Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel update
I hope they think about the program and kids, and make the right choice. There seems to be a lot of that going on.
Anyone with news?
Here is why it is being kept quiet..........Those in charge don't want everyone to know who has applied so they take no heat in who they interview. They have some great canidates that don't fit the teaching opening of S. ED. This is a program that will never reach its potential.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Here is why it is being kept quiet..........Those in charge don't want everyone to know who has applied so they take no heat in who they interview. They have some great canidates that don't fit the teaching opening of S. ED. This is a program that will never reach its potential.

I still think it could, but I did hear that their D coordinator was a serious candidate. I don't think you can be successful when you hire someone whose defense has given up so many points over the last few years...
Can anyone confirm that they have hired Larry Welch?
I have heared this also, is this the same guy that coached @ North Laurel, if so why did it take so long to hire a guy with a 6-35 record. :flush:
Unreal. They are not serious about football. They are ready to take a back seat to NL on the gridiron. They are lucky I am not a parent in that school.
Two weeks in to this process I heard that Sp. ED or inside hire. I didn't want to believe what I was hearing. I told myself that this committee would have our kids best interest in mind. Once again they have proven that football here means nothing. Our program will not move forward, it has taken 2 steps back. As a parent of a younger child we must demand from our administrators more. Maybe if this doesn't work, that those that make this hire also be removed from their position. This is very disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry Welch is a good man who works hard at his job. Give him a chance.
Mr. Welch is a super guy......has very little to do with selection of our football coach. May have been the worst move in 25 years. If things don't change then I personally will have to. Time will tell.......Archive this post......It will be open again within 4 years. 4 year record ....12 wins 28 loses reg season and I don't know who is even going to be on the schedule. But, that is an improvement.:igiveup:
Got a feeling a a school to the South with red in their colors and a school to the North will be circling the school @ South looking for some new players.
I heard the unknown comic was the administations second choice for the football job, if so they made the proper choice.:lmao:
Any kids needs a really good coach.