Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to learn much on this forum about poster by the way they post?
Do you think you can get to know a person or anything about them based on the way they post in this forum?
yes i can tell how a person is by the way they post. theres a bunch of signs and such. like how they spell, whether or not they make smart or funny posts, how they respond to other peoples posts, their proper use of punctuation, whether or not they type in all caps.. stuff like that lol
BardstownTigers Wrote:yes i can tell how a person is by the way they post. theres a bunch of signs and such. like how they spell, whether or not they make smart or funny posts, how they respond to other peoples posts, their proper use of punctuation, whether or not they type in all caps.. stuff like that lol

I agree.

When I get on this website I mean business and I look for good conversation. Off the site, I love to have a good time and I like for everyone around me to have a great time as well.
I can tell a lot about people just by reading there posts.
Yes, i believe you can. You can tell what type of person they are and weather or not you could get along with them in person.
I think a persons posts can say a lot about them and their personalities. I think a persons post will tell you a lot about their interest by the forums they post in. I like to have good conversations on here like in basketball, football, college and pro forums. I also like to have fun with some of my post, like in paintball and general discussion.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I think a persons posts can say a lot about them and their personalities. I think a persons post will tell you a lot about their interest by the forums they post in. I like to have good conversations on here like in basketball, football, college and pro forums. I also like to have fun with some of my post, like in paintball and general discussion.

Amen. When I'm on here I mean business. I intend to have good discussions on here. And I don't like to argue with people.
I think you can tell a lot, but there is also a sense that you don't get the real them. Like me, I am a shy individual. I was taught, 'Don't speak to someone unless you are spoken to.' I consider myself awkward. Always trying to be polite and very refined. But afraid to speak my mind and let loose. On here I feel comfortable around everyone and I don't feel like I have to put up an image of what I'm supposed to be. I like it here, and I'm glad that I can kind of be myself or try to figure out who I am through posting. Sounds weird, but oh well.

Overall, I do think that I can tell how a person is by reading their posts.
I feel like I can tell a lot by a person's post. Proper use of spelling and grammar is always a big key for me. When a person types correctly, I have a lot more respect for them and will read their posts quicker than someone who types in ICQ speak or doesn't know how to use a period. You can tell someone's wit through posts or read if they are easily upset or frustrated. Good senses of humor comes out through posting as well. You won't learn everything there is to know but it definitely starts to give you an idea I believe.
I definately think so! If you ever read TidesHoss32's posts, just know that he is just like that in person!
:Thumbs: likewise. Anybody that doesnt know that me and PB5 are brothers wouldnt be surprised to know that theres ALWAYS a sports debate when we are in the same kitchen, car, room, store, lol...ALWAYS a debate going on about something..but its fun though..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I definately think so! If you ever read TidesHoss32's posts, just know that he is just like that in person!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Like such as one as Art Monk being the SINGLE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER IN SPORTS HISTORY, LMAO!
which is almost as hilarious as you saying Ron Gant should be a hall of famer:lmao:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Like such as one as Art Monk being the SINGLE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER IN SPORTS HISTORY, LMAO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOL....Almost as funny as you saying..SID BREAM WAS OUT AT HOMEPLATE!!!!! SAFE, SAFE, THE BRAVES WIN IT!!!OMG!!
P.S..I am so sorry ..You pulled it out of me to bring this up!
Im not even getting into this. EVERYBODY knew he was out. And he was. Ive been forced 852 times into watching that travesty, but every time Ive watched it, its the same result- Sid Bream was out. And that horrible mistake has put the "Curse of Francisco Cabrera" on the Pirates. Had the correct call been made, we would have won the world series, and this whole 16 straight losing season mess wouldnt have happened. May the Braves be ****ed forever. And forever after that.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL....Almost as funny as you saying..SID BREAM WAS OUT AT HOMEPLATE!!!!! SAFE, SAFE, THE BRAVES WIN IT!!!OMG!!
P.S..I am so sorry ..You pulled it out of me to bring this up!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I probably get a sense of the age of some of the posters more than anything. Many I have gotten to know through PM which either confirmed or surprised me of their age.

If I got on here just to "mean business", I would miss the point of having the opportunity to participate on the site. There are subjects that get all of our attention, there are others that are flat out meant to be fun. I have no intent of just getting on here just to be serious.

I appreciate the insight and opinion of others. What many of the posters don't realize is that this is an opinion site, and everyone's opinion is "RIGHT". So what disappoints me at times is when the personal bashing happens because someone gets their feelings hurt due to someone else not agreeing with their post. But sometimes thats a maturity gap that will come in time.

I love the debates, I love the passion of others. But there are many that have a lack of respect for others and their thoughts and opinions.
I think you can learn what others want you to about themself.
TidesHoss32 Wrote::Thumbs: likewise. Anybody that doesnt know that me and PB5 are brothers wouldnt be surprised to know that theres ALWAYS a sports debate when we are in the same kitchen, car, room, store, lol...ALWAYS a debate going on about something..but its fun though..

So you all are brothers?
I think that you can tell a lot by the wording they use in their sentences. If they use a lot of short, simple sentences then you can guess that they speak that way in real life.

I also agree with others, that I like to get on here and have a serious conversation. I might not always agree with you, but it's your opinion and you have your right to it. Trust me when i say I'm going to do my best to convince you otherwise, but on the otherhand I am not closed minded and am open to others arguments.
I believe so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
yup, that would be correct my frirend:biggrin:
OLDHOSS Wrote:So you all are brothers?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yup, that would be correct my frirend:biggrin:

I thought so.
To me this was another one of those good questions so I give it new life.