Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 14 Buckhorn 4 14th Region All A
Wolfe takes this one in six innings.

Sallie pitches complete game, allowing 3 earned runs. Helps himself at the plate as well, going 2-3 with a walk.

The Wolves' defense was much better tonight, and the bats continued to produce.

7th grader Jeffrey Whisman went 3-4 with a long double that nearly cleared the center field fence.

Freshman Tyler Hayes had a couple of hits, as did Deron Terrill, and Joe Ray Oliver (Oliver is off to an outstanding start this season).

All in all, a very nice night for Wolfe County.
Congrats Wolfe Co.
Congrats Wolfe.
jr92 Wrote:Wolfe takes this one in six innings.

Sallie pitches complete game, allowing 3 earned runs. Helps himself at the plate as well, going 2-3 with a walk.

The Wolves' defense was much better tonight, and the bats continued to produce.

7th grader Jeffrey Whisman went 3-4 with a long double that nearly cleared the center field fence.

Freshman Tyler Hayes had a couple of hits, as did Deron Terrill, and Joe Ray Oliver (Oliver is off to an outstanding start this season).

All in all, a very nice night for Wolfe County.

Good post. You seem to have all of wolfe's stats, do you have the Creech kid's stats for the year? Very interested to see how he is doing.
If you are at the game, all you gotta do is check with the scorekeepers. They have them.

Creech is doing fine. Don't have stats after tonites game, but he is hitting near .500 with a bunch of RBI's.

Will post his stats as soon as I get them.

I think he is doing wonderfully well for an eight grader.
Thanks for the info. I never get to come to any of wolfe's games because I go to most of Powell's games.
I have a son that plays for Powell and we have no one hitting near .500 so if he is doing that then he is doing great period.
congratulations wolfe and great night for whisman.
Who is this Whisman kid? Sounds like he had a good night.
PCBaseball Wrote:Good post. You seem to have all of wolfe's stats, do you have the Creech kid's stats for the year? Very interested to see how he is doing.

Creech is currently hitting .444 with 13 RBI's. His on base percentage stands at .583. He has yet to go yard, but that'll change soon, I'm sure.

One thing I am most impressed about Dylan is his base running. He leads the team in stolen bases with 12, without having the benefit of blinding speed. He knows how to read pitchers well, gets a good lead, and a good jump as well. He also always runs HARD on the basepaths, and I am impressed with that,as well.

I knew Wolfe was getting a good bat with Creech, but his versatility on the field is amazing. He didn't hit the ball real well last night, but still drove in three runs without benefit of a base hit.
PCBaseball Wrote:Who is this Whisman kid? Sounds like he had a good night.

Jeffrey moved to Wolfe County a couple of years ago from California; as a result, his teamates call him "Calli". Has lots of talent, wonderful bat and good glove. He catches everything hit to him, but just doesnt have a lot of range, which is somewhat of a liability for the Wolves. That will change as he gets a couple of years older and develops physically.

He actually played a few games for the varsity as a sixth grader.

He is a wonderful kid and a pleasure to be around. He really loves playing baseball. Every time he goes to the plate to hit, you can see this big smile come across his face. I wish more kids were like that.
jr92 Wrote:Creech is currently hitting .444 with 13 RBI's. His on base percentage stands at .583. He has yet to go yard, but that'll change soon, I'm sure.

One thing I am most impressed about Dylan is his base running. He leads the team in stolen bases with 12, without having the benefit of blinding speed. He knows how to read pitchers well, gets a good lead, and a good jump as well. He also always runs HARD on the basepaths, and I am impressed with that,as well.

I knew Wolfe was getting a good bat with Creech, but his versatility on the field is amazing. He didn't hit the ball real well last night, but still drove in three runs without benefit of a base hit.

13 RBI's already, wow, how many games has Wolfe played so far? Could he have a shot at a state record for a season if he gets enough at bats or do you know what the state record is for RBI's in a season?
Congrats Wolfe Co.
Congrats Wolfe
jr92 Wrote:Creech is currently hitting .444 with 13 RBI's. His on base percentage stands at .583. He has yet to go yard, but that'll change soon, I'm sure.

Those are good numbers, but from what I have seen, he is not hitting like he can.
PCBaseball Wrote:13 RBI's already, wow, how many games has Wolfe played so far? Could he have a shot at a state record for a season if he gets enough at bats or do you know what the state record is for RBI's in a season?

Forget it, it aint gonna happen. The record, at least the one listed, for a season, is 83. Thats a LOT! Something I find interesting, though, is the CAREER mark for RBI's, which is 253. I think with a little luck, good health, enough at bats, and enough runners in scoring position, Dylan could possibly reach that mark. It's a long way off, though, and he needs to focus on the "precious present".

I don't know how many ribbies he had while at Breathitt, but the young man is off to a good start on the list!
jr92 Wrote:Forget it, it aint gonna happen. The record, at least the one listed, for a season, is 83. Thats a LOT! Something I find interesting, though, is the CAREER mark for RBI's, which is 253. I think with a little luck, good health, enough at bats, and enough runners in scoring position, Dylan could possibly reach that mark. It's a long way off, though, and he needs to focus on the "precious present".

I don't know how many ribbies he had while at Breathitt, but the young man is off to a good start on the list!

