Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. @ Bell Co. 4/10
thoughts? Predictions?
Strikeout King Wrote:thoughts? Predictions?

Don't know much about Estill county but Bell is definitely in a rebuilding year with a new coach. I've seen them play a few times this year and they are not the Bell County of years' past. Their one shutout of the year was against Thomas Walker, but that is a team in their third year of competition and it was 2-0 until the later innings with TW stranding several runners more than once. I saw them at Lee High (Va.) and they blew a 4-0 lead in the first to lose 6-4. Lee is a pretty good team as well, though, but 3-4 years ago Bell run-rules them.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:Don't know much about Estill county but Bell is definitely in a rebuilding year with a new coach. I've seen them play a few times this year and they are not the Bell County of years' past. Their one shutout of the year was against Thomas Walker, but that is a team in their third year of competition and it was 2-0 until the later innings with TW stranding several runners more than once. I saw them at Lee High (Va.) and they blew a 4-0 lead in the first to lose 6-4. Lee is a pretty good team as well, though, but 3-4 years ago Bell run-rules them.

Bell is definatly young and learning. I or noone else could say how this game would have went, but after watching the lady cats this weekend it should have been a good game. Bell played 3 games at Southwestern, won 2 against Jenkins and Rockcastle and lost to Mercer in a great game with alot of drama. One pole of lights kept going out. Mercer won the game 2-1 in the 7th. Thomas Walker has a senior pitcher, and Lee High played M'boro and lost 1-0. I don't think Bell has had a team that would run rule Lee High in quite a while. The 3-4 years ago team didn't run rule many teams.....maybe Lynn Camp. You can check the previous years scores on the khsaa website. I think Bell is getting alot better and should be a much stronger team down the stretch than many will think.
bellcats Wrote:Bell is definatly young and learning. I or noone else could say how this game would have went, but after watching the lady cats this weekend it should have been a good game. Bell played 3 games at Southwestern, won 2 against Jenkins and Rockcastle and lost to Mercer in a great game with alot of drama. One pole of lights kept going out. Mercer won the game 2-1 in the 7th. Thomas Walker has a senior pitcher, and Lee High played M'boro and lost 1-0. I don't think Bell has had a team that would run rule Lee High in quite a while. The 3-4 years ago team didn't run rule many teams.....maybe Lynn Camp. You can check the previous years scores on the khsaa website. I think Bell is getting alot better and should be a much stronger team down the stretch than many will think.

Must be young. I have seen some of thier scores. I think that Bell has a new coach in J W C . Is this the same one that took Middlesboro to state a bunch of times? If so look out 13th there is a new sheriff in town.TongueirateSho