey with a new coach will only help the Dawgs!! From what I am hearing most of the team wants Amburgey to stay and are not happy with the couple of players who want him gone. Conflict will only help the other teams in the 14th next year. Also heard that some players would be crusading across the hill. Are these rumors true??
Dawggie Wrote:Replacing Amburgey with a new coach will only help the Dawgs!! From what I am hearing most of the team wants Amburgey to stay and are not happy with the couple of players who want him gone. Conflict will only help the other teams in the 14th next year. Also heard that some players would be crusading across the hill. Are these rumors true??
Just because someone wants someone wants to go across the hill doesnt mean they would be allowed to. But if they want to go them let them go is what i say. KCC will be fine either way.
I don't think it will matter who will be the head coach at KCC, the Pats will do just fine. They will have to learn new plays and the ways of a new coach, but so what, they will have all summer long to do that. These boys have played their whole lives and some have been thru this before when Amburgey first came and took over from Feltner. It ain't gonna hurt their playing and any who say that it will, its just wishful thinkin on their part. KCC will still be awesome.
This would be the logical choice for me. He has been there with these kids. He knows them and they know him. They have been consistenly better in each of Amburgey's years there and will be better next year. I think he has earned the right to sink or swim with this team next season. No offense to Cavanaugh Trent, Rhett Gibson or anyone else that has been mentioned, but Amburgey deserves this chance. If next year does not work out for the Pats, then it would be much easier to make a case for needing to make a change that it was based on this past season.
I hope they do keep Justin, Kim knows that she is in deep ****. She thought she would get rid of Justin and then all kinds of top coaches would apply for the job. News flash, Kim.....no money, no coach. Thats what it comes down to, Knott Co. doesn't want to shell out the money for a top named coach. And she has no applicants, so the logical choice would be to rehire Justin.
kcc75 Wrote:Just because someone wants someone wants to go across the hill doesnt mean they would be allowed to. But if they want to go them let them go is what i say. KCC will be fine either way.

I agree, it wouldnt be any different than those that have crusaded from Pippa Passes to Hindman in the past. So let them crusade where they want to crusade!
The new coach will most likely be R. Gibson for the patriots....also they will be alot of their young players sophmores and freshman that will transfer either to JBS or Cordia so after this year it wont matter who they get to coach because they wont have any talent at all. I KCC is going to make a run for the state this will be the only year for along time I would say. KCC has to much politics to keep players they need in the future IMO.
Cavanaugh Trent will be there!
king360 Wrote:Cavanaugh Trent will be there!

With Letcher Central now open, I can see him staying in Letcher county
mountain hoops guru Wrote:With Letcher Central now open, I can see him staying in Letcher county

Agreed!
Coach Trent seems to be well liked in Letcher and I am sure if he has the opportunity to choose it will be a hard decision. I would think that something will be done this week on this and Trent will have to make a hard decision.
kcc75 Wrote:Coach Trent seems to be well liked in Letcher and I am sure if he has the opportunity to choose it will be a hard decision. I would think that something will be done this week on this and Trent will have to make a hard decision.

He would be stupid if he came to KCC, its too political. He'd be better off if he stayed at LCC.
boogieman Wrote:He would be stupid if he came to KCC, its too political. He'd be better off if he stayed at LCC.

And Letcher is Not? :lmao:

So I guess getting rid of Justice, after winning back to back district titles when no one thought he would, was not political.....you guys kill me :Clap:
That was not a political decision. He was not a well liked person and the Craft finally realized that her hire when the school opened was not a good one for the school so she fixed it. Trent would be better off at Letcher and not be thrown into the fire at Knott for his first year of coaching. If they don't win it could destroy his career and I think he will be an excellent coach when given a chance. Letcher would be a better fit for him.

Rhett Gibson will be announced as the new head coach at KCC from my understanding. When is another story, hopefully soon!
Jeter_theman Wrote:Either Trent or B.B. will get it. I'm leaning towards B.B.

B.B.? Come on, that's a darn joke and a half!
king360 you have know idea about any posts you put on here so dont say anything you dont know....R. Gibson will be there....you dont know about basketball man