This is interesting. He has 13 RBI's in how many games and how many can you play in a season? When did he play at Breathitt?
Congrats Wolfe.
jr92 Wrote:Forget it, it aint gonna happen. The record, at least the one listed, for a season, is 83. Thats a LOT! Something I find interesting, though, is the CAREER mark for RBI's, which is 253. I think with a little luck, good health, enough at bats, and enough runners in scoring position, Dylan could possibly reach that mark. It's a long way off, though, and he needs to focus on the "precious present".

Has Wolfe played 10 games yet, and how many will they play this year? That would give a better indication of whether or not 83 is possible. I do know that you are allowed 36 regular season games and then 2 District Tournament games and at least one Region game if you make it that far then you have 39 total if you lose in the first round of the Region. With this information, what would his numbers possibly be?
slugger35 Wrote:Has Wolfe played 10 games yet, and how many will they play this year? That would give a better indication of whether or not 83 is possible. I do know that you are allowed 36 regular season games and then 2 District Tournament games and at least one Region game if you make it that far then you have 39 total if you lose in the first round of the Region. With this information, what would his numbers possibly be?

I just looked on the scoreboard, and if it is correct, they have played seven games so far and looks like they may get in twenty-five in the regular season and if they make it to the Region, twenty-eight. He might have a shot if they played a full schedule, but looks like that won't happen. Thats a shame because if he is off to that good of a start, I would do everything in my power to play the limit to give him that chance.
slugger35 Wrote:Has Wolfe played 10 games yet, and how many will they play this year? That would give a better indication of whether or not 83 is possible. I do know that you are allowed 36 regular season games and then 2 District Tournament games and at least one Region game if you make it that far then you have 39 total if you lose in the first round of the Region. With this information, what would his numbers possibly be?

You guys are making me burn the midnight oil to come up with answers.

Wolfe County has only played 7 games so far. After checking out every team in the states schedule, here is what I come up, according to the KHSAA, which may, or my not be completley up to date or 100% accurate:

Out of 256 schools playing baseball this year, a whooping 86 have played ten or more games so far. That comes up to just a little over a third, or 33.59% if my calculator is correct. If you check a little further, you'll find a sizeable chunk of the 86 teams that have played 10 games got the benefit of playing several games in nice Florida, or South Carolina weather during their school break, or that number would be a whole lot lower than 86.

So, to answer the MEANING of your question, Is Wolfe playing enough games???

No, but no one else is, either!

From speaking to one of his coaches, I think he had 30 or more the year he played at Breathitt.
PCBaseball Wrote:I just looked on the scoreboard, and if it is correct, they have played seven games so far and looks like they may get in twenty-five in the regular season and if they make it to the Region, twenty-eight. He might have a shot if they played a full schedule, but looks like that won't happen. Thats a shame because if he is off to that good of a start, I would do everything in my power to play the limit to give him that chance.

Once again, the scoreboard does not show the fact that we have had a double header with Menifee County rained out ON THREE SEPERATE OCCASIONS!!!!! (When the drought and water shortages begin late this spring we are going to end it by simply scheduling a game with Menifee!!!!)

Seriously, we also have had games against Knott, Breathitt, and Riverside postponed as well, and those are just off the top of my head. I know there are a couple of others.

All you can do is schedule games and try to play them. If mother nature says otherwise..................................................................
Hazard has played 13 games so far and will play Leslie Co. tonight.
jr92 Wrote:You guys are making me burn the midnight oil to come up with answers.

Wolfe County has only played 7 games so far. After checking out every team in the states schedule, here is what I come up, according to the KHSAA, which may, or my not be completley up to date or 100% accurate:

Out of 256 schools playing baseball this year, a whooping 86 have played ten or more games so far. That comes up to just a little over a third, or 33.59% if my calculator is correct. If you check a little further, you'll find a sizeable chunk of the 86 teams that have played 10 games got the benefit of playing several games in nice Florida, or South Carolina weather during their school break, or that number would be a whole lot lower than 86.

So, to answer the MEANING of your question, Is Wolfe playing enough games???

No, but no one else is, either!

All I am saying is if this kid has that many in 7 games then Wolfe needs to do everything they can to get enough games in to give him a shot. Think of what that would do for him and the school.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Hazard has played 13 games so far and will play Leslie Co. tonight.

I take it that tonites game was postponed?

Great, that means Wolfe has to wait until Thursday to play the Hazard- Leslie winner, while the game they had scheduled against Lee County on Thursday will have to be postponed. And as far as trying to get a Wed. game scheduled; next to impossible on such short notice.

By my count, that makes 10 games postponed so far.

Guess that is the Wolfe County coaches' fault!

They just don't play enough games!
jr92 Wrote:I take it that tonites game was postponed?

Great, that means Wolfe has to wait until Thursday to play the Hazard- Leslie winner, while the game they had scheduled against Lee County on Thursday will have to be postponed. And as far as trying to get a Wed. game scheduled; next to impossible on such short notice.

By my count, that makes 10 games postponed so far.

Guess that is the Wolfe County coaches' fault!

They just don't play enough games!

Looks like Menifee is free and so is Owsley. You might try them. Play 2.
Pretty simple guys. The last two Saturday's have been beautiful and everybody all around playing. Wolfe played 0 when they could have played 4.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Pretty simple guys. The last two Saturday's have been beautiful and everybody all around playing. Wolfe played 0 when they could have played 4.

We have played just about every Saturday so far this year.
PCBaseball Wrote:We have played just about every Saturday so far this year.

One thing about Varney, he will make sure he gets those games in.