Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 8 - Paintsville 6
Final.

Anyone know who pitched for these teams or have any stats?
Good Job Dawgs!!!!!!
Hazard usually has a solid team, congrats to the Bulldogs.
Combs and Grigsby threw for Hazard. Lyons started for the Tigers and gave up 2 hits walked 1 and struck out 8 in 3 innings, Jackson pitched innings 4-5 with Vialpando throwing the last 1 pluss innings and Sublett rounding it out.. Grigsby hit the ball well. as did Meahan for Hazard. For the Tigers, Cyrus and Rice had 2 hits apiece with Brown and Butcher also coming up with big hits. They should still be playing this one as the home plate ump blew 2 calls allowing the Dawgs first and last runs. Both teams looked like early season form but both showed signs of good years. Hazard took the lead 1-0 after 1 and extended it to 3-0 in the top of the fifth. Paintsville answered with 4 runs in the bottom of the 5th to take the lead. The Tigers added 2 more in the bottom of the 6th but after 3 straigh walks to start the seventh, the Dawgs put together 3 singles to plate 5 runs and held on for the win.
Now for the blown calls. In the first inning with 2 ours and a runner on second, Grigsby hit one to the gap in left center, The runner decided to trot the last 50 feet home and Cyrus made a great cut off and gunned Grigsby trying to make it a double. The home plate ump was 10 feet up the third base line watching the play at second and not realizing that the third out was made with the runner 6 feet from home, allowed the run to count.....he just totally blew it by not paying attention and being in position to make the timed call.
His last blown call was in the seventh with Grigsby on second and a single up the middle allowes him an attempt at scoring, Cyrus made a beautiful do or die play on the ball and threw a strike to the plate to cut down the runner but for some strange reason the man in blue checked to see if the catcher held on to the ball and then called the runner safe. he actually negated probably the 2 best plays of the game.
But...congrats are in order for the Dawgs! Good luck on the rest of your season and hopefully we will see these two go at it for a chance at Applebee's in the "All A".
Nice Win!!! Go Dawgs !!!!
I know it is early but why pitch Lyons 3 innings with a seed game coming up on Thursday with LC? Am I wrong or are you only allowed 9 innings in a week now(pitching)? This means he can only go 6 against LC, I am not sure his coaches would allow him to go that long anyways this early in the season so it may be a moot point.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, terrible umpiring in the game, not balls and strikes wise (that is a given in the 15th region) however, umpires being out of position and basically not apaying attention cost the Tigers the game. I never agrue balls and strikes but non-judgement calls are one of my pet peeves. It was a two man crew and the first run of the game came about 3 seconds after the 3rd out was made in the inning. Oh well, its early in the season and I guess nobody on the field is at 100% yet. Or I at least hope that wasn't their best performance. If so, its going to be a long season and interesting conversations on here!
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I know it is early but why pitch Lyons 3 innings with a seed game coming up on Thursday with LC? Am I wrong or are you only allowed 9 innings in a week now(pitching)? This means he can only go 6 against LC, I am not sure his coaches would allow him to go that long anyways this early in the season so it may be a moot point.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, terrible umpiring in the game, not balls and strikes wise (that is a given in the 15th region) however, umpires being out of position and basically not apaying attention cost the Tigers the game. I never agrue balls and strikes but non-judgement calls are one of my pet peeves. It was a two man crew and the first run of the game came about 3 seconds after the 3rd out was made in the inning. Oh well, its early in the season and I guess nobody on the field is at 100% yet. Or I at least hope that wasn't their best performance. If so, its going to be a long season and interesting conversations on here!

9 innings in one day, 15 in one week (7 day period). Lyons is not a basketball player so I'm sure he has been throwing for a while. PITCH COUNT and weather conditions are more important than innings pitched. It was 65+ degrees yesterday, a great day to pitch.
Congrats Hazard.