Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Runyon heading to Pike Central?
BMR has shown interest now that does not mean much of anything just to be honest. Rumor has it he may be running for mayor in Paintsville and just to be honest over that way he doesnt have to do jack crap for anything. He is a legend in Paintsville and I honestly do not see him leaving the area. Now if he does that would be a great thing although he would probely be 3 or 4 years and then retired again. Whatever happens this program has went in the crapper since David left and I hate to see it happen but it has. Runyon is showing interest though but as I said it means nothing untill an offer is made and he has accepted which HAS NOT happened.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:BMR has shown interest now that does not mean much of anything just to be honest. Rumor has it he may be running for mayor in Paintsville and just to be honest over that way he doesnt have to do jack crap for anything. He is a legend in Paintsville and I honestly do not see him leaving the area. Now if he does that would be a great thing although he would probely be 3 or 4 years and then retired again. Whatever happens this program has went in the crapper since David left and I hate to see it happen but it has. Runyon is showing interest though but as I said it means nothing untill an offer is made and he has accepted which HAS NOT happened.

Rumor is that the offer has been pulled and not on the table for BMR now. Hearing a 14th region assistant coach from a very successful team may be the target with the Clay Co. coach also on the short list.
Salimander Wrote:Rumor is that the offer has been pulled and not on the table for BMR now. Hearing a 14th region assistant coach from a very successful team may be the target with the Clay Co. coach also on the short list.

I really wouldnt want that 14th assistant you speak of because I have heard the same thing. Clay Co. coach IMO would be a good pick up for the Hawks.
Just because he would bring his all star point guard with him, Whitaker would be a good hire just for that reason. But I also heard that his son would be going to a prep school. So hiring him for the wrong reasons may not be such a good idea.
Well i've talk to parents at PC and just not happy there has been some **** good coaches say no....I say we just pack the bags move to Floyd Co. and let are kids be coached under a real coach (Jr. Newsome) and well I tell you what if Hobo, Corey,SteaL and Tyler was to go to Betsy Layne they would have a chance in winning region...And go to state....
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead
BMR is not going anywhere
Recznik Wrote:Well i've talk to parents at PC and just not happy there has been some **** good coaches say no....I say we just pack the bags move to Floyd Co. and let are kids be coached under a real coach (Jr. Newsome) and well I tell you what if Hobo, Corey,SteaL and Tyler was to go to Betsy Layne they would have a chance in winning region...And go to state....
:Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

That could be some of the craziest bunch of nonsense jibberish I believe I have ever heard on here.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I really wouldnt want that 14th assistant you speak of because I have heard the same thing. Clay Co. coach IMO would be a good pick up for the Hawks.
do you actually think the Clay county coach would leave that program to come to pike central
The name that I have heard is none of the guys that have been mentioned in this thread. I was told that Randy McCoy was a very real possibility for this job and that an offer was on the table. Anyone heard anything?
worker1 Wrote:The name that I have heard is none of the guys that have been mentioned in this thread. I was told that Randy McCoy was a very real possibility for this job and that an offer was on the table. Anyone heard anything?

Not so..he wants it but isn't wanted
The Fan Wrote:do you actually think the Clay county coach would leave that program to come to pike central

:Thumbs: You'd be surprised !:Thumbs:
The Fan Wrote:do you actually think the Clay county coach would leave that program to come to pike central

if the money is right then yes
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:if the money is right then yes
Clay County has not won the region since Spurlock has been there so he may be more inclined to leave than you might think.
High Sheriff Wrote:Clay County has not won the region since Spurlock has been there so he may be more inclined to leave than you might think.

I am aware of this, hints why I have stated it may be in the works. :Thumbs: I wouldnt be surprised.
BMR is not going anywhere..
As of yesterday, Raymond Justice has been let go at Letcher Central, I'm sure he would give Spurlock a run for the money at Pike Central. Justice would be very interested in this job.
Spurlock has been a big disappointment in Clay Co with his coaching style and sideline antics. His backers have turned against him now including the "legend". Attendance are at a all time low and the best players at the school the last few years have refused to play for him. He is trying to find another job because of necessity.